AKA Jonathan Juan (Ask Kahi Anything)

Not really. I don’t follow the toys all too well.

No. I don’t really follow Arrow, Flash or Gotham, even though I’ve heard some good things about them. But Supergirl interests me the least out of all of those, even though I like the character. Nothing about that show stood out to me.

I stopped following Arrow once it became the Oliver and Felicity Soap Opera guest starring some martial arts vigilante action. I didn’t pick up Flash either.

Yep! I used to be a huge fan. Now, I’m still like his music, but it’s changed rather drastically since his first incarnation and I don’t know if I still like his newer stuff as much as I did his older songs. He had a fun, sunny, synthpop feel for his first four albums, and then a more rockish feel for Midsummer Station, which I was still on board for. His new album didn’t have any standouts for me, though.

Whenever people would really want to read it.

My main changes were to Superman and the Justice League, and in the timeline I have yet to get to Booster Gold. So I have some ideas tossing around.

I did have this idea to make Booster Gold female, and have her character be like the superpowered version of the Kardashians, obsessed with fame and star power and whatnot in the age where superheroes are the big deal. Of course, she wouldn’t be completely airheaded - not anymore than Booster Gold in current continuity is, anyways. But I’m not committed to that idea yet. My Wonder Woman went through several redesigns before I finished with a idea I was really happy with.

The universe is also a little complicated, though - basically, all time travel is of the “predestined” variety. You can’t do anything that time doesn’t want you to do. The only exception to this is a magical ritual involving a “time anchor” that allows you to actually alter the timeline. The new timeline is kind of like a new layer of paint painted over the old one, so some characters from previous timelines can shine through - but you can only do this seven times to the universe before it completely destabilizes, and the universe is currently on layer six.

So Booster Gold and maybe Impulse would be relics from this future timeline that was horrible and changed for the better by the last iteration of the Justice League.

Ted Kord is part of this universe’s answer to Marvel’s Illuminati, in which both heroes and villains partner together to create scientific solutions to Earth’s defensive capabilities. Ted is kind of like an Tony Stark for alien tech, capable of understanding and taking apart things that should not come natural to humans. Jamie Reyes remains largely unchanged - he’s one of the best and most interesting DC heroes to date, and I have nothing I would really do to change him.

5 Likes

Did you hear about Jay Garrick and the multiple other Flashes that are teaming up (or fighting) with Barry in Season 2 of the Flash?

Has anyone ever pointed out that you say Bruvverhood of Makuta?

What are your top 5 Bond movies?

Do you ever get into controversial arguments with the other TTV members?

1 Like

To add to this, does the moon orbit around the Earth? Also, is sugar sweet?

The definition of Kahi is controversial arguments.

2 Likes

Do you rise in the name of freedom?

If you were in the zombie apocalypse and had to choose one TTV cast member to be your partner, who would it be and why?

Probably the week before Eljay reveals his face.

@Kahi Actually, Season 4 of Arrow looks pretty good and Flash started off nicely.

How’s life and such?

Does your UU for the DCU include Terry Mcginnis?

1 Like

When is the next Mod Call?

Your opinion on Pink Things?

Have you ever tried taking up kobudo? If you have, are there any requirements you need to have before learning.

Do you think I’m scum of the earth?

1 Like

I’m one of those guys that really like the new ones. I appreciate the classics in my head, but I really only enjoy movies that are distinctly modern. I’m like the Star Trek fan everyone else in the fandom hates.

Not really. I mean, we debate about useless stuff behind the scenes sometimes, but our discussions about controversial things are pretty straightforward.

Only for myself. One nation under me.

Viper. I think she’d be the best choice. No alpha male bs and I think she’d be more capable in a world with no morals then anyone would think from just meeting her.

Whenever we need it. We generally approach individuals ourselves, though.

Breast cancer awareness?

Considering I had to look it up, no, I don’t take it up. I’d consider learning if I had more time and money.

I’ve considered it.

I have it all written out already, I just don’t think it’d get a lot of attention here.

Yes, but he doesn’t show up for a long while. The first arc is based around Superman and Luthor as kids in Smallville, the second arc is based around metahuman uprising and terrorism, the third arc is based around the Justice League forming with the coming of Black Adam, the fourth is…

Well, I mean, there’s a lot of it.

6 Likes

Kahi, (gets down on one knee) will you marry me?

Have you seen the images of the new BvS and *Suicide Squad sets? If not, I’ll just PM you them because it took a little while digging through the Italian shopping sites.

*Based on speculation.

In the latest podcast, if I’m not mistaken, you said you go to Liberty University? (My sister goes there, and I almost went there myself, but I’m at Biola. But I digress.)
How do you like LU?
And how did/do you balance college/work/ttv?

Hey Kahi, what you think about Newsboys?

1 Like

?

8 Likes

Why, is there a picture of your avatar in the background collage?

because Kahi is trying to keep a watchful eye over all of us

1 Like

Kahi, besides BIONICLE, what’s your favorite LEGO Theme?