"You want your freedom? Take it."

I was out by Lake Michigan a couple times this week, so of course I had to get some photos (the Star Wars Black Series photos will be uploaded later to the usual topic).

I’m incredibly satisfied with how this turned out. The inspiration for the picture was simple: the Aperture Science campus was in Michigan, and I was going to visit Michigan. So, I figured a picture of my Chell minifigure seemed like it was in order.

19 Likes

The rock is so eerily real with the cartoonish minifigure atop it, it’s kinda meta to see them paired. My brain keeps saying that green spot of the wave is actually a long bush and not just water; maybe all the water in Michigan is green or something idk

While you’re up there could you see if Canada is real? I’ve heard so many rumors

8 Likes

Actually, it’s a fallen tree covered in iron-rich sand (which is why some of the sand is black).

It was a little greenish in real life. Not entirely sure why, though.

I wasn’t in the Upper Peninsula, so I couldn’t get a good look at the alleged “country”. So, this remains unconfirmed.

4 Likes

“You know, deleting Coraline just taught me an important lesson. The right solution is typically the easiest one. And killing you, is hard. So you win. Just. Go.”

4 Likes

canadias not just real buddy, its the escape plan

…well, when its not on fire of course.

great picture cobalt!

6 Likes

It’s not real It’s the 51st state of the USA.

5 Likes

I’ve been to the border, so I can confirm that at least British Columbia exists. It doesn’t have anything but trees and fields, though.

4 Likes

If you please

https://www.schlitzaudubon.org/2019/06/17/lake-michigan-colors/

It’s possible the recent weather has churned up some particulate and affected the hue

I know a Canadian and he’s exactly as described

Amd most importantly, nice shot Cobalt. Your perspectives always make the toys feel like they’re not toys

4 Likes