Zirconium, Cosmic Deity

Irrelevant because of future science

dear god

1 Like

Everyone saying that I’m “manufacturing a war” is just wrong. The Bats broke the second treaty, and the MMCC is just responding to this. Had The Bats not come out of hiding, there would be peace, and this topic would not exist.

2 Likes

Where exactly were the treaties recorded? I’d like to review the documents, I’ve never seen them

5 Likes

Me too. This is very annoying, to the point that I have to explicitly say that my characters are not involved in the war to keep from being harassed online by [ Insert annoying person(s) here].

3 Likes

Hey, just so y’all know anything negative that I or anyone else involved in the conflict say is not a personal attack. I know that it is easy to see it like that, and I know we can get vitriolic and a bit abrasive at times, but no one means any harm.

Back in context, the main term of the treaty was no more violent Bats or Bugs, as shown by these quotes.

In response to:

The treaty remained unbroken until this bat was posted. As you can see, The Bats were the first to strike, staring the war and it was us, the MMCC, who are purely retaliating to their behavior.

4 Likes

see Cordax this is where your argument starts to fall apart

bolognese does indeed have a spear, but is completely unrelated to the war and is simply just another bat

there is literally no evidence of bolognese being a moc tied to the conflict in any way, aside from the extremely loose connection that she has a ‘weapon’, which is a spear primarily intended for fishing

4 Likes

Yes, that quote has some issues, but the other two, including what you said, don’t. Having a spear is certainly not peaceful, and it is a weapon. Furthermore, you said that there is no evidence that the spear isn’t just a fishing spear. Well, there also isn’t any evidence otherwise. Also, in this world, animals are sentient, cognitive beings. Killing fish would be akin to killing a person in our world.

One last thing- I know of a bat moc (which I will not post here as to not reveal someone else’s moc, and to not publicly call them out) which has a giant cannon strapped to it’s arm. That sure sounds violent, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

This is why I wanted all of this banned entirely

2 Likes

I think you’re missing the point

The bats have had weapons since before the trend even started, with Crumpets and Syrup having their wrist machine guns. Weapons, quite often over-the-top ones, are an extremely common part of Bionicle moccing and it’s certainly much rarer to find an unarmed moc than one with weapons.

The problem here is that since weapons are so common within moccing it’d be hard not to find a bat with weaponry, even before the war began. Their choice of tools or weapons adds character to mocs and is often one of the main things that makes them unique from others.

I always interpreted the final conclusion of the treaty as simply being no more war-related mocs with weapons specifically intended for destroying the opposition.

Clearly whatever was the actual conclusion is somewhat vague, so I’d be open to signing a final treaty with complete and utter clarity as to its outcome so no more misunderstandings can come about in the future, if you’d be willing.

5 Likes

The only way to truly achieve peace is to completely outlaw bats and bugs, and that is my goal. I know that this goal is nearly impossible, so I am open to some sort of treaty .

2 Likes

I’m with Cordax on this one. We’ve tried two treaties at this point, and both have failed, so I can’t see anything but extreme measures working at this point.

1 Like

cue another war.

oh no wait a minute

I see what this is

You’re just doing a slightly edited version of your ‘bat civil war’ idea aren’t you

I knew there was something suspicious about you sharing it with only me

I told you at the time and you didn’t listen

Let me re-emphasise:

I do not, under any circumstances want any war to ever take place again, and I will stay in that mindset. The war was stupid, tiring, aggravating and ultimately made the boards worse.

I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish by insisting on conflict, but if the war restarts I will have no part in it.

5 Likes

If it’s true that you’re sick of war, than give up the bats, and in turn the bugs will recede. That would bring peace, and you could prevent Cordax from getting his war, right?

2 Likes

I’m not doing this for the sake of starting a war, I’m doing it to prevent any future wars from taking place. If we can come to an agreement that prevents any. I know that it seems like I’m the bad guy here, and my methods are questionable, but I just want a future free of conflict, even if that means starting one myself.

2 Likes

I’m not doing all this again. I got sick of it the first time and I’m sick of it now.

I’ll just paste in my words to the Bat Brigade:

I’m starting to wish I’d never posted those bats in the first place, but it’s too late for regrets now. I’m completely done with both sides of this conflict. You’re entirely free to sort this out amongst yourselves, but I want no involvement whatsoever. Any further bat mocs will be on my Flickr page if you really want to see them.

4 Likes

Bolognese wasn’t meant to be a bat from our current time, she has already been dead for thousands of years, and that spear was indeed for fishing, in a time before their sentience was discovered.

Furthermore continuing the war is a bad idea, as it can get a little too heated, and we don’t need that.

The recently posted bats were meant to be just some lighthearted fun, nothing more.
Before someone decided that they were fed up with the bats and started building the bugs attacking the bats, none were ever meant for conflict.
They are supposed to be simple people, in bat form.
Not meant for war.
But then the entire conflict happened and, well we know what happened.

3 Likes

Forgive me if I’ve lost trust in the bat brigade

No, I can see where they’re coming from. The constant arguing is awful, and if it was directed at me, I would do the same. I know this seems hypocritical, but instead of trying to snuff each other out, we should try to coexist. It may not be perfect, but it’s the closest thing to perfect that we can achieve without more fighting. Perhaps we could act like the rats and try being “Mad Chill”?

2 Likes