Brickonicle: Boxor vs Nuvhok

Name: Boxor vs Nuhvok
Price: $30
Pieces: 332

The Bohrok Swarms are hatching! A Nuvhok is bursting out of it’s holding cell and attacking Onua! But not all Matoran are defensless against the Bohrok. Take Nuparu’s Boxor Mech into battle with the Nuvhok and the Nuvhok Va and help Onua fend off the Swarms.

Set Includes:

• Boxor mech and Bohrok holding cell
  • 4 Minifigures; Nuparu, Onua, Nuvhok, Nuvhok Va
  • Mech boxing function
  • Bohrok launching function
  • This set can combine with the set Tahnok Va Attack to form a larger structure)

So, not exactly an accurate representation of the original Boxor, but the same sort of idea applies: Nuparu makes a boxing mech out of a bunch of parts (originally Bohrok parts). I tried to make this look a bit messed up and sort of happhazardly put together (like the arm being yellow like an industrial robot arm, the left leg and foot being patched up, etc). And also the red boxing glove (not actually a glove in story but you get the idea). Seems like something Nuparu would do given his personality/sense of humour IMO.

As far as the Bohrok Hatcher goes, I really wanted some function to launch a Bohrok out of something (originally it was a vehicle), and ended up with a little pod you can push the Bohrok out of. I’d imagine the Bohrok head-piece would be a new mold.

EDIT: Probably worth noting that this set contains a large number of smaller than average pieces, meaning I priced this at $30. The Bohrok itself has 60 or so parts.

Little decal I made.

Minifigs aren’t great, but best I’ve got with what I have. They still like fine though.

EDIT: This photo.

79 Likes

This looks great. Really like the Nuvhok build.

But yeah the other figs are meh.

I quite like how the Boxor looks like it was made up of whatever Nuparu had on hand. Scrapyard mech? Yes please.
The launching mechanism for Nuhvok is a fun feature, and I think you designed the Bohrok well for a system-based build. Combining it with the Tahnok Va Attack is a lovely bonus.
The decal sticker is a sweet detail too!

Great job!

Mech is a little too detailed and the rocky bit is a bit studdy for an official LEGO set but this is really awesome! The rolling guy is the best bit

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I really like the boxor, but it looks more like a moc than an official lego set.
On the other hand, that bohrok and rock build looks amazing and it looks like it could be an actual set.

4 Likes

Love the Nuvhok, especially the holding cell, it’s a really creative way to mix the original technic into the brick system.

This is freaking awesome!

IT ROLLS!

Love the Boxor as well.

The resemblance to the original Boxor may not be very eminent outside its ability to box, but it is still a nice, compact design that really conveys the cobbled nature of the vehicle without sacrificing much aesthetically. I also love the effort put into Nuhvoks design, being able to achieve the ball transformation.

Favourite entry yet, love the designs of the bohrok and the boxor and i think all the play features and functions are amazing, and i love that this can be linked with the smaller set

The Nuhvok is so cute yet so menacing. :stuck_out_tongue: 10/10

Not gonna lie, in that first image, I thought the Bohrok launchee was an elephant…

this is a really great set!!
keep up the good work!

I would totally buy this. It looks so cool! Well done. :smiley:

What does the decal on the back of the waist on the boxor say