An Official Statement Regarding Jon

I’m very optimistic about the new direction; I only hope brainstorm continues

they have allready announched that Brainstorm is over. G3 is something that’s still in the air however.

2 Likes

Well… This is incredibly shocking, and is an extremely heartbreaking thing to find out about. Jon has always been my favorite member of TTV, and was the reason I stuck around after Eljay left. To me, he’d always been the most entertaining cast member, and any video with him in it was one that I absolutely loved. But now, with him gone, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to continue watching the channel. I mainly watch for the TTV podcast, and since Jon is no longer going to be on that, I highly doubt I’ll ever be able to enjoy the podcast as much as I once did.

When Eljay left, I thought that the podcast would never be the same again, but instead I was still able to enjoy it immensely, and I know that Jon was a big part of that. He always made sure that the podcast was interesting, either by bringing up great discussion topics/keeping great discussions going, by telling hilarious stories, or just by interacting with the other cast members in an entertaining way.
I don’t know what the future holds for TTV. I’ll continue to watch as long as the quality of content doesn’t drop dramatically, but with my absolute favorite cast member (who, correct me if I’m wrong, has always been an important part of the channel, even behind the scenes) gone, I don’t think it’ll ever be the same for me.

2 Likes

Can I take his spot?

plz dun’t hate ok not nise

2 Likes

Does this count as TTV dying before EVO 2018

Life has a hopeful undertone.

2 Likes

Nope >=D

-Mesonak

12 Likes

Kinda sucks Brainstorm is over; but it was becoming clear that the motivation and focus kinda died off and it just became kinda confusing to know what was still canon or not. Hopefully if G3 continues in some format it’ll be a bit more organized.
Anyways, I’m glad you guys are taking a new direction; hope to see some creative stuff.
Maybe do something with High Affinity again?

2 Likes

@Looch got dropped to the losers’ bracket.

this means that Meso is now the next Tekken DLC

1 Like

IS MARDI GRAS BACK?!

2 Likes

I’m a bit late to the party, and have already said my piece on the YouTube video TTV uploaded on this, but I still feel I have something to say here.

I have, in recent months, become less associated with the TTV community. This is largely due to the TTV Fanlobby Discord chat disappearing with Eljay, and me spending more time in other BIONICLE Discord communities to fill that gap. Specifically, the Reddit Discord (cancer) and my own group of like-minded nerds. TTV hate has been fairly popular in those communities, and perhaps understandably so. I still maintained that I wanted TTV to do well, but rarely found myself watching their content (aside from Invictus Analysis, On EBay Today, and… well, that was it mostly). I had made my opinions of Jon fairly evident, and criticized TTV on many occasions, but I always held the belief that TTV was a group full of good people, and that inherent goodness would allow them to eventually realize where they had burned bridges with the community, and where people within TTV had started to have issues (such as the Top 10 Videos being considered “cheap” content, even by a couple members of TTV/folks who had to edit those things). I held on to the idea that the good folks I originally stuck with the channel for would realize where they could improve.

I am beyond happy that you are finally taking that step. I have missed TTV, even during this time where I criticized them and spent more time pointing out things I didn’t like about them than I did watching their content. It’s good to see positive change starting to make its way in. It’s good to have you back to being the happy, good-natured folks I remember. Good luck with all the challenges and endeavors coming your way, and remember: the box may tell you not to eat the pieces, but boxes also tell you what age you should be to build a complex, friction-based, interlocking construction system, so maybe boxes shouldn’t be telling you what to do.

17 Likes

Oh finally!

chews on 4x2 in blue

5 Likes

“That’s just a suggestion! They have to put that on there!”

7 Likes

That’s not the ages.
That’s how many years it should take to build the set.

13 Likes

Holy goodness, in that case I’m like the Usain Bolt of building LEGO.

1 Like

Eljay leaves

Prpl leaves

Jon is fired

Eljay and Prpl come back

:thinking:

22 Likes

Was Jon causing more problems than originally thought?

3 Likes

I don’t think Prpl is back forever, but yeah.

I have a theory that when TTV went all professional, Jon was all for it, and Eljay was all against it. They argued and argued for so long that the rest of the cast decided to let Eljay go. They then continued with their plans, and for a while it seemed to go well. Jon then probably said something incredibly offensive to Prpl, and because of it, Prpl decided to leave. Unwilling to tolerate Jon’s behavior, TTV let him go as well. With Jon gone, Prpl decided to stick around a little longer. By then the “Enlightenment” kicked in, and TTV decided to go back to its roots. With Jon gone, and TTV reverting to its origins, Eljay was allowed back in.

That’s just a theory, however.

8 Likes

inb4 @TakumaNuva bans you. My thoughts exactly.

EDIT: Except for Prpl. That seems like a stretch. It’s possible that she might have sided with Jon, but the others convinced her to stay for a little longer.

Personally, Prpl just kinda came off as sort of bored with TTV. I prefer Phweffie over Prpl.