Zaria, the Slayer (Ex-Toa of Iron)

Zaria, the Slayer
(Ex-Toa of Iron)

Zaria, the Slayer.

One-time Toa of Iron.

A defender of countless beings over the millennia.

Now, a vagabond with no home of his own.

Last remaining Fe-Toa.

Always ready for a fight.

Forever haunted by the past.

The memory of that fateful day…

…when Toa died, and a Slayer was born.

––––––

Bio: Zaria’s tenure as a Toa was long and eventful. He and his team ventured the eastern realms, as well as the Northern Continent, undertaking various missions for the Matoran and other peoples there. They were among the best teams in operation at the time. But all that may as well be another life entirely, for Zaria was irrevocably changed the day a Makuta assaulted his team. Striking from nowhere, the Makuta managed to tear through most of the Toa while gunning for Zaria. Left with no other choice, the Toa of Iron was forced to use his elemental powers to rip the Makuta’s armor to shreds. Though this saved his life—and the life of his last remaining comrade—this event left Zaria forever haunted. Eschewing the title of Toa, he now travels the world alone, always looking for wars to lend his aid, but maintaining his distance from civilization.
Where will the whims of Destiny take Zaria, last living Toa of Iron? Only Time will tell…

Personality: Zaria’s old personality was fairly cheerful and personable, not overly humorous but certainly not grumpy either. Now, he is largely just grim, with an antisocial streak. Haunted by the guilt of taking another life, his only solace is found in finding new missions to undertake, new tasks to complete.

Tools/Abilities: Zaria bears the Mask of Adaption, allowing him to adapt to any surrounding environment (within reason) near-instantly. He bears a large staff, with which he can channel his powers or use as a melee weapon. Zaria also carries a shield, a twisted memento taken from the body of the Makuta he slew and a constant reminder of his breaking the Toa Code. As a Toa of Iron, Zaria controls Elemental Iron, with the ability to create and control metallic protodermis to his will.

—————
I actively drew upon various other Zaria builds to inspire my version of the last Fe-Toa. This is likely one of my most intricate builds to date— I’m quite proud of it!

13 Likes

Aw yeah this looks pretty cool! I really like the armor shaping and color blocking, very nicely done! The pipe pieces used in the chestplate are particularly neat.

4 Likes

Yeah, the chest design stuck out to me as well. It’s really consistent with the blocky design of the rest of the build, and just a neat pattern in general.

The staff design is cool as well; I don’t see too many “out there” Toa Tools.

4 Likes