Zaria, Toa of Iron

Right. use of system parts inspired me a lot.
As a result, bonkle, CCBS, and system bricks could all be used.

He made a gun to give him the image of a bad-■■■, but there was also this reason.

And I wanted to make a new one because there were not many toa tools for long-distance combat.
At best, only Kongu or Inika nuparu’s are in the shape of a gun.
Things like Cordak Blaster and Midak Sky Blaster. etc…looked like mass-produced products rather than dedicated weapons.

If i give him a thumb, it’s hard for him to hold the gun.lol

He will lose his memory for the fourth time.

Actually, I didn’t think that far.lol
But it’s a good interpretation.

I thought of his gun as a sawed-off shotgun and made it, but I think it could also be called a…hand gun lol

6 Likes

Well given the fact the average Toa can lift about a ton with no issue, he could use it like a pistol without any issue.

3 Likes

Wow, you got my vote

2 Likes

Well thats amazing

2 Likes

Then use the connector that attaches the gun to the hand as the thumb.

Like so.

Of course I would also swap out the exo force robot arms for black ones so the finger colors match, which might be an issue since they would blend in with the gun. But at least that way he’d have a thumb.

6 Likes

Great job! I especially like the design of the blaster :ok_hand: I always said Zaria shoud have a long range weapon of sort (like a blaster or launcher) instead of a melee weapon because as a Toa of Iron, he can create any weapon he wants mid-battle.

2 Likes

The moc might be fiddling with this rule, but because the gun isn’t based on an actual real world weapon (at least to my knowledge) I think it’ll be fine.

7 Likes

I didn’t think of that rules… :eyes:

1 Like

Heckin awesome build, love your interpretations for the canon characters.

I think the weapons are recognizably not based on modern ones.

5 Likes

If you need to change the weapons you could just make them look less like modern firearms.

1 Like

That’s a weapon that imitates the Star Wars large figure’s blasters, so I think I’m standing on the border.

2 Likes

I agree to this!
This is Iron blaster, just a Elemental launcher just like Jovan’s Magnetic bolt launcher! :wink:

5 Likes

That rule cites fully automatic firearms, and since it appears to be at best a sawed-off shotgun, which can only be considered semi-auto if it has slam fire, you should be good.

1 Like

If worse comes to worse you could attach it to a stick and claim it to be a war club/axe which just happens to shoot things.

3 Likes

I actually like the two-fingered look. It’s reminiscent of the Toa Mata hand piece.

I don’t think this will be an issue; that rule is made more to prevent replicas of real-life weapons, not just the concept of “gun”. There have been plenty of blasters throughout Bionicle, at least one of which looks more like a “contemporary” weapon than this one.

Besides, I think it would be kind of ridiculous to ban a weapon that uses an official Lego blaster piece as-intended (more or less).

6 Likes

The body looks like that of Toa Krakua, specially the upper arms and chest armor. I guess in your headcanon both could’ve been matoran from the Tren Krom peninsula. If that’s what you were trying to show, remember that Toa Nidhiki was from the TKP too, and at this point the theory that Krakua’s Toa body was inspired by him is very strong. Though I wouldn’t mind having three Krakua-build Toa in the lore, nowhere is stated that Zaria was from the TKP or the northern continent. If the winning Nidhiki already has that built that may cost you some votes in the contest. I recommend you recolor this MOC for a Nidhiki entry and use another built for Zaria, but keeping the shotgun, of course, it is really in character.

2 Likes

ahhh… I didn’t think of it at all.
I know that chest armor looks similar because I used a roborider head,
but I don’t understand that his arm looks like Krakua…

I already have my nidhiki.

so I think it’ll be too hard to consider that. =w=a;;

4 Likes

This is probably one of my favourite Zaria’s I’ve seen, great work!

Quick question: any plans to add a staff given Greg’s answers on the weapons of TYQ Toa?

3 Likes

Hmm i believe that Zaria could look even better if pin holes on his forearms were filled with something, they stand out compared to the rest of the moc body.

3 Likes

I love all of this except the Iron Blasters. Don’t get me wrong the gun builds are great but traditional firearms never really work with Bionicle. As of now they look like Reapers shotguns from overwatch. Other than that I love the torso design and the mask you chose. The color scheme is solid and everything flows very nicely.

1 Like