Define your MOCing style

So I’ve never posted here…

Well, the three words that can sum up my moccing style is mechs and robots. I’ll branch into other subjects, but that’s what I consider myself best in. And I make them out of system.

1 Like

Hrm, he has no style? Now where have I heard that before…?

Aha! NOW I remember!

4 Likes

My mocs are ussually not very complicated due to lack of parts to make them complicated. And they are all made in very wierd ways with some wonky proportions

4 Likes

Too hard to put it in a few words so I’ll just put it down in bullet points.
-Generally humanoid proportions,unless I’m making a drone or something.
-I try to make lots of things custom but sometimes I just give up and use pre-made limbs or CCBS.
-Limbs have either of two styles:Generally slim or slimmer upper limbs than lower.\

Sorry about the complete lack of photos,my camera is out of comission.:expressionless:

1 Like

I usually make humanoid figures, and build with the main purpose of making the figure both have good shaping, and still having all of the proper articulation points. Even if that means that there isn’t much articulation in some joints. I use a fairly even blend of CCBS and technic in my builds, as well as a little system. I am also starting to branch out and use different styles and techniques.

1 Like

Lego tires, CCBS, a little bit of system here and there, an iota of technic, and some traditional bionicle parts. Usually build humanoid mocs. Most of the time I can’t create custom designs, so I often use other community member’s designs (giving credit where credit is due, of course.)

It’s… so beautiful
(Cries)

Edited for double-post. Please take a look at the site rules if you’re unclear about what that means. Thanks. P.S.-nice username! --John Smith

4 Likes

Unorthodox ccbs

2 Likes

It turns out, after all of my years of building humanoid figures, I’m better with rahi and such.

3 Likes

As you have most likely seen, I use a good bit of these two colors in my Mocs, from the Mocs actual basic colors to armpit highlists. I personally feel that these two colors are easy to use since they tie in with a lot of the other colorations. I like the look they add to the armor, making it feel as a knight style armor. What do you feel is the correct amount of silver and gunmetal to use in a MOC and why?

I think as an accent, only one or the other should be used; I don’t think having both as accent colors at the same time really works. Both can be used to good effect if one is accenting the other, such as having silver with gunmetal accenting it, but without another color, a MOC with silver an gunmetal can kind of look bland.

2 Likes

True,
But what if you are using them as base colors, and throw in a thrid color as an accent

I believe that this is subjective, some mocs may need more gunmetal than other mocs.

CCBS with greebling in between.

2 Likes

Way too much CCBS.
All the tires you can put on that thing without disabling articulation.
Lack of pieces.
Rubber bands (though I’m going to use those less).
Balljoints.

2 Likes

I can make a torso.

But nothing else.

1 Like

My MOCing style? Coming up with one good design and then overusing that design.
/s

Too true.

But I’d describe my MOCing style as mostly simple, but very effective. I love custom torsos, but not so much custom limbs.

I tend to avoid greebles, but with some of my ‘20 year older’ MOCs, I’m planning, I’m going to include some. for example, here’s my self-MOC, Kasai, Guardian of fire.

Left is younger Kasai, right is 20 years older Kasai.

4 Likes

Amen, dude, amen.

3 Likes

I either go for a very technich heavy or a comic-bookish simplistic style, depends on the style of moc I want.

Tall and lanky

I try to make my MOCs look like something Lego would actually make. That leads to very simple CCBS, but I take design over complexity, as I don’t have too many pieces anyway.

1 Like