Arcana: the downfall

“so, uh, what am I healing?”

Quadro pointed at the arm, leg, and head. “Statement: arm, leg, head.”

He nods and cracked his knuckles, “alright, you may want to advertise your eyes.”

1 Like

Frostvin turned his back, and Quadro shut down his optics.

Edward backed away and walked to his bedroom. Inside hid Alpha, Beta, Delta, and Melissa.

“Is it gone? Are we safe?”
Melissa asked.

Edward lifted the child into his arms and said.
“Yes, we’re safe. And it’s actually pretty friendly. I’ll show him to you soon, but right now Mister Oliver is healing a friend, and I don’t think its something you would want to see.”

There was a blinding flash of light, and a few moments later tortwig was healed, and Oliver sat back, completely winded

1 Like

Tortwig gasped suddenly and sat up.
“Sanguis! Sanguis! Duo-and- gladius in hominem! Quid? Ubi? Quam? Quod, … gladio Horrendas gladio, et sanguine…” She cried out, then curled up into a ball and started sobbing and repeating, “Sanguis…”

When Edward heard her cries, he set Melissa down and ran to Tortwig. Melissa followed, as well as the automatons.

“Hey. What’s wrong? What happened?”
He asked in a comforting tone.

1 Like

Tortwig spoke in halting, broken English. “The man- the sword and-the the blood… And he sta-stabbed Duo…” I
She shivered, tears leaking from her hands covering her eyes.

The small Hydra looked at Melissa

“Hey. Everything is alright. I can fix Duo. Now I want you to tell me how your arm feels.”
Edward spoke with a calm soothing tone.

Melissa curiously approached the small Hydra.
“Hello.”
She said innocently.

1 Like

Tortwig sniffed and examined her arm, which was shaking more violently then before the incident. “It hurts.” She whimpered. “A lot.”

It tilts it’s head

“Its okay. I can help with your arm. Make it work good as new.”
He looked to Alpha, who wemt to grab his discarded limb pack. The Automaton then went to his work room.

Edward tried to help Tortwig to her feet.

Melissa reached to pet one of the heads.

1 Like

The head embraced her hand with a soft coo

1 Like

Tortwig took a shaky breath and stood up, wobbling a bit. She clutched Edward’s arm and steadied herself, taking another shaky breath. “Y-you can?”

Melissa smiled and giggled.
“You don’t look so scary.”
She said.

“I don’t know how well it will work, but the least we can do is try right?”
Said Edward.

Tortwig nodded. She took a step forward and stumbled, but steadied herself. “Wh-what are you g-going to do?”

Edward held her up so she could keep her footing.
“Something to support your arm. An appendage that goes around it and helps the arm function.”

Tortwig nodded again. She took a breath. “M-magic or electric?” She asked.