The Nintendo Direct just ended. Smash Brothers was, of course, the main course of the presentation.
- Daemon X Machina launches on the Switch in 2019.
- Torna releases on 9/14 as DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
- Every Pokeball Plus accessory for Pokemon Go ____! includes an exclusive Mew.
- Super Mario Party launches on the Switch on 10/5.
- Three Houses, a Fire Emblem game, launches in spring 2019 on the Switch.
- Overcooked 2 launches on the Switch on 8/7.
- KillerQueenBlack launches on the Switch later this year.
- Octopath Traveler has a new demo available on the eShop and launches on 7/13 on the Switch.
- Fortnite: Battle Royale is available for free on the eShop starting today. I don't think it's available just yet.
As for Smash...
- 20 minutes were spent on Smash.
- It is referred to as Smash Brothers Ultimate.
- Every single character that has appeared in Smash history is playable.
- Many characters have been slightly or significantly reworked. These include alterations to moves, different movesets, or aesthetic changes.
- Daisy has been announced as an echo fighter of Peach. Echo fighters are clones with special characteristics. Echo fighters include Dark Pit and Lucina.
- Ridley is now a fighter.
- Don't expect many newcomers this time around.
Personally, I'm quite pleased with the direct despite not being a major Smash fan. While I did enjoy it, I will say that other E3 presentations probably beat Nintendo's. Objectively, there wasn't much there despite mostly Nintendo titles and some have the right to be displeased with the lack of coverage on already announced games other than Smash. I however, don't understand why people get mad over games that aren't even in development yet.
A lot of people were for some reason expecting an Animal Crossing announcement and were furious that it wasn't there. I think that getting mad over realizing that a game you wanted isn't being made anytime soon is ridiculous. No one's entitled to a video game and if your enjoyment hinges solely on one announcement that that's a problem. Just my opinion.