BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

Yep that’s 100% fake. I can see the real logo look like that though

1 Like

I’ve seen it, Umarak and Uniter Onua listed as ‘new’…I don’t buy it. I really am looking forward to hearing news of 2017 sets soon though…I just don’t think this is it.

2 Likes

Yes. I believe all 8 “leaked” photos posted in that dump are absolutely fake. Every single one is using recycled assets that were already given to us, logos, screenshots, builds, pieces, none of it is new material. And the ones that WOULD show new material are cleverly disguised with either black boxes with no preliminary artwork at all (but still using widely available logos), mini-figures with no actual printing on them, or modified sets that were previously released plastered on Batman V Superman movie screenshots.

If he turns out to be real, then I’ll gladly eat my words. I take no enjoyment out of anyone being wrong, however I’ve seen plenty of people get very upset and overworked over fake leaks in the past and for some reason there are still people out there that continue to think it’s funny and actively abuse the trust of other fans because of it.

I believe these pictures are fake, and I’m confident I could recreate images just like these.

With that said, since we have already stated that these images are not allowed to be posted here I ask that everyone remain on topic and continue discussing legitimate 2017 news.

6 Likes

Made this to see what people think.

Your great highness just doubleposted

As you are right on the matter that we can’t currently confirm it
I must say regarding to the poll that taking in the early reveal of Makuta I don’t have high hopes for a summer wave.

3 Likes

Var has already said that the bionicle one is fake and I can prove the bane set is fake too.

If you look at a picture of a lego big fig their feet are two studs wide plus 2 studs of space between them. So that totals to 6 studs.

Not including the wheels, the “leaked” vehicle is 6 studs wide but it has a 1 stud border on each side which means there is only 4 studs of space inside.

TLDR The big fig is 6 studs wide and the car is only 4 studs wide on the inside meaning its impossible for bane to be in that car.

Does anyone else think that we will get building instructions to the JTO Makuta?

1 Like

No need to get snippy with him for that, man…

Who cares about the leaks? We have three possible Makuta models released in a contest video. MOUP looks awesome…reminds me of the Witch-King of Angmar with the angular spikes going upward. I’m not sure about the colours though…I do generally like black, gold, and red, but would be even more content seeing something new.

2 Likes

You reply to me, I reply back to defend my point of view. It’s really that simple.
So don’t reply to this if you want me to stop about it.

I sure hope they release instructions but they didn’t do it to the shadow spawn either despite it appearing on the show.

2 Likes

Originally I was disappointed that the MoUP did not have any Okotan markings like on MoC and MoCo. But now I’m not because it would be stupid to think that Makuta would put individual markings on a mask that he probably built in only a short amount of time.

3 Likes

Ekimu rushed six uniter masks and all of those have runes. Doesn’t add up.

1 Like

Ekimu didn’t rush those masks. We don’t know how much time passes between Escape from the Underworld and JtO.

~W12~

3 Likes

That was thought as later so it’s a bit contradicting. Better argument would be that he just made them from their master masks and that’s why it didn’t took so long.

4 Likes

It’s also possible that he knew what they looked like already, given that they look exactly like the Golden Masks of Unity, which presumably already existed before the cataclysm. He only saw the Master Masks in a vision from the Vahi…

2 Likes

if only. thats probably too convoluted for lego :frowning:

1 Like

Can’t wait till then :wink:

@Xephix I think it’ll make it till the end of the year set wise. Story wise I don’t know

1 Like

Unsure if this counts as 2016 or 2017 discussion, so going to post it in both for the time being and it can be removed if it doesn’t count as one or the other…

Apparently an Italian Lego Catalogue has recently appeared. Given this has been reported by TheBrickFan they normally have something to back-up the source even if they are not sharing images of the catalogue. So while its likely legitimate, best to take with salt for now.

The reports of which mention several things such as Lego Power Rangers, PoTC and Cars 3. While i have not seen anyone reporting on Bionicle’s inclusion or non-inclusion in this catalogue, it would stand to reason that we could end up having confirmation of Bionicle’s potential continuation fairly soon. I’d guess at this rate we could expect something to pop up in a week or so…

###Edit; Use who leaked these has revealed they were fakes.

10 Likes

Yep, quite a lot of large and trustworthy sources are reporting them as a real deal already. If they turn out to be fake then oh boy he fooled a lot of people.

1 Like

Like the Bohrok leaks, which was sad because those were painfully fake. Like, they hurt to look at because they were so fake.

3 Likes

Where are tese leaks evereybody here talks about? Or do I just need to know that there fake? I know that it is forbidden to post the images ,but a link would be helpfull.

2 Likes

Exactly, I have no idea what they’re talking about too!

2 Likes