2059: The Invasion

Jack Reacher listened.

“-But, if you were to join me, you would finally be in control of your own destiny. You could carve out your own fate, and rule together with me and the rest of the worthy over the newly remade Earth.”

@Traykar
“I only know that they called themselves ‘the Salesman’.” Christine replied.

Carlie rolls her eyes at Justin’s comment. “So what do you think it is?”

“I believe that Novus’ theory, although meant in sarcasm, may actually be the most likely answer.”

“And is this supposed to make me trust you?” Jack asked.

“It is.” Plague Knight nonchalantly replied." “Either you join me, or you don’t. But if you choose to be on your own, then you may never be able to even come close to the level of success you almost had with your last plan…”

Jack gave it a thought. “What do you want me to do?”

“Before we talk about plans, you must first suit up. You are in no condition to fight the way you are now.” Plague Knight said as he lead White Hood down the burning hallway.

“My suit is anything but a pile of scraps now.” he said. “I’ll need a new one.” he follows him. @Mctoran

“Is Novus the chick in the gaudy armor? You actually believe it’s a clone when that technology is still decades off?”

@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika “Hey! I asked you to explain!” Caesar again readies an energy blast aimed at Kyro’s head.

“Well, what explanation do you have in mind? I highly doubt that he is Mark’s long lost twin.”

@MichaelTheLightBringer
“Exactly.” Plague Knight snickered as he approached a laboratory door. He pressed his hand to it, automatically unlocking the door. The case opened up, revealing a gleaming white suit. “It seems that Christine had been preparing this for you , once you were ready. It’s called ‘The White Hood suit’.” Plague Knight explained as he let Jack get a better look at the display.

@Traykar
Christine searched her pockets, pulling out various items. “Let’s see: A half-empty pack of gum, some AA batteries, paper clips…” She then pulled out her phone, attempting to pick up a signal. “D@mmit! Nothing…What do you have?” She asked Doug.

“Pretty simple. He’s crazy or something.”

He’d see that in the middle there was the arc reactor, he pressed on it and the suit shrinked inside it and Jack grabbed the rectangle arc reactor.

“At least she kept the it the way I designed it.” he said, placing the arc reactor on his chest. (@Mctoran)

@MichaelTheLightBringer
“Now, ‘White Hood’, we have much work to do.” Plague Knight said as headed into the CIA vaults. He gathered any tech and files that he thought would be useful, and headed out. " I must now gather the others… Head back to my chapel and we shall meet again there." Plague Knight said, sending White Hood the location.

@Traykar
“Fear not. I’ve undergone survival training in the CIA.” Christine assured.

@Omega_Tahu
“Maybe he is…” Justin said, although he still wasn’t satisfied with an explanation as simple as that.

“First, we need to make fire to keep us warm and cook our food.”

“I’d even say that is the case. Cloning doesn’t even make sense nor is it even remotely possible.”

“Yes…there is much to do.” he agrees, he activates his suit by tapping his arc reactor and the nanotech began wrapping around him as he followed, as the suit finished covering him he looked at the gauntlet. “Don’t be late,” he said as head out of the CIA.

1 Like

“At least, he isn’t an exact clone, as the original Mark doesn’t have reptilian DNA. Maybe genetic tampering and brainwashing would be a possibility…”

Plague Knight nodded, and began to stealthily travel through the city.

“And still makes just about as much sense as pigs flying.”