Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Oh I would absolutely love that. I doubt that would be the case though. Too much data to rewrite for a $20 DLC.

3 Likes

Not at all, there doesn’t need to be much change, redo the castle and change some dialogue, otherwise it would be new content.
Granted I’d put my money on an automatron dlc over a broken steel, but it’s not impossible.

1 Like

for like 75% of all NPCs? a ton of them mention how life sucks because of the evil.

1 Like

I was unaware that 75% of the npcs mention ganon in passing.
Still haven’t even gotten a copy of the game, so I’m kinda speculating here based on previous Zelda titles and Bethesda rpgs.

75% might be an exaggeration, but a fair bit of them mention Ganon, and the monsters he’s unleashed on the world. It’s enough people that it would likely be a hassle to recode.

1 Like

At the very least we can have the comfort in knowing that it won’t happen because the Zelda team would put that extra effort into making the world fully respond in a quality way, rather than what you see from Bethesda games after you beat the main quest.

I think the way Zelda games end is fine. It brings proper closure to the story, though I’d love a slideshow end scene like in the first two Fallouts and New Vegas. Detailing all lf your choices and actions, talking about the future that was made based on what you did and didn’t do.

1 Like

Welp, one month after getting it, I can safely say that I’m pretty much done with BotW. I found all 120 shrines, got all the armor, and beat Ganon twice. Apart from finding 850 Korok Seeds, finishing some armor upgrades, and completing around 20 side quests, there really isn’t much else for me to do.

Overall, I had a fantastic time with BotW. Were the shrines/dungeons repetitive at times? Yes. Was the voice acting cringey in certain spots? Certainly. Was the final boss a letdown? Absolutely.

None of that changes my opinion that BotW is amazing. The game mechanics are solid and fun to play with, the art style is beautiful, the atmosphere is perfect, and the character development is phenomenal. I’ve been playing this game almost daily since I got it a month ago, and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.

So if for some odd reason you’re still on the fence about this game, just get it. It’s a fantastic game, and I’m glad I got it on Day 1 instead of waiting until December.

4 Likes

And here I am, still doing side quests and shield surfing…

I also know for sure that this isn’t my last playthrough. I think a lot of people are overlooking the sheer replayability of this title. There are so many ways to change up variables. I’m already planning a Ganon-only run where my whole goal will be to skip the divine beasts and go straight to Ganon, even then I’ve also thought about doing a spear-only run as well.

My opinion on the boss fight differs a bit. Dark Beast Ganon was a let down, but he has been in every title after A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time in my opinion. The real fight came from Calamity Ganon, which wasn’t a joke at all. It’s also a fight that you can customise towards what you’re looking for. It’s extremely daunting when you go straight there, because first you have to dispatch every single Blight Ganon AND THEN take on Calamity Ganon at full health.

I also like the thought process behind beam parrying, because it’s honestly the last logical conclusion someone would try to make. Here you have this extremely fast four legged mechanical atrocity sprinting at you with music that inspires terror, and it’s shooting lasers that almost have dead-on accuracy. The last thought anyone is going to have from a logical perspective is to stand right there, take out their freaking shield, and try to hit a freaking laser beam with it. It’s almost crazy. If you’re naturally playing the gme without anyone to tell you about beam parrying, you’re unlikely to find out for most of the game.

2 Likes

So we just got news for DLC Pack 1:

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

this is all you need to know

8 Likes

i won’t be supriced if people get mad at the “Trial of the sword”.

People will most likely say that they put the master sword behind a paywall.

well uh
considering that you can get the master sword in the main game, and have been able to since the game came out
i’d say that those people would be entirely misguided

2 Likes

Never mind, i was mistaken, it only refers to its powerd up state when its used against guardians and bosses.

Well, nice to see the DLC is finally ou-

sees Tingle costume

Welp time for me to go play some ET Atari I guess

1 Like

Hard mode seems to just be a sponge factory. Can’t say I’m too impressed by that.

1 Like

It’s beautiful.

2 Likes

Move over Gerardo link…

1 Like

I’ll admit I wasn’t expecting what they’re doing, but the stronger enemies and their regenerating health means the combat will be considerably different, since it will effectively make the game LoZ:the phantom pain.

3 Likes

i suddenly though about something with the other DLC with the new story mode… what if that story mode takes place durring the memories. That its basicly have us play as Link durring the events that took place before Calamity Ganon returned to Hyrule.

1 Like

That is certainly a possibility. It would probably be easier than adding a dungeon to the existing map. I suspect it would follow Link’s original journey to get the Master Sword.

2 Likes

There is an entire game about that:

Skyward sword.

1 Like