#6: Baharu, Toa of Gravity (Biowave Project)

#The Biowave Project: The Toa Takha Rebuilt

Revived and upgraded, the Toa Takha have been tasked with retrieving the legendary Mask of Life, which once again poses an imminent threat to the Matoran. But a new Toa team shares the same mission, and neither one is willing to hand it over - not without a fight.

#Part 6: Baharu, Toa of Gravity

Baharu is the silent and impenetrable defender of his team, using his mask of shielding and powers over gravity to deflect all forms of damage away from them. Were it not for his support, the Toa Takha would last far less time in battle, nor would their enemies fall so quickly.

See Baharu’s original build here.

##Overview

The Toa Takha return in the latest installment in the Biowave Project’s series of sets. With more polished builds and distinct themes, these new Toa aim to improve upon the project’s original Toa building system.

Name: Baharu
Element: Gravity
Theme: The Guardian
Weapons: Prototype Gravity Hammer
Main Adversary: Kaj
Approximate Parts Count: 320
Functions: Swinging arms
Inspiration: Onua Uniter (hammer)
Acknowledgements: Promotional poster by @Xeros610

###Kaj vs. Baharu: Who Wins?

• Baharu
  • Kaj
0 voters

##Build

Baharu is known as an impenetrable guardian, being both physically well-armoured and wearing the Mask of Shielding. With his role as the protector of his team, he takes on the theme of the Guardian.

Weapon Stored:

Check out the video below to see the set being built:

Thumbnail by @Xeros610, music by @Cazapar

##Functions

Baharu features one function: parallel-swinging arms, which allow Baharu to swing his hammer.

Check out the video below to see these functions in action:

Thumbnail by @Xeros610, music by @Cazapar

#toa Archive

Follow the links to view the other Toa:

06/26 - Avani, Toa of Light
06/30 - Voli, Toa of Lightning
07/03 - Fenra, Toa of Iron
07/07 - Botu, Toa of Jungle
07/10 - Cerana, Toa of Psionics
07/14 - Baharu, Toa of Gravity

##Next Time: The Chronicler’s Company

##More Sets

Follow the links to view the Biowave Project’s earlier sets:

##The Biowave Project - a Bionicle Community Initiative

The Biowave Project is a community initiative bringing talented members of the Bionicle community together to develop sets, art and narrative content for an expanded Generation 1 storyline.

##Announcing the Biowave Monthly MOC Programme

For this coming holiday period, the Biowave Project will be showcasing new sets at least once a month.

##Reclamation - a Bionicle Webcomic Series

The Biowave Project’s very own webcomic series, featuring characters from the project’s many sets, will be arriving to the Boards this summer.
We now have a Reclamation series topic where we will leave updates on our progress. Keep an eye out for more updates coming soon.

###Rate This MOC

0 voters

###Favourite Toa of the Series?

• Avani, Toa of Light
  • Voli, Toa of Lightning
  • Fenra, Toa of Iron
  • Botu, Toa of Jungle
  • Cerana, Toa of Psionics
  • Baharu, Toa of Gravity
0 voters

###The Toa Valda vs. the Toa Takha: Who Wins?

• The Toa Takha
  • The Toa Valda
0 voters
28 Likes

He looks good, however the legs seem a little lacking compared to the rest of the build and I would add more purple

1 Like

this.

he looks too… grey, compared to the original.

That’s some neat painting there.

i agree that there should be more purple

1 Like

One of my favorites so far. I love the armored feel.

I personally believe that more purple would only work if some parts were coloured two different colours. Because let’s be honest - painting any single prominent armor part completely purple would add way too much purple.

That said, I still have to say that the grey is a little too much. Rather than adding more purple I’d personally add a little more black, though. Maybe in the shoulder area and perhaps those Bohrok eyes on the lower torso.

Also I’d store the hammer with the head down on the back - like this it just looks weird :stuck_out_tongue:

The hammer and the use of Garai’s on the upper arms are probably my favorite part of the MOC. Function also works nicely again.

Avani and Botu are still my favorites of those six, though.

The whole thing is so good!

I would agree with the more purple suggestion. His neck also looks a little too long, but those Garai shoulder pads One of my favorite masks. Good Job, keep up the good work!

Add more purple and shorten the neck. Otherwise he is absolutely perfect! :+1:

It kind of hurts to say he’ll win against Kaj. That purple Huna is just beautiful.

I see what you did there. He’s a toa of gravity, his pauldrons are garais… real subtle.

2 Likes