2059: The Invasion

Beetle continued tearing at the armour (her attacks becoming noticeably more savage and frenzied).

Many things” the voice replied “Though in this particular instance you may consider me a guide or mentor” two hands emerge from the shadows, held between the hands is a deck of cards spread and facing the ground “Pick a card” the voice asked.

As soon as he stepped out it vanished

#“you desired survival”

“But what’s going to happen to me now?” Charbydis asked.

@Bramsley
Soon, the exoskeleton of the mech was exposed by Beetle’s attacks. Richard hammered his robotic fist repeatedly on her head in an attempt to free himself.

#“but surviving is not the same as living”

Beetle’s head twisted sickeningly backward, dark black liquid starting to emerge from the throat area, and fell on her back, the grip seemingly lost.

“What?” he said, confused.

@Bramsley
Richard, now free from Beetle’s grip, shot a repulsar beam at the creature, before fighting off a few of the otherBerserker clones.

“Hello?” Justin called out, searching for the mysterious voice.

With that Chyribdis’ soul was plucked from his body. Unfortunately he did not pass on to the next life and remained “surviving” as a ghost of sorts. Completely unable to interact with the world around him.

Beetle attempts to block the beam with her hand, though due to the dissipating armour is unable to protect her, and her hand was blown off.

Over here” the voice chides, now emanating from the (seemingly) disembodied hands as they fan the cards.

What…what the hell did you do to me?! Charbydis said in his astral form.

@Bramsley
Justin turned to see the man with the deck of cards. “What…are those?” he asked, drawn to the cards.

“Stand down!” Richard warned, aiming his charged guantlet at Beetle.

#“quite clearly I killed you, now I have a prison to monitor.”
And with that the voice disappeared

“Like myself…many things, a portent of things to come, a reflection of your true self, or silly little pieces of paper and ink” the voice replies. “Now… Choose” the voice asks, in a noticeably harder tone than before.

Beetle’s form spasms violently before slowly standing upward and approaching at an even slower pace, as if Richard were some kind of animal and she were taking great pains to not spook him.

@Bramsley
Justin studied the deck suspiciously, before reaching out and pulling a card from the deck. “What card is this?” he asked the man.

@L.O.S.S-KAL
Charbydis looked around, unsure of what to do next.

Upon closer inspection Justin would discover the card in his hand was that of the Emperor “It would appear that you are destined for something great…” one of the hands quickly snatches the card backward and holds it upside down “… Or lose more than you can possibly comprehend” despite the silken quality of the voice it drips with menace. “It is up to you” the voice states before the hands slowly recede into the shadows, leaving Justin to his own devices.

He was able to watch events unfurl however that would be the extent of his power

The berserkers died from the attacks @Mctoran @meepinater
Then project ultimate attacked again

Justin, now alone, glanced down at his golden Ankh necklace, studying it for a moment. He then looked over to see the Berserker army fighting, and ran over to help his friends fight.

Kyro stopped him
“I’ve seen that Ankh once and once before!” He growls, he grabs Justin’s arm
@Mctoran
“HOW PITIFUL!” A man yells, it’s old Jake Syd!
“Grandfather!” Marine-X spits “If you have any right being called that!”
Old Jake grabs Marine-X
“Your friends are pitiful, your allies are pitiful and you are pitiful!” He growls “How’s that boy you liked? I heard from your father that you were with someone of your level!”
“Leave me alone!” Marine-X growls
“Or what?” Jake asks “You’ll call your friends? You’ll call Millie? Andrea? Rebecca? That spider guy? You have nothing!” He crushes her to the ground, she bleeds heavily
“Exorcist, Connor, Millie…” she cries softly, doubting anyone will hear her
“You have nothing!” Jake yells “Goodbye Izzy!”
@L.O.S.S-KAL
@meepinater
@Mctoran
@basicallyanyonewhoisabletohelp

Project: Novus catches a glimpse of the clones attacking her from behind, moving to the side to let them jump past her flying form, firing as they pass by.

“Ahem” came a soft voice “what are you doing with my friend?”

“I am Jacob Syd!” Old Jake spits “I’m unfortunately related to this piece of dirt!, I am also about to kill her…”
@L.O.S.S-KAL