Anime Discussion your thoughts and opinions on any anime

Hey. Just came here to highly recommend an anime called “Yowamushi Pedal” Idk if any of you have ever heard of it before. It’s pretty good. It’s about bicylcle racing.

So I found this trailer for this series called Violet Evergarden being adapted from a light novel, it’s made by Kyoto Animation, I don’t know too much about it but this trailer looks great. Gonna watch this day one:

1 Like

Oh yeah I saw that a while ago.

It looks :ok_hand:

Also have any of you actually read any light novels or am I the only one

1 Like

Haven’t really read light novels (I do have a downloaded copy of Fate/Apocrypha but have never gotten to reading it). I’ve read manga on occasions, but rarely. However that might change as I recently got into the manga Pandora Hearts, I was going to just watch the anime but I heard it’s not that great since it has too much filler and isn’t even finished, on top of sub-par animation and slow pacing. The story sounded interesting so I picked up the manga at a store that was cutting down their prices on everything they had since they were going out of business. I’ve been really liking the manga so far, I’m already 3 volumes in. It’s sort of like Final Fantasy with a bit of Fullmetal Alchemist mixed in and has a Victorian setting. It’s owned by Square Enix which makes a lot of sense. Anyways, so far I would recommend it.

1 Like

I’m thinking of watching JoJo, but I’m hesitant due to it having the equivalent of an R rating. I’ll probably hold off on it for now.

I watched Gurren Lagann a while back, and I thought it was a ton of fun. The plot was interesting, and the mecha and character designs were on point.

Yeah, if you don’t like violence you may not like that show.

What else have you seen?

I just finished reading Nisekoi.

I’d give it a 7/10, but it was good enough to leave me with a crippling post-completion void, which means it gets an extra 2-3 points

So it’s a 9/10 for me.

I’m fine with violence. I read Deadpool comics. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve seen bits of Attack on Titan, Naruto, and Fullmetal Alchemist (2003). I need recommendations of new stuff to try.

Edited for double-post. --John Smith

1 Like

Trigun

1 Like

Yeah, JoJo is very violent. Not Berserk violent, but violent.

2 Likes

Aside from violence tho I’d don’t really think there’s much else in it aside from some mild(?) language.

Eh, I’ll be watching it in Japanese anyway. Besides, people swear all the time at my school, so swearing isn’t an issue either way. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a little concerned about the fanservice, though.

1 Like

There is no fanservice in JoJo, or filler.

cant handle the sexy men?

2 Likes

Oh, right. Ok yeah there is some near nudity. But it’s from prehistoric Aztec Vampire Gods of Fitness.

2 Likes

But that’s a harem tho…

It’s not too fanserivcey. At worst you get a tiny bit a cleavage in one episode (And the pillar men, but that’s a different story) if it were very fansericvey like say Kill la Kill and Gurren lagan I would hate the series.

That doesn’t mean it’s bad.