Bad Things in G1

Well it is explained that all living creatures were evacuated before they broke the cord. Karda Nui was somewhat flooded by the water. That’s how the swamp was created

1 Like

Let me help.

2 Likes

Still though, that island was detached for thousands of years. An ISLAND sized hole in the surface of Karda Nui, that thing should be 100% submerged

Also evacuated where? Off of the island? I dunno the whole thing was very odd

1 Like

It was said in a book (I can’t remember which one) that they used the airships from Metru Nui

You DARE insult Propeller Man’s precious propellers?

3 Likes

I agree with this so much.

But then again… I thought Solek was pretty groovy back in the day.

Wow a topic called bad thing in G1 and not a single that’s bad meme? I’m impressed

2 Likes

What was bad?!?!?!?!?!

And the Inika builds.

And Bara magna. It was course and it got everywhere.

P.s: cheers George Lucas, not for that line but unlike Lego with Bionicle, you saved star wars. Because you had the decency to sell it before you made it even worse

2 Likes

One thing that sucked in G1, change in eye-stock color among sets that are the same characters, like really, why are Tahu Phantoka’s eyes green now? It’s not like the orange eye piece does not exist. TO BE FAIR, the 2015/ 2016 sets (G2) did the same as well. I am also guilty of this, my G1 self moc has a, (custom) half red half green eye-stock, while my G2 is just green. I’m getting off topic here…

4 Likes

You’re now on my list of people I need to CQC.

3 Likes

Cool.

It’s gonna feel great, let me assure you.

1 Like

Well, have you seen voya nui from the side?

It sort of tapers off at the bottom, so the hole isn’t island sized. It’s less than half the size of voya nui, which is a small island, and karda nui is huge.

Sounds right.

1 Like

While I have liked and disliked several parts of both the plot and the sets over the years, I think my main beef with G1 came late in its run. Ignoring nostalgia for the first three years, and my dislike of the style in 2004-2005, I feel like the BIONICLE universe went off the rails in the online serials.

As the universe grew, we got more and more characters. I liked their inclusion, but it quickly grew too much when all the unimportant characters from earlier years started having serial roles. Greg even worked with no plans, which led to wild plot turns and a bunch of characters that had no relevance but kept popping up. A lot of plot points and twists appeared, but had a flat conclusion. Some were forgotten outright in favor of a new twist.

The serials were the only story posted online. The good old online games and Flash animations fell into obscurity for newer fans. The story became confusing for anyone who hadn’t followed the series since it started. Reading a chapter you might feel inclined to pop open several wiki pages, only to find references to ten other characters and locations you have to read up on first.

This is in part why they chose to reboot the series on Bara Magna in 2010, I believe, but of course we were left with serials from the original universe and a brand new setting which the older fans didn’t feel any connection to.

1 Like

Don’t forget the addition of a new generation of serials including Sahmad’s love tragedy :smirk:

Everything after 2004
yep

The piraka/inika build, the av-matoran build.

Everything? I’m guessing you didn’t like the ignition trilogy

I hated the piraka lego’s HIP new cool villains i hated the ignika’s look plus they gave us the inika build BLECH i think the only one i can stand
is 2007 because of the barraki alone
and then bionicle got edgy with 006 but got more edgy in 08

2005 had cool concept but bad sets and so it’s bearable MAYBE

1 Like