BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

Usually around September, from what I recall.

1 Like

And names around August, if “CF, CW. CE” even counts as names

2 Likes

It counts of we see abbreviation like “MMM”, which might stand for “Makuta the Mask Maker”. But it’s way too obvious, I expects something more interesting.

J, S, W, F, E
Jungle, Stone, Water, Fire, Earth? We could expect these letters in future leaks.

Anyway, it’s easier then “Bionicle XL” :slight_smile:

1 Like

As is usual, I’d like to remind everyone of our leak policy. No problem speculating, just remember that we can’t post anything believed to be real.

Keep having fun, guys.

5 Likes

Doesn’t that mean only pics tho? If we aren’t allowed to share the names how we can even discuss them?

1 Like

TL;DR: Depends.

1 Like

So, we can’t post leaks, but can we still discuss them, assuming everyone has seen the leaks from other fonts?

1 Like

There is also a compromise, some of the HF sets were priced as $13

Bionicle Stars was made after people wanted to give Bionicle G1 a “proper” sendoff, 2009 was planned to be the final year.

3 Likes

Well, more people probably would have been happy with no Stars in the first place. I think people would have been pretty content if they had just done that story in 2009 and left no question unanswered. To this day, we still don’t know how a lot of G1 ended.

1 Like

2009 was long ago. Business change
For example, back then with Bionicle and other themes as well the summer wave was on par with winter, if not better.

Today’s lego has that trend quite the opposite among the
other themes as well.
Some of the Licensed themes don’t follow this suit because they are released with the hype of the movie.

Hero Factory would be a poor comparison because it had a whole year, not half
But Hero Factory also didn’t start with a whole year.

Still, Ninjago’s original run ended in 2013 with a difference of $500 to $205. Maybe you want me to look at the numbers of Chima as well because it’s more recent?

1 Like

Why are you assuming that 2017 won’t have 2 waves?

I wasn’t trying to say to say 2009 has anything to do with 2017, I was just pointing out that Bionicle Stars isn’t a good example of a downgrade.

Judging from Lego’s latest action themes following the three year plan they lasted for three years, but only had 5 waves.

Accompany that with Bionicle’s questionable sales and take in the fact that even Ninjago was to follow this suit.

1 Like

“As long as the sets are great and the story is climactic and wraps up the line, I’m fine with it. I don’t care about quantity.”

This is basically my philosophy. I don’t want to have a ton of sets or a super budget or a long lasting line, if everything gets mediocre (which is basically what could happen with a 10 years G2, getting the same Toa every time). Sometimes less is more.

3 Likes

Welp, I could be repetitive, but at this point we can just wait and see. My hopes are that they’ll put the strongest effort on doing the (probably) last sets. And if there’s going to be only 1 wave, it can still be awesome. (6 toa, 6 small characters and Titan Makuta would be more than enough, am I right?[quote=“GK733, post:1599, topic:19964, full:true”]
As I said Lego has also shown to drop dramatically the overall value of the last wave when compared to one that was year before.
[/quote]

#aManCanDream

3 Likes

As I said Lego has also shown to drop dramatically the overall value of the last wave when compared to one that was year before.

They tend to drop the number of sets released, not the quality or prices of the Individual sets. The only time that I can recall LEGO selling products inferior to past waves were the STARS, which were their own case entirely. A better example would be LEGO’s last constraction theme, HF. IFB kept the same general price range for its sets while trying something new out. The number of sets released was smaller than past waves, but you still had your “beginner” “intermediate” “Skilled” and “Pro” sets. It even introduced several new molds and recolors.

3 Likes

Cocoon and two minifig helmets + couple of recolors

1 Like

among other things, such as new feet, head molds for the beasts, the jumpers and their containers, and the cockpits for the mechs.

4 Likes