AKA Jonathan Juan (Ask Kahi Anything)

Ugh, Toby Mac…

1 Like

It has been a bit of a while incoming. Game Nights have been kind of hard pressed lately. We did a Cards Against Humanity one, but we deemed that way too inappropriate to ever upload. I think Takuma’s RPG might be the natural evolution of that.

Can’t say off the top of my head, sorry.

I’m very fond of most Italian food. And of course, most Chinese dishes, but I’ve grown up with them.

They were not often. I just remember them fondly =P

We should be able to talk about artists that have a religious belief or message in their music. Having one shouldn’t exclude someone from being talked about here.

I really like and admire TobyMac. He’s a concert artist I hope to sneak in and meet backstage someday =P

I missed DC Talk back in the day, but his mid/later stuff came in right when I was a tyke of a teenager. I actually owe him a lot when it comes to music. My parents were initially really strict about the music I listened to, so it was hard to get them to let me listen to anything. But “Tonight” came out when I was like 14 and I was able to show them songs like “Get Back Up Again”, “City On Our Knees”, “Hold On” and “Wonderin’”, you know, general upbeat Christian stuff.

So they cleared him as an artist I could listen to, and I carefully started leaking in his other stuff into my playlist, starting with “Captured”, “Tonight”, “Changed Forever”, “Showstopper” and then culminating with “Hey Devil”.

They also cleared Skillet because they collaborated with him on “Tonight” without listening to their album…which crowded my teenaged angst with endless repeats of “Monster”.

I actually still really enjoy the new TobyMac, even though he’s drifted from his roots. I still think his stuff sounds more solid than most other Christian artists out there, and he has a lot of great stuff that I look forward to seeing more of in the future.

“Mac Daddy” is also really, really funny.

8 Likes

“I wanna Mac mac mac I wanna Mac Daddy, I need a Ma-ac (them apples don’t grow on trees)”

Yep.

2 Likes

Aww, but that’s the whole point of Cards Against Humanity. XD Totally understandable, though. Some of that stuff would be no doubt crude and offensive for viewers all around.
Question: zombie or robot apocalypse?

1 Like

It’s not that hard, I’ve done it already. :laughing: He purposefully stopped me, and I started freaking out that he knew I wasn’t supposed to be there, but he ended up trying to swap shoes! Sadly, we had to much of a difference in shoe sizes.

3 Likes

Oooh, nice segue. What’s your opinion on Skillet? Do you have any favourite albums?

1 Like

What’s your opinion on me?

Robot apocalypse! Easy! Have you heard Burnie Burn’s argument on Artificial Intelligence? Basically, all the AI has to do is figure out: 1. Who is most likely going to cause their demise (spoiler: it’s us) and then 2. What do I need these things for? And once it figures out that it doesn’t need us for anything, we’re gone. That’s it. We’re dead.

I’m really excited about droids taking over stuff, of course. But AI is much more of a real danger than zombies.

That’s actually a seriously good story! I liked that. That’s an experience I wish I had.

I like Skillet a lot, but they’re mostly nostalgia trips for me. I listened to so much I can’t really list them, but “Monster” stands out as the one I would listen to with such intense, angsty rage.

I literally have no opinion on you. Sorry, dude. I don’t mean that to be insulting or anything, but I literally read hundreds of posts and comments by people, not just on our channel and forums, but just on the internet as a whole. Usernames just become a blur to me.

The human brain can actually only be aware of like around 200 people at a time, and I’m also terrible with names. I do happen to remember events and facts more than names, though. A lot of the times, the cast will mention a name and I’ll be like “Who is this guy? What did he do for us?”. And then they’ll mention something and I’ll be like “Oh, it’s THAT guy.”

So I probably remember something you did, I just don’t remember that it was you who did it. Wish I could, but my memory is shot. Sorry.

6 Likes

Eh, it was a joke anyway.

4 Likes

What’s your opinion on the message board community as a whole?

1 Like

Would you ever consider running for president?

2 Likes

“For the glory of mother china!”

1 Like

What is your favorite thing about each year of Gen 1 Bionicle?

Sorry only I’m good enough to pull that off : ^ ]

1 Like

Do you believe that Asians are superior to the Miru race?

I’m half-Asian :wink:

1 Like

I like it quite a lot. I see a lot of new faces, which is really awesome for me. I’ve been pushing for a community site for a long while, and me and Var worked very hard to make it happen, so it’s really rewarding. I wish I could spend more time actually interacting with people here, though.

One thing I’d like to see are some older people and a lot more really great artwork. I feel like our demographic is kind of limited here, and I always love fan artwork. I really love Cat’s stuff, especially.

Consider it? I’m doing it! Write in ballot for 2016!

In all honesty, I am an American citizen and I have long since had some great ideas and strategies for handling a campaign in today’s media. I’m too young to run for president, but I’ve always wanted to try. There’s a lot of stuff that older people miss out on when it comes to wrangling votes. I’d like to try and do it a completely different way.

2001: MNOG. Everything in Bionicle was just trying to capture what MNOG did.
2002: Exo-Toa. Really cool sets and idea.
2003: MNOG II. Super in-depth mechanics for a free-to-play Flash game that had an option for computers with dial-up
2004: Legends of Metru Nui. I don’t really like the movie all too much, but other than the city there wasn’t a lot that I really liked there.
2005: The Dark Hunter book. That fueled my fanfiction for a long while. Great book.
2006: The Kanohi Calix. Signature mask, of course.
2007: “Creeping in My Soul”. I really like that song. Also, Mahri Nui was neat in concept but barely executed, so…
2008: Mata Nui Robot reveal. I definitely wasn’t expecting that.
2009: My comics started that year? I guess? Everything else was trash.
2010: Sahmad’s Tale. Love interest. Focused plot. Nice twist.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing! :smile:

Anything?

Hey you asked for it

Could I be your running-mate? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Since Eljay doesn’t know, does anyone at TTV listen to Rap?

What do you think happened to Richard John Grayson in BvS?

Opinion on Clone Wars (2008 TV series)?

Opinion on Battlefront 2015?

Does Exxtrooper have an AMA?

What mask do you think would look good for my Self-MOC?

Have you seen Watchmen and your thoughts?

Batman or Superman?