AKA Jonathan Juan (Ask Kahi Anything)

Huh, I don’t know. I kind of listen to it? But it’s not exactly my favorite. I think Ven, Var and Viper might be the ones who could give it a listen. Oh, and Exx.

Either he’s Nightwing or he’s dead. I don’t think they’re going to do Grayson in the DCCU. He’s either doing his own thing, or he’s the Robin that’s dead in the trailer. I would have said the latter about ten years ago, but Red Hood has been really popular recently, so it could be Jason Todd.

Started out okay, became really great by the end, didn’t really see it, though. My mom’s friend in college was one of the animators on the show, though. We stayed with her when we went to Singapore and she showed us the animation she was working on. It was really cool, and one of my first experiences with an actual animator.

Reaaaaally wanted space battles, did not end up getting space battles. But I’m going to buy it anyways. And also be on the beta.

I don’t think so. But he might and I just didn’t see it.

The pre-mutant Kanohi Olisi.

There are some things that are pinnacles of one medium. Watchmen is one of them. You can’t really replicate that magic onscreen. When I read it for the first time, it blew my mind. I don’t think the movie did the same thing, though. Maybe if they had held off on it until now? I think now is the best time to make Watchmen, but they’ve already done it, so it’s a bust.

Batman’s been done right so many times, and I love that character. But Superman has not been done right even more times, and I would love to write that character and write him well. I have an entire DC Universe that I’ve written up, all redesigns and consolidated stories and basically an Ultimate Universe for the DCU. One day…

7 Likes

One question first though, have you made your Rice Farmer Kahi minifigure?

Cause the gravestone looked like it said 1982-2000, and they said that Robin died approximately 15 years before BvS.

It is kinda continuing with the Lost Missions (Season 6), the comics “Son of Dathomir”, the book “Dark Disciple” (Pretty good death of !@#$% &%$@!#&!, but dragged on in the middle even though it was 8 episodes), and the online story reels “Crystal Crisis on Utapau” and “The Bad Batch” (Has @#!% returning from supposed death).

I think it should have been included, even though I probably wouldn’t play them. There is a Battlefront discussion topic on here though.

Well, I was assuming you would answer with an official mask that was made, especially in either Metru green or silver. Sorry for non-specifying.

Yeah, but I thought it was pretty good, especially with the visuals. The director’s cut should have been the theatrical edition.

When I read it last year, it blew my mind too…and I became overly cynical, crazy, paranoid, and a depressed insomniac. The moral of the story, kids, is if you are the general 13 year old, then do not read this and get too deep into it.

Making a movie now would be burning money though.

I grew up with Batman and still find him more interesting, and I find Superman to be kind of a boring character because he is so powerful.

Do you approve of tweenage relationships in Middle School?

I’m guessing you will be on the battlefront beta on xbone correct?

It’s pointless, won’t last, does very little for advancing social development or building relationship skills, and there’s hardly enough freedom to make it worth your time and effort.

Also it creates an incredibly toxic and idealistic climate where children feel pressured to pursue relationships for the sake of social approval; leading to severe self esteem issues and depression.

With that said, you’re dealing with humans with raging hormones. It’s going to happen regardless of approval.

So, if you’re a tweenager in a relationship be smart, be safe, and understand the reality of your situation. If you aren’t in a relationship, you really aren’t missing much.

(I just realized this is the Kahi AMA and not the TTV Questions and Answers topic, sorry for hijacking Kahi :stuck_out_tongue: )

11 Likes

Don’t worry, I don’t think anyone really cares that much about tweenage relationships anyway. And I would guess that most of your viewers are just above “tweens”. Btw, I tried to like your post but it said, "You are not permitted to view the requested resource.

^lol basic

No, but really though. Thor basically has all of the same powers as Superman, but no one really says he’s overpowered. That’s because Superman the powerset isn’t overpowered (check out Invincible for something done right with that regard). Superman the character is boring because writers don’t know what to do with him. They don’t know what makes the character tick.

Superman, basically, is a good kid who was raised right by the right parents. He wasn’t raised by venture capitalists, he wasn’t raised by hippies, he was raised by simple, good old American farmers with great American values. He said yes sir and yes ma’am and wore a tie to church on Sundays and did the right thing because he’s a good kid and he’s got the power to do a lot of good.

The real problem with a lot of authors is that they decide to hit the end of that spectrum, where Superman is always right instead of always wanting to do what’s right. That’s where the identifying bit comes in. Most people want to do the right thing too, but they don’t always know what that is. That’s how you write an interesting Superman.

Oh, and don’t get me started on Superman and Lex. They have such a powerful dynamic. It’s amazing. It’s fantastic. It needs to be done right for once. Just once.

By the way, why is Luthor always portrayed as maniacally evil? He’s Tony Stark without the humility. He’s charming and witty and deceptive and manipulative and arrogant and he’s better than you and he just didn’t get blown up by his own weapon in Afghanistan to suddenly make him a better person.

Anyhow.

HAHAHA nope.

Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. So stupid.

You should do it. Once.

When I was a kid, I tried it once and I got burned and I got burned hard. And I realized that everything I did was just horrible, and how it would have never lasted, and what was I doing trying to think I was ready for a relationship? It really made me sit down and mature, and I made a conscious decision to not be stupid again.

I think a lot of kids need to get burned. The problem is, most don’t learn from their first burn. It’s because they’re stupid. Kids are dumb.

If you don’t learn, you become one of those kids that goes through boyfriends/girlfriends like socks in middle school. It’s absurdly pointless. You literally learn nothing, not even by experience. You are not developed enough to be anywhere near a learning experience for future dating. Anything you learn in middle school when it comes to relationships is 100% meaningless because the only people it will apply to are middle schoolers. Once you exit, it’s completely worthless. And it will never, never stick. How many times do you hear of a couple that dated in middle school and married?

My best friend’s parents dated in middle school and married after college. They have a fantastic marriage, wonderful children, have mentored me through my toughest times and are some of the most wisest, godly and intelligent people I know.

So that’s love for you.

11 Likes

Where did you go wrong? :cry:

6 Likes

Well, I started working with you.

11 Likes

Kahi, do you have any hope in the Aquaman movie?

do you hope this happens in civil war?

7 Likes

So much hope.

Aquaman suffers from what I like to call “Guardians Syndrome”. The thing with Aquaman is that he has a small following, but even they aren’t super enthusiastic about the character. That means that the movie people can completely change him to be someone worth watching, and they aren’t afraid to because the fans aren’t going to revolt. This, if given the correct creative team, can be the best thing for a character.

Iron Man used to be almost a B-Lister. The movie turned him into one of THE most popular superheroes in the world.

You’ve got to get “redesigners”, people that acknowledge and respect the source material, but know what to change and how to change it. Right now, I love the casting for the new Aquaman. Khal Drogo? I will totally go see that movie. So they have me hooked.

Yes. But it can be saved for Infinity War too. I’m not picky.

4 Likes

oh yeah, forgot about that

you excited for the Jessica Jones show? I know nothing about the character except for the purple man, so I’m fairly excited

Jessica is one of my favorites. I’m so glad she’s getting a TV show. Netflix is the best medium for a Marvel TV show. Sorry Agents of SHIELD.

You know what we really need? Spider-Man TV show. I’m serious. It’s the best way to tell his story.

6 Likes

oh my god, you just put that thought in my head, that would be great

if you could get someone to reboot the Transformers movies, who would you pick as the director?

1 Like

Me.

Transformers suck, but they’re a big name franchise with a big budget that always gets money. Can you imagine being a no-name director who’s first debut is a multi-million dollar movie that everyone expects to be bad ?

You need to just get better actors and a better script, make some really cool action, and no matter what you do, you will be forever known as the “guy who made Transformers good”.

Perfect start for a career.

8 Likes

Do you have a favorite iteration of the Transformers?

1 Like

This is exactly how I picture Exxtrooper.

Would you watch Supergirl on CBS?

1 Like

Have you ever listened to Owl City?

How soon is “one day”? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How did you redesign Booster Gold and/or Blue Beetle? (If you did, or plan to already)