Your Favorite Theme from the BIONICLE Film Trilogy?

Ever since Nathan Furst rediscovered his original BIONICLE trilogy soundtracks back in 2017, I’ve been listening to his score non-stop. Being able to hear the now-classic themes of Mata Nui, Makuta, Takua and Jaller, Roodaka, etc. is still like a gift from the stars.

My question to you all is this; what is your favorite theme from the original BIONICLE film trilogy? My personal favorite that Nathan Furst created is Lhikan’s theme, which I still listen to right now.

12 Likes

“our new koli field” because its basically just the basic nostalgia theme in a tiny lil bite size package

3 Likes

My favourite is probably,

Legends Of Metru Nui;
Track 29 -Time

I absolutely love the BIONICLE series music! It’s by far my favourite of all film and TV.

2 Likes

My favourites are “Island of Mata Nui”

And “Web of Shadows”

Probably not the most original answer, but yeah…

5 Likes

I thought you meant like storytelling theme and I got way too hyped.

2 Likes

Mine is the intro theme to Legends of Metru-Nui, simply called “Legend of Metru-Nui/Toa Stones.”

Specifically, I like the leitmotif that starts at 0:32:

I’m a sucker for a good melody on horns, and the way this intro transitions into the Makuta theme and then into the Bionicle theme just gives me chills every time.

It’s actually part of the main Mirimax Bionicle theme, so it shows up in a lot of places.

I also really like the version that plays at the end of Web of Shadows in a track called “Off to Mata Nui.” It starts around 2:22:

And it’s also in the end titles of LoMN. If I had to pick a full track to call my favorite, it’s this one:

And in the “Legend of the Bionicle” theme from Mask of Light at 1:57:

But I do vastly prefer that it was highlighted in Legends of Metru-Nui. I associate that version of the motif with the Toa Metru, and Bionicle 2 is my favorite of the Mirimax movies.

4 Likes

They are all good hard to choose.

2 Likes

How about all of it :smiley:
But I would highlight The Falling Tears from Web of Shadows. Simply beautiful :heart_eyes:

Otherwise I cannot get enough of Lhikan’s motif.

1 Like

The one that goes:
Da, da da da, da da daaaa daaaaaaaaa daaaa daaa daaaa, da da daaaaa, da daaaa daaa daaa…
DA DAH! DA DA DAAAAH! DA DAAAH! DA DAAA, DAAA, DAAAAAH! DA DAAAH! DA DA.

Ok, but seriously, the main theme. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m also a huge fan of the Matoran leitmotif which is all over the place.

If you’re asking for a specific piece rather than a theme, well… I’m afraid I can’t pick. The whole soundtrack is amazing. I can’t fathom why we’re not seeing Nathan Furst’s name in the credits of big-league blockbusters because he clearly has what it takes to write an amazing score.

(Also, side note - I love listening to these against the “music-only films” that you’ve got on your YouTube. You can really see/hear how well the music lines up with the visuals. So thank you for putting those together! :wink: )

3 Likes

ok so the worst part is i read it as the music in my head lmao

2 Likes

I’ve honestly been trying to contact him for films that I’ve been working on; BIONICLE or live-action, etc. I’d pay him whatever I got if I could.

My favorite: Bow Down to Sidorak and Vakama. Most epic villain theme in the entire series.