Zelda: Breath of the Wild

So since E3 is mostly over (at least for Nintendo) I thought I’d go ahead and make a topic for this game.

11 Likes

all of the yes, I was thinking of making a hype topic as well

but then a Kapura happened

in any case, I’ve seen nothing but the trailer (go gameplay, no theories) to avoid spoilers.

I have seen some more stuff. This game will be larger than Mata Nui.

I think it’ll take place within the Fallen Hero timeline after Zelda II, but that’s just me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was going to make this, but It’s already being talked about on the Legend of Zelda topic…
Never really got into the hole timelines thing for zelda, but the games are great.

Its Child Timeline way after Twilight Princess.

I have no idea where this falls in the timeline 'cause my only exposure to Zelda comes in the form of Super Smash Bros :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Honestly, this looks like it could be very fun.

I just don’t know what the plot will be, that’s all.

(If there even IS a plot.)

1 Like

Plot is to learn what happened to the world when Link was in stasis.

1 Like

I’m guessing everyone died?

Not everyone…The old man reminds me of a certain Gerudo.

Yes everyone is actually dead for real.
My dad works at Nintendo.

2 Likes

At least now Link can jump.

Now all he needs to do is practice it for some awesome basketball.

1 Like

Hmm

I must admit this seems very interesting.

I may get into the series and end with this irrational hate.

1 Like

Just spam jump what you’re next to a wall.
Never fails.
Ever.

4 Likes

The question is, how will future games top this wide range of new features?

Will they just add to what was placed here, or will they just make this a one off thing?

1 Like

Eh, never been a very big zelda fan honestly. Mostly just coz I don’t know how to get into it.
But this is looking pretty cool, might have to try it out

Crackpot theory time!
Botw takes place before the timeline split.
You may say “but ganon!” Ah, but you see, this is not ganon as we’ve seen him before, this is the calamity ganon, it later is reborn in ganondorf, who then becomes the physical manifestation of the calamity when he gains the ToP, this is the original hyrule, the one vaati terrorized in minish cap, it is completely destroyed by calamity ganon and the country is rebuilt by the time oot happens, this not only explains the temple of time is still standing, it’s not the same temple, but also why the master sword isn’t in it, as well, hyrule is a lot smaller in any other zelda oot onwards.

Or, y’know, it takes place before tp.

1 Like

Guys, the Child Timeline portion of this is really interesting. I’m personally of the opinion that BotW takes place in the decline timeline, but the points raised in this video are really good, and it seems exceedingly possible that this could be the prequel to Twilight Princess. The story of how the Hero of Time got in good with the Royal family. How he ended up as a soldier later on, how he hooked up with someone and had a child, and how he inevitably died somewhere that prevented him from passing his skills and knowledge onto his son.

The voices in the video are a bit cringey, caution advised