Cyber-Hand's Forge

Personally, I would make the top halves spikes larger, and shrink the lower half a bit. Otherwise I like the melding!

1 Like

That moment when you realise you need to remake thy mask cause a better shape of it was released by LEGO.

6 Likes

ehhhh meh, I know that people were waiting on concept art and such to get the final design but the thing with the concept art is that the final product doesnā€™t always wind up as in line with the concept.

Like yea, this is great but my critique would be itā€™s a little too overdesigned with the curves compared to the actual masks. Actually reminds me of concept art for the enemies in Halo.

4 Likes

haā€¦ hahahā€¦HAHAHAHAHAā€¦nope not happening. Unless you are willing to commission me to make the mask. Several reasons I will not be making this mask is;

1. if this is a 3/4 view that mask will be huge.
  2. if I make this mask the way it was intended to be made it would need to be in two parts. doubling the sale cost, and my workload.
  3. A lot of those back crowns spikes look too thin to be printed safely.
  4. without at least a second image I will have to gett how wide and deep all the groves are.
  5. a lot of the details look very fine and would be lost on anything that isnā€™t Acrilate or frosted detail.
    In short this would take me about a week to do properly, I would need to start from scratch. Would cost about $90 minimum for both pieces from shapeways.

I agree. now that I know there arenā€™t any more images that will help me I will be going over what Ixrollout has noticed and making a final version of the mask.

Also the mask reminds me of the Decepticons in the bay movies.

7 Likes

Donā€™t make that offer, someone will do it.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure heā€™d be willing to, for the right price, but itā€™s too much work for mass production

Shapeways was never a mass production thingā€¦not yet anyways.

It looks more like the JTO mask was a concept and this was the final product, due to it having foresight to have additional hinge connectors and the fact its dual molded. Also the curviture of the mask feels more complete

Sad is that there is many detailed pics of prototype Mask of Control, but none of MoUP or Vahi.

1 Like

Literally half of the mask artwork is the MoUP my friend. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@cabbieboy but itā€™s just concept arts not final mask from every angle like prototype MoCo

2 Likes

True, true. Iā€™m super excited to pour through the pdf after work today. It looks so good. Link for anyone reading this: The Art of Lego Bionicle PDF

2 Likes

Here in really high resolution (thanks to BZP): Dropbox - The_Art_of_LEGO_BIONICLE.pdf - Simplify your life

1 Like

I have taken it upon myself to screenshot images of masks I would love to see made. Some of them are the same mask from different angles:

Sorry for the long post, but I know you were thinking about making some of these. And that Tahu mask that I have posted from a million different angles I would love to see. Anyone agree with these choices?

-These are just recomendations, I by no means expect you to make any of theseā€¦

2 Likes

Can we also have one without the cheese holes. I just think that the lover half of the Vahi would not have the holes on the mask.

1 Like

@Cyber-Hand
Abut your version of full Vahi, well it isnā€™t too good, it looks like bucket and mixing styles also not works. Here I collect all versions that could be good example how it could look. And I think 2,5,6 are the best.
Beside when it comes to full Vahi it would need two versions (like with MoUP) one bigger with axle for old G1 heads and one smaller for new heads from G2.

3 Likes

Cyberhandā€™s interpretation is fine, although I personally would prefer the top half not to have the holes. If you think you can do better, nobodyā€™s stopping you from trying.

1 Like

I have an idea for this topic, how about we change the name since the is topic is not just about the MoUP.

Personally, I like Cyberā€™s take on the mask. It was a huge project that he poured his all into and while it would be interesting to see this concept art be turned into a real mask I honestly prefer the design that we have now as the it has its own unique style and feel to it. But what ever Cyber decides to do, Iā€™ll roll with it.

5 Likes

Considering this is 3 days work minimum, and I need to eat I wouldnā€™t be able to do it for anything less than $200 AUD. Even then from what I have come to experience, people always like changes made after I am done.

I would have to disagree with you, since the only 3d models of the masks are the ones from complete masks. I doubt that they would have put time and money into making such a complex mask before the final result was done. Then again we did see a 3d print of the prototype Tahu mask.

I agree is would have been very nice to see a 3d model of the Moup and more images of the Vahi.

have to say that i did fall in love with this version of the concept art.

I will be getting around the tahu mask in a little bit.[quote=ā€œultimo, post:608, topic:27337ā€]
Here I collect all versions that could be good example how it could look. And I think 2,5,6 are the best.
[/quote]
I will see what I can do with these the day after tomorrow. I am not sure if they will work and turn out the way you think when turned more on the side since the way my g2 version works.

How about ā€œ3d Printed Masksā€ I thin k that would work.

In other news, I have done a test for making resin versions of my masks. Here is a silicone mold of a protector mask and a resin copy.

Going to be testing a gold and a gun metal powder soon and a clear cast overnight.

11 Likes

if i could step in with a third option. is it possible that the JTO mask is a simplified version of the mask depicted in the book. perhaps they lacked the time to produce a full 3D model of the much more detailed mask so they modified it.

or

the mask in the book is the finalized version however the one that was printed was a modified model of the mask from JTO and internally the mask of ultimate power never reached the point were it was modeled in by the lego team.

or

i might just not know what im on about.

i went to fix thisā€¦
it is only now that i discover that ive lost masterā€¦

1 Like