An easy solution to the leg problem

I was thinking about the leg debate in the G3 project for a while, and I think I have come up with a solution. Originally, I wanted the matoren to have short legs, but then I realised that short leg pieces can’t be printed…
Even when I realised this, I wanted the toa to somehow be taller than the matoren.
My solution is…
To use these pieces on the legs of the toa:

This is a 1 x 1 brick piece. If you added one to each foot of the toa (while having the matoren with long legs), it would make the toa slightly taller without taking away from the articulation! In fact, if you had the legs seperated, you could move them and pretend that they are feet! Please give thoughts on this.
That’s all! -PLA

4 Likes

But it doesn’t add to the leg, it just makes the feet taller.

7 Likes

True, but the entire point of the debate is that if you have short legs on the matoren, the feet can’t move, but the toa look more powerful than the matoren and there is a visual difference between them, implying that the toa are more powerful for people or young kids who don’t follow the story. by adding this piece, you create a visual difference between the two without taking away from the articulation.

1 Like

So all the to have blue pieces in thier feet? /s
Interesting Idea but these pieces are gonna get lost

1 Like

If you keep taking the figures apart, then probably.
Although, keep in mind that this is just a project on what Lego would do for G3. They use these pieces, so it’s safe to say that we can use them in this way for a project.

1 Like

Often, minifigures will stand on a stud piece on a LEGO set. These will pop off every time you want to place a minifig on and take it off.

13 Likes

Well, there’s that idea gone down the drain… :confused:

1 Like

Super glue it and say it is a custom piece /s Or make a new piece that is basicly the same

3 Likes

Why can’t you use the Toy story Woody legs for the toa, and everyone gets prints? This isn’t directed towards you, LTV, It’s my solution to the problem.

1 Like

I think it would make the toa look a little… strange. also, while he isn’t on studs, Onua would have some serious balancing issues

Not my problem, several minifigures have that issue. It’s hard to pose figs without using studs.

1 Like

yes they can

and they are able to have a different colors with triple molded legs

4 Likes

Oh… Interesting.

See naysayers, you can print on short legs. Now you can’t use that excuse in the leg debate.

2 Likes

Here’s another example of printing on short legs:

5 Likes

Thanks for letting me know!

Here’s a solution Give the matoran regular legs and give the Toa sheriff woody legs

2 Likes

I just said that.

Those legs where given to a figure who has awkward proportions in the reference material. The part itself offers terrible proportions, which would look very strange on one of the main characters. At least imo it would.

5 Likes

I really don’t get why everyone says this. The woody legs offer better proportions than normal minifig legs, which are actually too short.
That said, there are other, valid reasons not to use them on the Toa (though they’d be cool on a titan)

~W12~

3 Likes