AKA Jonathan Juan (Ask Kahi Anything)

Will TTV be doing anything similar to Game Dev Tycoon again in the future? That was really enjoyable to watch.

1 Like

Is Don’t Fight ever going to come back?

1 Like

Would you guys ever consider doing commentary tracks for movies? I think it would be comedy gold for 3 cast members to sync the movie up and goof around. Look up Pretty Much It commentary tracks for a great example. It came to my head after Jon suggested watching Planes on the art livestream.

Any advice about creating sprites in gimp for ye olde sprite comics?

Thoughts on the Peretti books?

What’s your favorite underground/alternative comic?

We’re talking about it. LEGO Worlds might come back soon. We might do another sim game.

I want it to, but Eljay doesn’t want to do a new game. I’ve think we’ve milked Maze of Shadows. It might come back with me and someone else.

We did do that originally for some of the old Bionicle movies, but they’re years old and only have Eljay, Meso and Var. I don’t know if you can find them anymore. I’m not super keen on it because you do get that copyrighted content thing going…but maybe as like a stretch goal or something?

Never used GIMP. You can do things in GIMP, and there are legends in the comic community that used GIMP. But I’ve always been a Photoshop guy.

They’re alright. I prefer the Screwtape Letters as a demons and angels book.

It used to be Saga, but that’s kind of burned out. I’d say…Wicked and the Devine? Or Invincible. Invincible is stellar.

3 Likes

Haven’t heard of that. What’s it about?

If you don’t like the supernatural stuff of his then monster might be for you.

But Jon, that costs money I don’t have :stuck_out_tongue:

The Screwtape Letters is a short book written by C.S. Lewis to show his personal spin on the way demons affect the everyday person.

(This is a very enjoyable book and I would recommend it to everyone).

1 Like

I personally feel like a lot of the enjoyment was in the dynamic between you and Eljay, but it’d certainly be interesting to see how it would go with someone else.

2 Likes

Have you seen Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, and if so what are your thoughts on them?

1 Like

Do you have plans to try to stop being the most universally disliked cast member? Or have you accepted it by now?

We’re always retooling how the project will go forward. I do like the really laid back, casual atmosphere of Don’t Fight. I really wish we were able to talk to Eljay’s mom.

I’ve only watched the first couple episodes of Clone Wars and nothing from Rebels. One of my quadmates swears by Clone Wars, though, so I will have to check it out.

Fix people being idiots? If it was possible, it would have been done already :stuck_out_tongue:

My name is Jonathan Juan and I approve this message.

15 Likes

I don’t get it either. I like him because he seems more logical and relaxed than the rest.

5 Likes

To be honest I don’t really dislike many, if any, of the cast members.
But as for the question, what are your thoughts on Rogue One, more specifically the sets released for it.

2 Likes

You know what? None of them interest me. Maybe that might change after the movie? But I seriously doubt it.

As the resident comics expert, what are your thoughts on the Logan and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 trailers?

Guardians 2 was a teaser, so I’m glad they used Hooked on a Feeling again. The actual trailer should have another 80s classic tied to it, but they want to show again that the tone of the movies hasn’t changed, which is good. I’m way more excited for that Boy Band poster, because that captures them so perfectly. I kind of want that for my wall.

Logan is so, so close to being perfect as a trailer. I love that it’s more personal, more raw. It’s about Logan, Charles and X-23. Now, here’s the deal with Old Man Logan - the whole story, he’s like “I don’t pop the claws anymore”. And he travels from one edge of America to another, going “I don’t pop the claws anymore”, and the whole time you’re like, man, he’s gotta pop the claws. And people like are jerks to him and they’re taunting him and they beat him up and they spit on him and you’re like, just wait until he pops those claws, man. You’re in for it. And then, of course, he does. And it’s glorious.

The trailer, in my mind, should have been exactly how it was, except Logan is always running. He’s running from the bad guys, he’s driving away from the bad guys, he’s carrying X-23 away from the bad guys. “I don’t do that anymore, Charles,” he says. You see action scenes, but there’s no clear shot of him, there’s no clear shot of the claws.

And finally, on the last note, a close shot of his hand. You haven’t seen the claws all trailer, but they’re worn down, just like he is, just a little rusted and stained with blood. And when Johnny Cash finishes “I will let you down…I will let you hurt.”

Snikt

6 Likes

Personally I’m getting a ton of “The Last of Us” vibes from the trailer for Logan. If it’s any indication of the movie it’s probably going to be at least decent, though I hope it can be as good as the trailer lets on.