Define your MOCing style

I generally start out with an armor selection I like and create a frame around it, barely do I ever integrate armor into the moc. Generally complex, technic frames are made. Torsos are always more complex, and limbs are generally stock ccbs. I also try to keep a unique aspect, usually design wise in my mocs. Smooth exteriors are almost always used, with the occasional greebling, but it’s never overdone (unless you look at my older mocs). Mocs are generally bulky as heck, legs about 4-5 axle length for the width and are anywhere from 10-14 inches tall. Generally are posable and the only thing that prevents it is usually greebling.

2 Likes

I follow the Galidor style. Collect as many weird pieces as possible and “glinch” a moc around one or two. Studless parts are better, since they don’t look like lego and are guaranteed to fool the audience.

6 Likes

I use a lot of HF shells with custom bones and frames…

I also usually use one single style of frame for most Mocs, only modifying it when needed.

1 Like

For me. Customized torso’s with simple limbs. Sometimes custom legs

I don’t think i have developed enough for a Moc style yet
How i think of it for anything you have to master first before being unique or develop it med-high in your practice.

i like to make them look as disgusting as possible, simply because of the story ive made for themwhether that be making them purposely “crappy” looking, or just giving them a good paintjob, then wearing it down myself. for instance.

1 Like

Technic heavy for G1 Bionicle. The more it looks like the old sets the better. Smooth/greebily for CCBS.

1 Like

well, My Style Tries to Replicate the Style of G2 like if it was a Real Set

doing stuff like Using not that may Illegal Techniques, Using Parts between 2011 when CCBS First Came to Today’s Lego Sets, and at least Giving a Few of them Play Features like a Gear Box or the Stud Launchers

but seeing how it’s not Really a Real Set, I Am Free to do what ever I want.

as long as it fit the G2 Style

1 Like

Stage 1: Make an inner torso frame out of whatever.
Stage 2: Decide the overall aesthetic; like whether the build should be super sleek or super greebly or anything ranging between.
Stage 3: Find some really niche and unorthodox parts and maybe build around those too.
Stage 4: Idk do the rest of the moc.

1 Like

My MOCing style?
I focus on making my MOCs with a decent articulation, and I also try to stick to a more G1 aesthetic in the looks. To me I basically try to make a waist joint mandatory and to improve on the shoulders. I don’t really mind using CCBS parts when I MOC either. Just b/c I stick to a more G1 style, doesn’t mean I need to stay only with G1 parts, although I’m finding more uses for those old parts every day.

One example of my current style is my revamp of Onewa. Earlier this year I posted a “instructions” to bundling the body of a super articulation body for the toa metru builds. The goal at the time was to make a waist joint and extra shoulder movement for the Toa Metru builds. (pardon the messy desk) :stuck_out_tongue:

I found a lot of issues with that design and redesigned it from scratch making this, which is now my favorite MOC, that I’ve built.

it’s less chunky boasts the same shoulder articulation and is much more filled out. Not to mention the leaning back is very natural.

(this is a slightly outdated version, the most current basically just has friction adders from the CCBS line on the legs and a CCBS redesigned had for the waist joint to keep it nice and tight.)

Found an image of the most recent variation.
(those blue pins allow the Pitons to stick to his waist and basically sheathe them)

2 Likes

My M.O.C.ing style is pretty much custom torsos with CCBS and/or Bionicle limbs and heads. Sometimes I use complex color schemes but it’s usually just 2-3 opaque colors thrown onto the build a certain way.

Some odd combination of CCBS and technic. Good torsos, terrible shins.

2 Likes

Trash

1 Like

I can probably say my style is pretty much “half decent at everything, but really good at nothing.”

Like, looking at my more recent stuff, it includes non-humanoids, humanoids, greebled MOCs, smooth textured MOCs, CCBS heavy MOCS, technic heavy MOCs, system heavy MOCs, a vehicle, an a big light up skull.

3 Likes