Your ideal lego theme

I think it would be doable if Lego were to market it correctly.

2 Likes

Imagine a constraction theme that was essentially He-Man and Thundercats combined. Very function-oriented figures and very crazy figures.

Then again, perhaps that is not a good idea :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, the issue is that the community is niche. They would be great for a select audience (I’d probably try it out as well) but in the past any kind of attempt at a Lego “board game” hasn’t gone well.

2 Likes

That’s true. There’s definitely risk to the idea, but again. It can bring in new fans if it’s presented in the right way. If Lego were to try it out right at now, I wouldn’t trust that they’d market it in a way to do this.

2 Likes

You also got to account for the fact MFZ is a compliticated game, and is very long. Plus, some of the mechs aren’t very stable

2 Likes

The main chub design by the creator is pretty stable, and Lego is certainly capable of making their own. The game is definitely more complicated, but I think a free online version would flow very well and act as some good marketing for the sets and the game overall.

I badly want a theme similar to Bionicle with the world and sets being similar to Square Enix stuff like video games like Final Fantasy, or for a lesser known example, the manga Pandora Hearts. If you’re familiarly with SE at all you know exactly what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

As for existing properties, I’d go with Legend of Zelda. One day…

Also, although I know Lego would never pick up a series with this level of violence, just imagine a set with the Colossal Titan standing over the wall.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a Lego line with 0 plot holes.

Yeah sure

2 Likes

You can’t have plot holes if you don’t have a plot

9 Likes

Duplo actually has a rich backstory that no mortal could understand.

What else would I want to see in a Lego theme? Hmm… maybe a post apocalyptic line, depsite knowing it would never happen. Or another theme solely based on Mechs.

3 Likes

I like Lego pirate themes, but they’ve grown stale recently. They should be given the Nexo Knights treatment by adding pirates and another theme together. Like pirates and dinosaurs, pirate rockets, pirates in lego city. Whatever you can do with pirates and make it good.

3 Likes

As someone who basically just cares about colours i think a vehicle or mech based theme with really wild and out there colourschemes would be my dream lego theme. Something like exo force but with even more vibrant mechs or like nexo Knights but each vehicle has a unigue colourscheme.

1 Like

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

1 Like

My issue with this is that I know they’d quickly run dry on designs. Exo Force Mechs were all extremely similar, and a lot of designs have been used already in Nexo Knights and Ninjago.

3 Likes

Pirates and Friends would be a pretty legit theme.

Just imagine a completely pink and purple pirate ship with a little bakery at the front.

7 Likes

Exo Force did have like tanks and stuff too though. I would say increase the amount of other vehicles while still keeping a primarily mech line.

But yeah I can’t see any different designs…

We basically had “good guy utilitarian” mech designs and evil robot mech designs :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d definately like to see more unique designs like this one.

in exo force I think the villain sets were better than the hero ones

5 Likes

I would have to agree. For me, creativity>practicality.

1 Like

Or my ideal theme,

Space Pirates!

I’m genuinely surprised there hasn’t been one yet tbh, though it would have to be semi-serious, maybe marketed towards 12-16 y/o’s.

2 Likes