Wuruhi Anae V.2

This is Wuruhi Anae V.2.

I created a V.1 of Wuruhi Anae ( you can see him here: Wuruhi Anae V.1 ) a few years ago and I just got back into mocing a month or so ago and this is the moc I wanted to start with again.
I was always dissapointed with the first Version so I really wanted to finally make him again. I really hope you guys like him, he was made with a contest specifically in mind so I put a lot of work into him with the little time I had ( if you are on instagram, you can check it out with the hashtag #devanonpuristcontest ).

he is not fully done yet, I still want to make some minor changes here and there and maybe paint him a little bit more, so if you have any criticisms shoot and I will definetely take it into consideration. This was quite challenging to make, since I was stuck on the torso for a while and the legs were annoying. He originally was going to have a hood like his V.1 counterpart but the time constraints didn’t allow that and I will fix it later on.
i cannot take credit for the mask since it was expertly painted by Modaltmask’s. Should you have any questions about the build or custom parts i will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

I am not sure if anyone is interested in his backstory or not, so I just wrote some core ideas down for you guys. His backstory has no corelation with the G1 or G2 storyline what so ever and is of my own imagination. Let me know if you want some story, history, etc more, It would be a suprise but a welcome one.

48 Likes

I like your attitude.

First thing to note is that you have two shades of silver on this MOC, one for the G1 pieces on the torso, shins, feet, and right hand, and another on the thighs and right arm. This is informed on my part though, you seem to have successfully minimized the difference between the two by your choice of lighting and filters. I would consider painting one to match the other.

I dig the black and blue arm, and he’s got a nice physique overall. I’m not a fan of the black armor on the knees, both because it breaks the color layering and because I don’t like using that piece in that way in general. The chest is too far out from his torso, and the mask is a significantly different shade from the silver(s) on the reset of him and it distracts.

Also, the story doesn’t make sense for either continuity, the Brotherhood of Makuta never “unleashed their fury onto the known world” (Makuta Teridax did, but he killed the rest of the Brotherhood in the process.) Maybe you could downsize the scope of his story to a struggle with just one member of the brotherhood and his/her influence on one of the many islands within the Matoran Universe.

1 Like

hawkflight,

I feel as though all your points are valid, especially the knee armor. The legs were made in about two hours so and many things were rushed and made to look decent enough. the knee armor will be revisited and the lower leg probably too. I agree with you on the mask, it does look a little odd but it would have been a shame to let the mask go to waste. I will either ask Modaltmask’s to make a new one or paint one myself. The torso
is something I will keep as to me it adds to his character and overall doesn’t bother me.

I also should have clarified that the “story” is of my own imagination and does not corelate with G1 or G2. I had been thinking of my own story for a while now and decided to give it a go with this moc. if you would like to know more I would be glad to give a bit more info or write a story on the boards. I will edit the original post to make this clear.

thank you very much for your comment as it will help me make the moc better.

-Warschinken

1 Like

Cool. My only gripe is the tiny sword

1 Like

Unjaguk,

someone else on instagram pointed out the same thing, but I just am not sure how to make it better without making it to “fat”. do you have any suggestions on how to improve on the weapon?

-Warschinken

I gotta admit, his backstory was impressive.

Almost as impressive as the MOC it self. I dig the overall design and custom paint.

1 Like

Andrew31kbrick193,

thank you very much for your comment, it is always nice to hear that the work put into the MOC and backstory is aprecciated. If you have any questions, do please feel free to ask.

-Warschinken

1 Like

Wow that is nice, but can you make a better sword at the moment its a bit simplistic

1 Like

Lengthen it as well as making it thicker, so it doesn’t look fat bc of length

1 Like

I’m going to both contest and support this. I like the sword design (and I’m a big fan of those pieces for swords in general), but it’s rather small and thin for this scale of MOC. A classic BIONICLE sword would complement the aesthetic and be more in scale.

1 Like

really like the armor on his thighs and obliques

1 Like

UnSolaced,

thank you! is there anything you think could be improved?
I would like to make him as near perfect as I can, so please feel free to criticise!

-Warschinken

I think Hawkflight has brought up a interesting point, and that is scale. If you could take a moment to look at these three pictures:

the swords in the pictures are not too big, and seem to be roughly half the size of the men wielding them. I agree that the sword should be a bit longer but not too much.

Also, I don’t think that just because something is simple in the build that it automatically means it is a bad design. Although, if you mean that it doesn’t fit with the overall aesthetic the MOC is trying to achieve, then I can understand that.

Again I would like to thank you all for commenting since it really is helping me improve the look of the MOC.

-Warschinken

2 Likes

Not much to critique tbh. But the textures on the back seem a little choppy

1 Like

This is very interesting moc. It definitely has an impressive build, and his backstory is interesting. I don’t usually hear of completely original storylines of Bionicle, and it seems intriguing thus far.
Also, dang, you are one of the most polite and reasonable members I’ve seen lol. I’d love to see more from you.

2 Likes

Very good! An amazing improvement upon an already solid MOC. It definitely takes the overused “disgraced warrior” archetype and makes it its own.

1 Like

I love your backstory for this MOC and the custom painted pieces are way cool.

The first thing that stood out to me that I think the MOC could truly use an improvement on is the different shades of silver. If you could find a way to get them uniform or more similar I think this would be super solid.

Regarding some of the other’s comments about the sword, I would like to echo the idea of making the blade longer or simply switch to a traditional Bionicle blade, maybe from 07?

Edited to say: I forgot to mention everything I liked about it, sorry! I really enjoy that the whole MOC has a filled out build to it. By that I mean that the whole torso is developed front and back. I liked the pieces that you used to fill out the back of him and I like that you did the same for his legs. Very good looking. I also really enjoy how you beefed up the area around his neck, which I suppose is more like his clavicle haha, but it also really contributes to him looking well designed.

As someone else said I’d like to see what else you’ve come up with!

1 Like

Hautaka,

Thank you for your interest in the MOC and backstory. The backstory is something that has been swirling around in my head for a while and it has finally started to take form.
I have a plethora of ideas that could become a written story or just more backstory for each MOC, or maybe just little essays suppplied with Every MOC. Thing is I’m not entirely sure if anyone want’s to read more of it. If enough people start to tell me they would like more, I would do it. I don’t want to bore anybody though so I can also just stick to the moccing.

About the politeness, I feel as though it is more engaging and fun when the community can have a polite and respectful discussion. Also it is matter of clarity, since in my opinion it is easier to understand someone when they articulate themselves in a reasonable matter, especially when it is in written form.

If you feel like anything about the MOC or backstory could be improved, please feel free to do so!

-Warschinken

Darkbrick999,

Thank you! I am very proud about this MOC and I agree that it is a good improvement next to the first version. The overused “disgraced warrior” archetype is definitely something that I wanted to distance myself from without losing the core inner and outer conflicts, if that makes even a sliver of sense.

Do you think the MOC could use some improvements? if so please let me know!

-Warschinken

Vorovaxx,

thank you for pointing out that the silver tones do not match. In my hurry I didn’t have the time to think about that a lot, I guess my head thought silver was just silver. I will try to correct that mistake as soon as possible!

I think the a 2007 blade would look good, but then I would first of all have to make a bricklink order so that might take a while.

I am happy that you like it! It is nice of you to take the time mention the things you like and also fantastic that you took the time to comment in general.

-Warschinken

P.S.

To all of those that have commented,

this has been a very warm welcome so far, and it is great that so many of you have taken the time to comment!
Sadly since this is my first creation in about 2 years I have to inform you all that i have no other MOC at the moment, as this was basically my return to the scene so to speak.

But I am already working on more characters and storys so get excited for everything to come!

-Warschinken

2 Likes

Very exciting break back in to the community! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like