Your experience with The Dream™

@Krelikan

19 Likes

Had it again last night. Revamps of the Toa Mata and their foes were sets that looked like Hero Factory Savage Planet villains based off of the original Rahi instead of animals. There was even a point in the dream where I was like, “Oh this is totally The Dream again.
“ Then someone in the dream was like ‘nah? This is real life’ and I began feeding into it. Ughh

6 Likes

Man, the three of you are lucky. I haven’t had it in months now.

1 Like

More like unlucky, literally trapped in recurring dreams where we have things we know we never will again, pining after a lost childhood joy

Edit:
Also, 3 of us had the dream last night. We really are living in a simulation aren’t we.

6 Likes

I can confirm

1 Like

Or perhaps it’s that old bzpower mind link acting up again (could’ve sworn they took that down when g1 ended)

3 Likes

literally trapped in recurring dreams where we have things we know we never will again, pining after a lost childhood joy

That fits many descriptions of what it is like to live in Hell.

1 Like

I think it happens to me when I need some sort of comfort. I had some intense mid terms and I think my brain threw some nostalgia comfort at me. But it just makes me bittersweet sad happy

1 Like

I’ve actually never had a dream like this, which isn’t surprising given how weird my dreams usually are.

2 Likes
1 Like

I had it.
I had The Dream™.
I had it a year ago and completely forgot about it until this morning. I had woken up from a dream which funnily enough was the first dream in which I cried…that’s a story for another day. Anyways somehow my brain synapses, after waking up through several coincidences managed to recall “The Dream” topic then recall that I had had said dream albeit quite different from others.

So The Dream™
My family and I were at some sort of theme park, kinda of a pirate shanty town, lots of rustic buildings huddled together with cobblestone streets winding in between. The entire place was crowded like Mos Eisley-with crowds to weave through.
Enter the player.
I had separated from my family to check out a warmly lit bookstore/2nd hand shop with various curios. I eventually made my way to the back and right at the bottom most shelf in the darkest corner was a basket. A basket full of masks. All of them were in colours they had never come in, sparkly purple Haus, Infected Kakamas, you name it. I spent ages pouring over them, weighing up which to buy as they were 5 bucks a piece, until I realised they couldn’t be real, I checked and sure enough they weren’t. They were custom resin molds! Still fantastic enough!

By that point my family had walked away and had said the usual “we’re leaving…without you” so I rushed to catch up with them to show them this amazing find. They’re dubious of my find but I drag them back to the store. I’d compare the experience to that scene in Chicken Little where Chicken Little is trying to show the townspeople the Flying saucer but they’re just dragging their feet. We finally get there and I rush to the back to find the basket full of masks but they’re all horrible, they’re all like the thumbnail of that one video “how to make a custom Bionicle mask” horribly painted, horribly shaped clay monstrosities. I checked all over, sure that there had been a mistake, trying to explain that there was different masks but my family were already leaving…

So frustrating.

6 Likes

You don’t get used to this.

Slightly related dream. I’ve had a couple of these ones before. Basically, I bring all of my Bionicles on a trip somewhere, but I don’t pack them up until the very hour we’re headed home. This causes me to stress out and frantically try to collect all of them before we leave. For some reason where ever we stay at will be destroyed at the time we’re supposed to be out. It doesn’t make any sense, but I guess that’s a dream for you.

Edit: This video popped into my feed today and I had to put it here.
The Bionicle Dream Phenomenon

4 Likes

Just wanted to talk about some of my Dream experiences. Blows my mind that I’m not alone. Here’s a few notable ones.

• Due to popular demand, LEGO produces a send-off set for G2, featuring a new version of Ekimu fighting a new version of Makuta. The Makuta is not the JtO model and it’s similar to Umarak the Destroyer, just slightly more skeletal, and it’s colored black, red, and purple. The box is highly ornamental, coming in a cloth sleeve with a printed painting of Ekimu battling Makuta in a dark chamber with a single shaft of light coming from the ceiling. Sliding the box out of the sleeve reveals, on the left, a plastic window showing the parts, and, on the right, a closeup of the eyes of the Mask of Control, similar to the looming shadowy face from the 2015 winter key art. Above it, there’s the usual LEGO and BIONICLE logos, and below it is the set info. Incidentally, in this dream, there were new Ninjago sets featuring a similar cloth sleeve over the box. The art on those showed a geometric, medieval-looking red snake that breathed fire. I barely remember the sets, just the feeling of interest that they and the plot gave me. There was one of those LEGO Store displays there showing off some of the sets in a desert backdrop.
  • LEGO announces a G3. The key art has a heavily red color scheme with white accents, and the first promo material is a huge poster with a checklist of every BIONICLE set ever on it. On the reverse side is a red-and-gold Toa… Lewa. The Toa Mata are revamped for this G3, and they are huge, 1000+ piece sets with chrome gold pieces and masks and a mostly red-and-gold color scheme. Gold is the main color, red a secondary, and then the Toa’s elemental color is simply an accent. I remember thinking it was a weird choice. Lewa was standing in a dark chamber under a spotlight and had a big longbow and a shield. The Mask of Time played a large role in the story of G3.
  • I’m at an independent, small business sort of toy store and there’s some wicked cool bootlegs. Stuff like every part is molded in transparent colors, or masks in colors they were never produced in. Among the bootlegs was a Lewa Phantoka made entirely of gummy candy. Just a giant, single-piece gummy.
  • I’m at a Target or Walmart-style store and they have shelves of old sets, specifically Mahri titans.
  • I’m at a Target or Walmart-style store and they have tons of 2001 sets marked down 90% or 95% off. I bring armfuls to the register and they ring up as full price.
  • I’m at this weird convention where LEGO is about to announce the newest BIONICLE theme, which is just normal action figures. Not buildable ones, just action figures.
  • I’m at a LEGO Store and I know that directly in front of me is a shelf of BIONICLE sets. I’m too tired to open my eyes or move.
  • I’m at a Toys-R-Us and I know that directly in front of me is a shelf of BIONICLE sets. I’m too tired to move, and, whenever I gather enough strength to wrench my eyes open, I’m in school. When they close, I’m back at the Toys-R-Us.

This one is not a BIONICLE Dream but a Ninjago one, weirdly, and I thought it’d be cool to share it. This dream occurred several years ago. I was at an independent toy store, low-lit and dingy, and they had the original Year 1 Ninjago spinners there. I didn’t pay much mind to this dream until 2019, when my family stopped at Uranus, Missouri on a road trip to Texas. There, the toy store looked exactly like my dream, and it had the Year 1 Ninjago spinners. My mind was blown. I had predicted it.

Anyways, those are some of my experiences with BIONICLE Dreams.

8 Likes

So you just a hard core lurker or…?

3 Likes

Also, one day in my dream I was visiting a nondescript house or store (i don’t exactly remember) in the middle of nowhere, so I went inside. Inside there were shelves and shelves of bins, filled with every single Bionicle/HF part you could ever want. I remember wanting them so badly, so I took a bag and started to gather as many parts as I could. I don’t remember what happened after that, but I probably woke up disappointed.

3 Likes

That sounds like the Bionicle version of Hansel & Gretel (or Goldilocks) :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Not quite the dream, but I had a Bionicle-related last night

Lego had been bought out by some larger company, maybe Disney, maybe some other toy company. They changed Lego’s logo to be flat design with just the letter E on it. As part of this “new” Lego, they rebooted Bionicle as a system line. I can’t remember much, but I remember that it featured minifigures not dissimilar to Brickonicle.

Honestly I think I was more excited for the change to flat design than I was Bionicle, but hey both were fake anyway.

9 Likes

19 Likes

For years I’ve had this recurring dream of walking into a Goodwill and finding the Mystic Mountain Time Lab complete but used in the original box. I think this is because when I was about three years old, my parents took me to a Big Lots and they had Time Cruisers sets there, though I was so young I’m not sure if this actually happened.

6 Likes

Wait, who or what is Skeleton Poseidon?

1 Like