Your experience with The Dream™

Ima plop this here

5 Likes

wait somebody actually made a video about this?

2 Likes

been there for a while

2 Likes

Yesterday I had a dream in which I found a sealed Maxilos and Spinax (the top of my BIONICLE wanted list) for $18 in a CVS, except it wasn’t in its original packaging. It had the BIONICLE logo and LEGO logo on it, but it was in one of those boxes that the entire front face is transparent, akin to something like this:

3 Likes

I’ve had “The Dream” plenty of times over the years. Most of them were of me in present day finding the handful of sets I missed in the first gen. I did have one recently about what seemed to be Gen-3 sets. All of them had me get to checkout but never be able to be completed before waking up. I was very surprised to find out how extraordinarily common this type of dream is.

3 Likes

oh yeah this stuff.
Well only have variations of The Dream. Pretty weird ones.

I don’t recall most of them TBH.

1 Like

Yeah this is basically me too. Unless it really stands out.

3 Likes

I was just in a toy store with pretty much every Bionicle figure i could think of, browsing them until i finally settled on one to take home. Always a nice dream to have honestly.

5 Likes

Welcome to this site. Have a good time.

1 Like

I wish I had dates of when I’ve had The Dream, but it’s happened 3 times, typically once or twice a year. Nevermind the fact that I’m a sucker for dream analysis in general, for any dreams.

First 2 times were very similar. I’m walking through a discount chain called Cost Cutters (Drug Fair in some places) which by itself is long past discontinued. I walk through an aisle towards the back but not along the back wall. I’d find Bionicle among two shelves side by side in the aisle, usually from 2001-2003, with display pieces in the shelves similar to LEGO displays nowadays in a Target, most memorable of which the Bohrok.

And over the past 6 months, again, I should’ve written down the date for accuracy, I was waking into a ToysRUs in a plaza treated as its 2nd revival (sometime after the NJ/TX mall revival closed in January and before the Macy’s announcement in August). This layout was even MORE basic than the last one: blank walls, very little maze-like shelving, most shelves were near the register or along the walls. That way the middle would be completely open for play tables, including a giant buildable LEGO City table, the kind you would find at a LEGOLand. Bionicle showed up here in the form the of the 2007 playsets, notably the Toa Terrain Crawler behind the register.

It was funny to me that the ToysRUs wasn’t a flashback, but rather a flash forward, and yet Bionicle was a throwback even in the time period of The Dream.

Maniac4Bricks (Joey)

6 Likes

I had another one.

This was kinda a recurring dream in which me and my brother find a huge box of G1 exclusive parts or random scattered G1 parts somewhere in our house which supposedly belonged to my elder cousin, which is kinda weird in that 1. he was never interested in BIONICLE, 2. He was too young for most of G1’s run, and 3. just read a few of the comic books.

Among the box of parts were a trans dark green Kaukau, and a copy of all three Ignikas, except the silver and gold Ignikas were larger than their IRL counterparts and had no connection points (weirdly enough, the gold Ignika had the G2 mask connection). After the dream happened, I suddenly awoke at a bit later than 4 am in the morning and felt a tinge of disappointment because I didn’t have them :disappointed:

5 Likes

i had a dream where i went to smyths toys superstores.
i found a glorious, trans-purple titan called “Makuta the Mask Maker”
then i realized it was a dream because as i was putting it through the
checkout it turned into a DVD of the matrix.
and i don’t even like the matrix.

7 Likes

I’ve had the dream once that I can remember. I was in a nondescript toy store and walked into an aisle that was just pure Bionicle from top to bottom. New sets I had never seen before. They came in Metru colors, shorter than the Inika builds, but with bigger masks, and fuller builds with fewer gaps in them. There were Toa, villains, and titans. Each row of boxes had a complete set or two at the end to show what they looked like.

3 Likes

I’ve had quite a few experiences with The Dream. One instance that happened to me last night is the reason why I’m writing but I’ll just write about the other ones I can remember at the moment while I’m at it.

The first instance in recent memory was after my 7-year Bonkle hiatus (about 4 years ago). I was in my bed and was looking for something in my nightstand. I started opening one drawer and realized it was packed to the brim with ziploc bags full of krana and kraata. I had realized this was probably a dream and as I was slowly opening the drawer, I was debating with myself whether I should stop to avoid being disappointed when I wake up or just revel in the moment. I woke up before I could make up my mind.

In another instance after that, I had heard about a Target that had shelves lined with new, factory sealed Bionicle sets. When I had gotten there, they were all gone but I had found a note telling me where I could find more. It led me on a rabbit trail that eventually brought me to a thrift store. I woke up before I could get there.

In another instance, I was at something similar to a Toys R Us. I made some comment to myself that I probably won’t find any Bionicles here. An older employee overheard me and said they had just stocked up some shelves with new Bionicle sets. After some long searching, I finally found the shelves but they were full of cheap CCBS Star Wars bootlegs.

The one I had just last night (the reason why I’m writing) is probably the most interesting. I was in some souvenir shop somewhere in New Hampshire and came across a section of second-hand toys. An unopened Zaktan canister caught my attention but it was something around $30 so I didn’t buy it. Then I saw a Matoro Inika set. While this one was $8, it was super used up and missing a lot of parts so I put it back. This is where it gets really intriguing. A woman saw me browsing the Bionicles and we started talking about it. I found out she worked for Lego and was one of the animators who had started working on the cancelled 5th movie. She brought me to her office in the back of the store where she showed me some test animations. Some clips included an overhead view of the Valley of the Maze, Kiina driving a vehicle similar to the Thornatus and Mata Nui, Ackar and Kiina traversing a small underground lake. Because their new models hadn’t been made yet, Barraki models were used as placeholders for the respective colored characters (Takadox for Kiina, Kalmah for Ackar and Carapar for Mata Nui). I wanted to take pictures of this but was worried I might, for some reason, get kicked out for even asking so leaned far back in my chair (we were positioned siting side-by-side in front of the computer) and started sporadically taking pictures, all the while thinking “I wonder if this is how those grainy prototype images that start rumors are made”. By the time she showed me all that she had, I thanked her and said goodbye. I started going through my pictures and, while some came out blurry, others came out fairly well. The first thought I had when I woke up was, “Man, wouldn’t that be nice if photos could be transferred from dreams”.

7 Likes

that’s really weird
But also cool.

3 Likes

Been a while, but happened last night. I was in some nondescript store, with shelves that reached just below eye level. There was a bunch of legos, but most importantly a few G1 sets, and a few G2 sets. I specifically remember Bitil, Skull Slicer, and Skull Basher. Each one was an upgraded version of the original, and sat at 35 bucks each.

4 Likes

It happened again: i was dreamin’ about having an Exo-toa, only with just one arm. than i realized i could build it’s arm with pieces from my collection, so i went back to my place where i keep parts, got what i needed, but when i got there the Exo-toa was gone. Then i realized this was a dream.
P.S.
then i had a different dream that there was a flying medusa head with machine gun eyes. Is this a normal sort of dream to have after a bionicle dream?

8 Likes

It is when I-

I mean

When I have absolutely nothing to do with anything whatsoever. Yep. Completely uninvolved, that’s me. Mhm.

5 Likes

I was in a comic book store and it had a shelf of old lego sets, some with boxes, some without, and what did I see? The Helryx and Artakha models, fully built with the canon mask designs with boxes/canisters. I want to say the Helryx was going for $20 and Artakha was going for $60ish.

6 Likes

That actually sounds accurate
To size, I mean

5 Likes