X-Wing Revamp!

Well, seeing as I had recently gotten Poe’s X Wing and kinda wanted to rebuild my 2006 version. For ths revamp I tried to squeeze in many smaller details, shapes and patterns present in the Red 5 varient. Seeing as I don’t have much light gray I couldn’t make it in light grey, which is a major inaccuracy but whatever :ok_hand:.
On to the moc!!

Well, I hope you you like the moc, be sure to leave you thoughts below!
There is a slideshow video on my Youtube page if you are interested!

17 Likes

Oh my, that is a nice X wing ya got there.

1 Like

Edited Title

I like this tons and such, but I think the lower wings are a bit bare.

1 Like

@SwagMeister Thanks!
@Plural ughhh, they really arent paved with detail in the actual versions, plus even If I added detail they wouldn’t be able to close all the way. Shoot I’ll give you the underside but it’s not usually viewed from below. So I just left it out.

1 Like

I know they aren’t highly detailed on the actual vehicle, but they still have a certain touch to it that your version is missing.

Also, the wings should still close fine if you add extra detail, at least, from what I can see.

The weight, they already have issues closing automatically because of it, plus some beams running close to the middle of the ‘inside’ of the top wings. I would just add more rubber bands if it wouldn’t rip apart the wings :P.

Okay, so you’re using the innards of the 2006 X-Wing, which I thankfully have right next to me. I just covered the bottom wings with a whole lotta plates and they’re closing pretty well. As long as you’re using the original rubber bands, you should be fi-

[Notices he’s using Office Max Bands]
http://replygif.net/i/1081.gif

2 Likes

Yeah, my other “correct” rubber bands broke from old age.

1 Like

So saed. :cry:

1 Like

this is pretty awesome not gonna lie

1 Like

Wow this is way better then the official released sets

1 Like

@Middlefingerstudios
@Spoooooopy_velcro
Thanks, in all honesty this is a very simply revamp, could’ve been much better if I had more parts (as I don’t collect much system anymore, but I plan to get lots of sets with money I get during christmas.).

1 Like

Wow, I already thought that this was amazing from the first few photos then I saw the photos were the wings seperate and I almost cried. Making a really cool moc is one thing, giving it a function is like a whole other level! And it’s an X-Wing, of all things to build, it’s like the best ship in the sci-fi genre. Fantastic job!

1 Like

@MetaPower
It’s actually based on the interior structure of Lego’s 2006 X-Wing set. I tried to keep the functionality even if it meant a few structural weaknesses (*cough couch WINGS *cough cough). Thanks though!

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

@Oniwah
Thanks! I’m genuinely surprised so many people like this moc, it’s entirely built upon the interior frame of the 2006 X-wing.

1 Like