Your oldest moc or character

Alright, here we go.

Far before I began building any Bionicle mocs or unique creations - when I was four, to be precise - I came up with a complex mechanical machine character with detailed capabilities that have changed over time. He is, without a shadow of a doubt, my very first oc.

-Large, boxy, square body
-Two large mechanical arms with grippers (or chainsaw)
-An inexhaustible supply of missiles hidden in the top of the machine of different shapes, sizes, explosive yield, and color, which ignite after the top panels of the machine flip open
-Either sideways treads or four crab-like mechanical legs (I never could decide; one time he had both!)
-Small mouth with razor-sharp teeth
-Diamond-like angled green glowing eyes stylized to appear compound
-White and blue color scheme for the majority of the build
-Talks in raspy, evil-sounding voice

Decidedly non-humanoid, just in case people got the wrong impression from the above list. I’ve had this drawn (on the wall, like an idiot) and almost built it numerous times, but I’ve never really had the right selection of pieces to properly pull off the mental image of him.

…but in recent years, LEGO has really expanded their system components by a good amount. maybe soon…

5 Likes

The treads for quickly traversing flat terrain, and the crab legs for ascending hills and mountains.

use all properties/features at once. and enter it into the Marendar contest.

Marendar’s humanoid

btw cool mocs, everyone. All of them are pretty good, (especially for being early attempts), and it’s interesting to see the humble beginning of some masters of the craft

2 Likes

Technically the same character but he’s changed genders among many other things since I first joined and posted him as my first Moc. I guess you could say she’s an alternative universe counterpart of the original male version.

4 Likes

Runner still stands as my oldest BIONICLE character/MOC. Created him I believe in late 2005 and I haven’t changed him a single bit.

9 Likes

Thought I’d make a pic t9 show what he currently looks like(fyi he can stand)

His name is kamora ma toa of fire. The end goal is for him to be able to change back and forth between his elemental beast form(the way how I have the way bionicle go is
1 Turaga-legend
Matoran-toa<
1 Elemental lord(should they have a large enough power level of their elemental power)-elemental beast

5 Likes

That looks weird, but very Dark hunter-y.

1 Like

He is in fact a Dark Hunter. My first Dark Hunter and I still have him displayed next to my TSO.

6 Likes

So I found some old Mocs…

7 Likes

Poor Tahu and Lewa

2 Likes

cordax I hope you know knees don’t work like that

5 Likes

ok, so the first one appears to be a weird saw-faced guy with Narmoto’s head on his bicep, the second a weird mish-mash of Kivoda and Gali parts with a golden skull spider head, while the third seems to be some sort of G2 recreation of Prototype but with Lewa and Tahu. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

My first thought was “they can’t be that old, they use g2 parts.”
My second thought was the shocking realization that 2015 was eight years ago.

6 Likes

ancient cordax

i feel incredibly old now

3 Likes

me too

1 Like

I just realized old Cordax had a groin gun

4 Likes

My oldest character is my current self-moc, Artillery.

He’s going on 11 years now

Bada bing Bada boom I resurrect this topic from its doom.

5 Likes

Yo, uh that looks really really good baring the colours, did you ever finish it?

SCP CONTAINMENT BREACH, ALL PERSONNEL-

Bad bing bada boom you alert me to a topic I should add to~

Here’s the oldest photo I have…highly cropped, a shame as it has my beloved Mars Mission poster in the background.

From my understanding two of the vehicles are Thunderbirds, the mainly red one is Thunderbird 2 and the one with the green cab roof is number 3…yah just gotta squint your eyes a lot :stuck_out_tongue: The Quad Bike is pretty self explainatory and same with the MT-21 cameo appearance. However that white blob with the ladder and stretcher as wings…I do not know, I even remember being confused at the time, it was some sort of rescue drone, perhaps an attempt at a International rescue vehicle of my own.

7 Likes

No. Still working on the head and mask(both are gonna be 3d printed), and finding a wing design that doesn’t collapse under its weight

1 Like