Your Favorite Rey Theories (SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!)

I know, right?

1 Like

My biggest issue is this: did the creator of the novel even know what’s going on in Episode 8? I’d take that book as a grain of salt if they don’t.

1 Like

I don’t know, but it’s confirmed to be canon. That could change, though.

That’s extremely dumb then.

Especially if Episode 8 might contradict it. Not a good idea to publish important plot stuff like that until the movie comes out.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like that a lot of semi-important stuff is starting to get left out of the movies again. It’s part of why I stopped being interested in the old EU. There were just too many ways the story was being told. You couldn’t just buy the next book, you also had to buy 2 video games, a comic series, ect.

2 Likes

Here’s my theory, Rey isn’t related to Luke or Obi-Wan, and she didn’t have force sensitive parents, they were FO loyalists but couldn’t bear to hand their daughter over, so they sent her to Jakku

1 Like

Its been confirmed that the director of episode 8 did have a hand in the story of the book, also the Lucasfilm story team has been really strict on that kinda stuff as too not cause what happened with old canon

1 Like

Makes sense then.

Welp, I guess that puts a hole in my theory. Still, I don’t see how she could be anyone else’s kid.

2 Likes

Its still a possibility, since we still don’t know who snoke is or when knights of ren started, so, Ben could have already revolted at this time, and nobody knew, since in the book

they never make contact with Luke, and its never stated where Luke is and, R2 might have been sent back, but its never stated if r2 I with him at the time or not, since he would have been sent around the time that Luke would be at the temple, since he has the map on him. Also if I failed as badly as Luke, I wouldn’t want to talk to anyone either.

1 Like

I did like your “muscle memory” concept, as it did explain how she was able to use Force abilities so quickly. However, if that’s not the case, there is another likely explanation. There was a theory I read (I’ll see if I can find it later) that said she unknowingly used the Dark Side. The Dark Side is easier to access and use.

1 Like

Several options:

1. Daughter of Luke and some other women (preferebly AU Mara Jade)
  2. Daughter of Lea and Han (pretty cold parents)
  3. Daughter of Han and some other woman
  4. Grandaughter of Obi-Wan “permiscuous” Kenobi
  5. Daughter of Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor
  6. Some non previously established characters that have not been revealed yet, or not that important in the grand scheme of things to matter

A fair note for those that say the main films follow the story of the skywalker family. They kinda already do, with Kylo since his mom was Lea…and Luke is still relevant for other characters so its still a Skywalker story, just not direct bloodline if it turned out to be the case.

1 Like

I have a theory, but it relies on one question.

Would Mark Hamill know the story plans right now?

1 Like

He isnt allowed to talk about spoilers.

1 Like

That isn’t answering my question.

Do you think he knows about the plot?

2 Likes

What does that matter, he isnt allowed to talk about spoilers and thats that. That should be more than enough.

What I think, of course he does, he is part of the next movie, but it doesnt matter since is not allowed to talk about it.

1 Like

He most definitely does.

2 Likes

What matters is answering the question that was asked.
He’s not going to ask Mark Hamill a question, presumably, but knowing whether or not he knows is clearly important to his point.

2 Likes

Mark Hamill probably does know. Didn’t they finish filming episode 8 a month or so ago?