Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Sarah walks into him as she looks over the side. “Hey, watch where you-” She starts, before seeing who it was. “Oh, Ryko?” She said. “Um…who are they?”

Hans waves.

Sean looks at Sarah. As I thought. He ponders. This might work after all…

Jacques looks around the streets for whoever had rang the bell and started the chaos.

1 Like

“This is Hans and Sean. They seemed interested in the revolution.” Ryko introduced them.

“Nice to meet you.” Sean said to Sarah. “So, how many people do you have?”

“About 40, give or take.” She told.

“Good. Do you have any place we can all talk about this…privately?” Sean asked.

Sarah nodded. “This way.” She said, leading them back the way she came.

1 Like

Ryko followed the two, keeping an eye out for any soldiers and, most particularly, Jacques.

He might see Jacques on the ground level, heading towards the center of the town.

Sarah sees him as well. “Ryko…” She warns. “Let’s go, we’ve only got a bit further to go.”

“Who’s that?” Asher asked, pointing towards Jacques.

“The commander that was left in charge here while the war moves west.” Sarah told him. “He’s a bad guy and Ryko’s had some…scuffles, with him in the past.” She tells him. “And I’m trying to make sure he doesn’t go at it again.”

1 Like

Ryko hesitated.
“The coward can wait.” he decided, turning to Sarah. “We’ve got a revolution to lead.”

1 Like

“Oh thank the gods.” Sarah mutters. “Then let’s go.” She says, rushing across the path to get to her house, Hans and Sean in tow.

1 Like

Ryko runs after her.

Moenir continues walking down the street, at this point aimlessly as he fully recollects what happened the previous day, with him essentially becoming a spy for the Nikidian army against the rebels…well or was it the other way around? Mornings always left him drowsy and honestly not fully functioning.

Blud woke and got from his bed. His plan was simple; open the ports by any means necessary. Knowing that the town must’ve only recently been taken over he heads out looking for trouble.

They would soon find her house, and she would run inside, followed by Sean and Hans. Once inside, Sean started asking questions already. “So, who do you owe allegiance to?” He asked Sarah.

“Uh, Marsada.” She said, sounding somewhat unsure.

“Truly?” Sean asked, raising an eyebrow. “Your tone and your hair tell me otherwise.”

Sarah was silent for a moment. “Okay I get th’first part but what’s tha last part got t’do with anythin?”

Moenir might have seen a flash of red running on the levels above him, followed by a few other figures.

Blud might hear some trouble brewing just downstairs from his room.

2 Likes

Ryko folded his arms and leaned against a wall, watching Sean and Sarah, a glint in his eye.

“Well, it’s not a trait that many have with pure Marsadan blood.” He tells her.

“Well I’m half Deziman, so there.” She countered.

“That would account for the pale skin, if your parent worked in the mine, but not the hair.”

“So what would cause it?” Sarah asked, annoyed.

“You’re at least half Kena.” Sean told her.

“…an’ what th’hell does that mean?”

Hans sorta just sat there, not knowing what to do.

After reprimanding the guard who prematurely rang the bell, Jacques went around, looking for the intruder it was rang for anyways. He may be only a small threat, but a threat is still a threat.

Ryko continued to watch, a smiled growing on his face.

Moenir heads on over, wondering what the flashes of red were.

Blud heads down, wondering what this trouble was.

Sarah turned to him. “Why’r’ya smilin?” She asks. “D’you 'ave any clue what it means?”

Sean rolled his eyes. “Accent gives it away, too.” He mutters.

Moenir would see that whoever it was had went into a house.

“What am I supposed to do?” Blud might hear. “It’s the only thing most of the people in town have to pay with! What should I do, refuse business because someone has the wrong type of coin?” He might hear the innkeeper saying.

“Zis town is under Nikidian rule now.” He might then hear a soldier saying. “So Nikidian coin is to be used. Understand?”

“This is funny.” Ryko replied.
“Well, I do know what’s going on, but I’m not telling you.” he said.

Asher was just watching, not sure what to do.

Moenir slightly curious peered his head over to look into the house.

Blud walks down commenting,
“Coin this, coin that, it’s still coin why should the manufacturer matter?”
He questions the soldier.
“The real question is when did I get here?”