BIONICLE Heroes Discussion

It is isn’t it.

it’s a fun game to speed-run against freinds

Talking about the PC version graphics and music were actually really good in my opinion.

The “humor” was rather… sad, though. Had they left it out the game might actually have been kinda epic at times. I mean, the way the game depicted the villains made me wonder how in Mata Nui’s name the Piraka were able to conquer Voya Nui in the first place…

And I don’t even want to mention the “accuracy” of the story…

Also I’m not a big fan of the game being a third person shooter.

1 Like

The only few Tt Games that tries to branch out of the standard “Star Wars format”.
While the canon material is bothersome, the “appearance” gets repetitive, but has the most content from other Bionicle games (no including MNOG).

1 Like

I liked this game! Obviously it wasn’t great, it was pretty repetitive. But I only have fond memories of it. I remember that I wanted the Xbox version so bad that I drove like an hour to get it. Also, collecting all the technic parts is still one of the most satisfying things to do in a game ever XD.

2 Likes

While not canon, the game showcases several unique locations on Voya Nui.

2 Likes

Nuparu is most OP character, that’s for sure.

I love this game, but does anyone know of any glitches for it? for speedrunning purposes.

1 Like

I’m watching a “let’s play” of it and this one guy brings up a really good point. Why does Matoro, the only toa of ice without a scope on his mask get to zoom in? Anyways, I miss the hecc out of this game. And the series is here:

1 Like

OH MY GOD I HATE THIS GAME NOW. When I was first playing, I was like “this is freaking sweet yo!” But over the years I thought about it and I realized how much I hate the game. The game is lazy, the “voice acting” is insulting, “Hero mode” is not sastisfying in the slightest, some of the characters have janky weapons, the sound design can be awful in some levels, there is barely any challenge, the game is excesively linear, there is too much grinding for my tastes, the blatant disregard for canon is annoying, the motion controls on the Wii version suck and do not fit a game like this, the potrayal of the Piraka is juvenile, the final boss is awful, and the ending is a massive letdown. Also Vezon is a bad reward for beating the game. He is just a re-skinned Piraka.

Hindsight is 20/20.

1 Like

well I guess there’s no good Bionicle game :frowning:

1 Like

Totally agree… I mean, in the intro you’re already wondering how that bunch of idiots could ever take over Voya Nui. Not to mention 90% of all cutscenes after that.

The only things I still really like about the game are the graphics and the music.

1 Like

BIONICLE Heroes for the DS was pretty good. Final boss is pretty bad though.

1 Like

Lol

As for the game, I’d never heard of it till joining the boards. Might look into it.

I am iffy on the graphics. They are not bad enough for me to call them out, but I cannot bring myself to say they are great namely because I have not played a lot of Wii games. And obviously I have not played the PS2 version. I do not have much to draw conclusions on. I If had the PS2 version, there would be no problem. I have a lot of PS2 games I could compare it to.

And the music is alright for the most part. Having to listen to the hero mode music over and over again got on my nerves fast though. I did not mention it, but that is one of the reasons why I do not find hero mode sastisfying. How frequently you activate hero mode lessens it’s importance and spams that fricking track over and over again.

1 Like

it’s sad to see how little has been documented on the ds version, y’know. it’s like bionicle doom! who wouldn’t love that?

1 Like

All I know is that the Wii version absolutely sucks.

I played this on the Wii so much when I was a kid. Properly, truly, metric tons of time poured into it. I really just loved it to death. Before I owned the game, I loved going to the promo website and checking out what was there. The music too was fantastic. I’ll still kick it up every once in a while. And the Piraka Playground stuff was great fun.

That said, I did have my problems with it at the time. It annoyed the heck out of me that once you unlocked Vezon all the other Piraka became unplayable again, so much so that I made another save file where I kept the Piraka unlocked. And while the noise of the Rahkshi battles was unanimously poor, that Lerahk battle really took the cake for being unbearable. Literally muted my TV while that was on. I also thought it was strange that the Zamor Sphere retrieval missions were the second level, and not the first. It always made more sense to me that those would be the first levels (since they don’t have bosses), and then the Rahkshi and the rest of the bosses would come afterwards.

I tried to play it relatively recently on my laptop after downloading it from BioMediaProject, but unfortunately it felt a bit off, and I eventually uninstalled it.

I’ve been thinking on and off about buying a copy off Ebay and checking it out. It was always wild to me that the Frost Beetle was in it.

Similarly, I’m shocked I’ve not seen more people talk about the easter eggs that happened when you’re afk long enough. The Toa would roll their heads around and knock on the TV and stuff, and the Piraka would straight up try to murder you. Frikkin’ blew my mind when I saw that happen the first time.

Wow, had a lot more to say than I thought I would.

if you can find it cheap (which you can), i would strongly recommend it. it’s an amazing game.

is this game still bad or something? maybe I was over reacting with what @ChaoticTempleKnight said?

idk I think this type of Lego could still work with some fixing

I personally quite enjoyed this game, it was no masterpiece, but it was a fun little time-waster.