Your experience with The Dream™

i had a dream where i went to smyths toys superstores.
i found a glorious, trans-purple titan called “Makuta the Mask Maker”
then i realized it was a dream because as i was putting it through the
checkout it turned into a DVD of the matrix.
and i don’t even like the matrix.

7 Likes

I’ve had the dream once that I can remember. I was in a nondescript toy store and walked into an aisle that was just pure Bionicle from top to bottom. New sets I had never seen before. They came in Metru colors, shorter than the Inika builds, but with bigger masks, and fuller builds with fewer gaps in them. There were Toa, villains, and titans. Each row of boxes had a complete set or two at the end to show what they looked like.

3 Likes

I’ve had quite a few experiences with The Dream. One instance that happened to me last night is the reason why I’m writing but I’ll just write about the other ones I can remember at the moment while I’m at it.

The first instance in recent memory was after my 7-year Bonkle hiatus (about 4 years ago). I was in my bed and was looking for something in my nightstand. I started opening one drawer and realized it was packed to the brim with ziploc bags full of krana and kraata. I had realized this was probably a dream and as I was slowly opening the drawer, I was debating with myself whether I should stop to avoid being disappointed when I wake up or just revel in the moment. I woke up before I could make up my mind.

In another instance after that, I had heard about a Target that had shelves lined with new, factory sealed Bionicle sets. When I had gotten there, they were all gone but I had found a note telling me where I could find more. It led me on a rabbit trail that eventually brought me to a thrift store. I woke up before I could get there.

In another instance, I was at something similar to a Toys R Us. I made some comment to myself that I probably won’t find any Bionicles here. An older employee overheard me and said they had just stocked up some shelves with new Bionicle sets. After some long searching, I finally found the shelves but they were full of cheap CCBS Star Wars bootlegs.

The one I had just last night (the reason why I’m writing) is probably the most interesting. I was in some souvenir shop somewhere in New Hampshire and came across a section of second-hand toys. An unopened Zaktan canister caught my attention but it was something around $30 so I didn’t buy it. Then I saw a Matoro Inika set. While this one was $8, it was super used up and missing a lot of parts so I put it back. This is where it gets really intriguing. A woman saw me browsing the Bionicles and we started talking about it. I found out she worked for Lego and was one of the animators who had started working on the cancelled 5th movie. She brought me to her office in the back of the store where she showed me some test animations. Some clips included an overhead view of the Valley of the Maze, Kiina driving a vehicle similar to the Thornatus and Mata Nui, Ackar and Kiina traversing a small underground lake. Because their new models hadn’t been made yet, Barraki models were used as placeholders for the respective colored characters (Takadox for Kiina, Kalmah for Ackar and Carapar for Mata Nui). I wanted to take pictures of this but was worried I might, for some reason, get kicked out for even asking so leaned far back in my chair (we were positioned siting side-by-side in front of the computer) and started sporadically taking pictures, all the while thinking “I wonder if this is how those grainy prototype images that start rumors are made”. By the time she showed me all that she had, I thanked her and said goodbye. I started going through my pictures and, while some came out blurry, others came out fairly well. The first thought I had when I woke up was, “Man, wouldn’t that be nice if photos could be transferred from dreams”.

7 Likes

that’s really weird
But also cool.

3 Likes

Been a while, but happened last night. I was in some nondescript store, with shelves that reached just below eye level. There was a bunch of legos, but most importantly a few G1 sets, and a few G2 sets. I specifically remember Bitil, Skull Slicer, and Skull Basher. Each one was an upgraded version of the original, and sat at 35 bucks each.

4 Likes

It happened again: i was dreamin’ about having an Exo-toa, only with just one arm. than i realized i could build it’s arm with pieces from my collection, so i went back to my place where i keep parts, got what i needed, but when i got there the Exo-toa was gone. Then i realized this was a dream.
P.S.
then i had a different dream that there was a flying medusa head with machine gun eyes. Is this a normal sort of dream to have after a bionicle dream?

8 Likes

It is when I-

I mean

When I have absolutely nothing to do with anything whatsoever. Yep. Completely uninvolved, that’s me. Mhm.

5 Likes

I was in a comic book store and it had a shelf of old lego sets, some with boxes, some without, and what did I see? The Helryx and Artakha models, fully built with the canon mask designs with boxes/canisters. I want to say the Helryx was going for $20 and Artakha was going for $60ish.

6 Likes

That actually sounds accurate
To size, I mean

5 Likes

I’ve also had a recurring dream where I go to one of those big chain stores that sell a bit of everything, and they always have a mix of pre-2006 sets and throwbots in new packaging. The packaging always looks amateurish but the sets themselves are of the same quality as official Lego products.

3 Likes

My dream always plays out in a similar way:

-Gen 3 happens
-I decided not to buy the sets for one reason or another
-Gen 3 ends
-I regret my decision
-I go to a thrift shop
-They have 5 of the Gen 3 toa sets!
-Wait
-Where’s number six
-I will never find number six

Happens, like, every month or two.

7 Likes

oh hey, a topic for The Dream

Mine have been weird if only two. A couple of months ago I dreamt I was in some toy store (probably a local one?) and lo and behold on the shelf was the product of the dream: a metric cubed ton of G1 sets. The selection made no sense, on a bottom shelf was simply Turaga Vakama, above the Toa Inika/Mahri, and above the Mata (I think? it’s hard to recount a dream perfectly). The weird stuff starts when Vakama just straight up disappears, and then I woke up. Last night I had a random dream about being in a store and all of a sudden I saw a sealed Pohatu Mata on a shelf for plants. It was that moment that I became aware of dreaming and shot awake

I think the weirdest part is that I have no nostalgia with G1. I wasn’t a fan of bonks as a whole until last year and the only G1 sets I ever owned were handed down to me by a cousin, which I don’t have anymore. They shouldn’t be invading my dreams but this lego robot brainrot is terrifyingly strong

8 Likes

I had a dream once where I had most of, if not all the Rahkshi from 2003. However, as soon as I opened Guurahk’s canister, I noticed most of the pieces were missing. Because of this I was too sad to open or even notice the other Rahkshi canisters.

3 Likes

I had a dream last night, but I’m a little foggy on it. Basically LEGO sold a ton of G1 sets in mint condition from S@H and I was opening up all the packages I bought. There were at least 10 boxes, but the only sets I remember seeing were Nidhiki, Toa Metru Nokama and Mazeka. There were definitely a few other 2008 sets, but I can’t remember what they were.

My dreams are always just me getting the old sets I missed out on.

5 Likes

I’ve also had a variation of the dream where I’m visiting someone’s house and they have a massive collection of g1 parts and mocs. To make a long story short the dream usually ends with me being allowed to take various pieces home, with the pieces in question often times being ones I need to complete a moc.

3 Likes

who are you visiting, Santa?!

3 Likes

Dont remember how long has it been since I have one of this dream, but the last time I had it, it basically just me walking into a random book store, found shelves full of Takadox & Carapar sets. Brought some of it then I woke up, feeling an immense disappointment and day have been ruined even before it is start.

Funny thing is, for some reason, every dream I had about the dream, it is always about the Barraki and Brutaka. I figured it’s because Mahri arc is when I started joined Bionicle, so I have more sentimental value about it more than other waves, and Brutaka is a titan set that I always wanted to have as a kid.

3 Likes

I had a dream earlier this month where my brother and I were kids again. We were walking through a mall, and we went into this small toy store that only sold lego sets from the early 2000s. The shelves were the small ones that you’d find at a kohl’s clothing store.

kohls

I woke up while we were standing in the checkout line, so we never bought anything. :unamused:

5 Likes

Every single time I have a dream like that, it makes me feel nostalgia for G1 I never knew I had.

3 Likes

Legend has it that those who successfully complete The Dream wake up with the bounties of their shopping having turned real.

13 Likes