BIONICLE Quest For Mata Nui Fan Game Discussion Topic

Well, I meant specifically in terms of mechanics. Your attacks would have to be omni-directional since you can swim in any direction. It’d essentially be like fighting while flying.

Not to mention, does anyone playing Tahu get gimped if they try to use their elemental attack? Or will they pull an '07 and just say really intense fire somehow works underwater.

1 Like

And for all the Toa, once you get a Kaukau.
Imagines Tahu swimming and chuckles involentarily

Idk, he was supposedly pretty good at kolhii. Watch him in the Nuva promo animations (or the Bionicle: The Game trailer) and he does some pretty agile flips.

1 Like

######Literally runs through rock loops like Sonic.

1 Like

Not when you factor in Newton’s second law. At higher speeds, Pohatu’s only adding a crapton of force behind his attacks. Imagine a ~300-pound android traveling at the top speed of a car kicking you with one foot. It’d be like getting hit by a rocket sled with a boot tacked on the front.

2 Likes

Oh man it looks like a dream come true! and i’m unsure if a single man did all of this?

I mean Undertale was made 90% by just one guy. And it only took him two and a half years. So it’s not too hard to believe.

Then again, Undertale is a much simpler game to make compared to this in a lot of different ways, and Toby Fox also had $50,000. So maybe this isn’t much of a good comparisons.

1 Like

If you read Hapka’s description of Pohatu using the mask of speed, I’d argue he’s moving much faster than a car:

“The desert landscape passed in a yellowish blur, all details obscured by the Toa’s immense speed. After a moment, the yellowish blur shifted into a brown one punctuated by flashes of green, and then quickly grew paler again until all Pohatu could see around him was white.”

I’d be surprised if this project got taken down because its relatively inoffensive compared to the other stuff they’ve let slip by:

• Legend of Mata Nui remake: An actual product Lego decommissioned, now available freely (and open source, I believe?) to anyone interested.
  • Wall of History: Literally all the Bionicle novels Lego owns available for free online.
  • BioMedia Project: These guys are usually pretty good with keeping within copyright law (and they’ve had discussions with TLG who have basically said as long as you’re not using our logo for anything or looking affiliated with us we’re cool) but they’ve recently started uploading a bunch of content like retail games and the movies that’s way more questionable.

So if Lego takes action against this just because it’s high quality, I’d be a bit cheesed at how hypocritical it is of them when plenty of actual copyright infringing stuff is getting a blind eye.
Only potential issue I can genuinely see them having with it is they might not like a “violent” game (even though it frankly looks no more violent than Heroes or the TT games, the much more serious tone might alarm them) being associated with their product. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Y’know, all this press coverage makes me realize that this, if anything, is good for Lego because it shows that there is still interest in Bionicle. It probably won’t bring us G3, but rip out my pancreas and call me Catherine the Great if it doesn’t keep Bionicle alive.

That advantage is offset by the fact that UT was made by a dog.

3 Likes

The Game’s trailer got 150.000 views after only one day since it got uploaded… If this isn’t legitimate proof that there is still interest in Bionicle, than I don’t know what it is.
LEGO really should take note of all this.

It may not bring us G3, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it increased the chance of Sokoda’s Legend of Bionicle Ideas project being approved.

5 Likes

That’s a totally awesome possibility that didn’t even cross my mind.

5 Likes

My friends and I are already starting to call dibs on Toa we want to play as in multiplayer, which will be hard because three of them want Pohatu.

4 Likes

This is astonishing, the element graphics in particular look phenomenal, I can not wait to play

1 Like

I’m curious as to how switching Toa will work, actually. Ideally I’d like to be able to save a separate game for each Toa, but being able to change mid-game might be an ok compromise…
Just as long as I’m not locked to only having one save file and needing to delete my Tahu playthrough to then be Gali, for example.

5 Likes

Title changed for clarity- Prentice1215

2 Likes

Gotta go fast

3 Likes

It looks grate, the graphics in this game look just astonishing.

I would love it if every Toa works a bit differently. Like, Tahu is very aggressive with combos and can take a lot of hits, Kopaka is far more defensive and precise with his attacks, Gali can provide healing and quick, light attacks, Pohatu is quicker (even without the Kakama) than the other Toa and provide slow, powerful kicks, but also has a bit less health, Lewa has a higher jump and provides more aerial attacks, and Onua is the tank; heavy, slow, but can take a lot of hits and deal spread damage or something like that.

Just some ideas I feel could be very neat.

2 Likes

I watched the combat overview, and I was blown away with the professionalism in the movements of the models and the detail and texture of the scenery.

Incredible!

1 Like

The Co-Op makes me wish I had five friends that are into Bionicle. I don’t even have one.

5 Likes

I mean, I’m sure people here would gladly play with you.

1 Like