ZK-UNIT: AQUAMARINE

51523201867_6001e3bd27.jpg

Severed are the seas.
Stridently the Sirens sing,
Shattering the earth.

Instagram
Twitter
Gallery

Some of the design is inspired by the Zaku mobile suits from Gundam.

43 Likes

cool!
this is a pretty nice lookin’ robop
i like the colours, and the harpoon!

1 Like

Very nice, that’s some genius shaping and parts usage.

2 Likes

really cool. love the head shaping. how is the articulation?

2 Likes

Impressive! That shield (at least, I think it’s a shield…) has a really interesting texture.

2 Likes

@Enbeanie @Rukah Thank you both!

@GX_05 Thanks! It has a full range on all the joints, the shoulder armor is on a swivel so they move up if the arms are moved higher. Everything moves well, it’s just super heavy so hard to make more fun poses without a stand.

@TheCobaltCorsair Yup, it’s a shield! It’s designed like the ones from the Zaku in Gundam. The insta post / the gallery has other angles.

2 Likes

Lovely smooth edges, nicely blended colours. Perfect integration of the weapons. This is a really nice moc, everything just works, you can hardly even tell that it’s made out of lego it looks like its an actual figure that you could just pull out of a box and play with.
I can also very much see that Zeon MS influence especially in the head, I actually could see this as a prototype Zaku. The question is, would painting it red make perform 3 times better?

1 Like

Love the shapes!

1 Like

@Alucia Thank you, glad you like it! Yeah, rather than attempting a 1-for-1 Zaku I preferred going my own route and having references, so interpreting it as a prototype is probably the best.

I believe nearly all the blue and keetorange parts can be swapped with red, so definitely can’t rule out 3x performance!

@Eilrach Thanks!

1 Like