An Official Statement Regarding Jon

Call me sadistic, but there’s plenty of entertaining “rage” even after Eljay left, take my word for it. (I’m sorry guys, but it’s very amusing.)

2 Likes

I’m just going to leave this here…

https://twitter.com/thettvchannel/status/974471129657151489

14 Likes

Now this is interesting indeed. Cheers. Hope it all works out everyone!

3 Likes

This looks like great news!

To be honest, I have to agree with the statements of the cast here. The business side of TTV did grow out of control and did inflate a few egos.

I can honestly only see good things from here. I hope TTV will continue to get the monetary support they need for both themselves and to run their community here so we all continue to have fun and be with people who share our interests!

Quality of quantity is a noble change! Best of luck to the cast!

6 Likes

Maybe TTV will devolve back into what it once was. Which is a good thing. Back to a bunch of LEGO fans making videos instead of a corporation pushing out content all the time.

10 Likes

Oh man a return to old TTV sounds interesting and better for the people involved. I don’t see how this connects to Jon though. I assume he wanted to keep it as a business and due to disagreements left? But the message implies there was some sort of safety-endangering conflict involved. Anyways on a side note, does this mean no more public official events like Lego Live?

3 Likes

He was fired, not left. But with him being gone I suppose you could call it a wake up call for the group

19 Likes

Jon was not fired due to business disagreements, but we are using this whole spectacle as a springboard to make some commonly requested changes and reestablish what we love about this channel while repairing our friends group and strengthening our relationships.

It’s going to be awesome.

-Mesonak

29 Likes

Let the positivity abound!

8 Likes

The newsoid did say they were setting aside funds for trips, so I presume they’ll at least be going to Brickfair.

~W12~

4 Likes

DOES THIS MEAN MARDI GRAS IS BACK?!

2 Likes

Okay, what?
You guys are on the top, why fall apart now? Jon was indeed a very significant part of the crew.
At this stage, I start to wonder if there will be any TTV Crew member or even TTV as it is now, to remain at the end of the year.

You’re taking that second quote out of context.

There will certainly be TTV cast members by the end of the year. They’ve endured for 8 years, they can endure this.

And to your second point, you are correct. TTV as it is now won’t remain until the end of the year. But that’s an incredibly good thing.

13 Likes

The one thing I’m a little worried about is this idea that we may get (this is an exaggeration) oonly one video a week. However, as an optimist, I know that this will/should not ever happen, because I find that if TTV enjoys the podcast, so does the audience. And if both are enjoying the podcast, TTV will continue to do what they enjoy to do because not only will they enjoy it, but so does the audience. So, I hope this is a great “new” beginning, and am really excited for the great times ahead.

4 Likes

After watching the statement on the channel and Meso and Var saying the firing of Jon and the leaving of Prple are linked, it is not hard to imagine what happened here.

5 Likes

And here comes the usual ‘Can I take his spot’ comments.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ve also watched the statement video and now I can see where this is heading to. Personally I am glad TTV ( or whatever it will ve called later on ) will not be “business driven” channel anymore. That was one thing that I never liked. This is a welcomed change.
I just hope they keep up at least this level of interest towards Lego for this year, even if not for Marvel for example, but I understand that they want to take new contents.

2 Likes

Please tell me Brickfeed isn’t dead. That’s my only source of Lego news…

Also, RIP my favorite podcast Brainstorm, but I’ll get a new favorite because the normal podcast will be more fun again! Fingers crossed for new episodes similar to “Build a Baby” and “My Dad was an Monopoly”…

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a bit sad about Brainstorm since it was my jam, but they’re right in that you could tell they were unenthused. I’ll have to wait and see what happens next for that.

As for their fututre, I’m actually kind of excited. After G2 ended I expected them to expand to do more creative stuff, but ended up focusing on Lego, which seemed a little constraining. Especially since a large portion of the cast are artists who could use the platform they’ve established. Now that the channel has no theme I’m really interested to see what they do next.

3 Likes

Looks like a nice new direction. I am glad TTV is figuring things out.

1 Like