E3 2018 Discussion Topic

Just like with the past two years, here’s the place to discuss the latest goings-on at E3 2018

Here’s the schedule for this year:

Also, as EA’s press conference has already happened, I’ll post that as well

4 Likes

i dont really care about many of ea’s games

but i am HYPE for the clone wars content and future content that will be added to battlefront 2…yes i play bf2 i am prepared for people berating me for this

5 Likes

I like BF2, not as good as BF1 though

I’m basically only watching for Spider-Man. That’s like, the one game I’m hyped for.

Anthem looks cool in concept, but I doubt it’ll be any good with EA’s grubby little hands on it.

Waiting for those Nintendo announcements, and that “rumor” Superman game.

1 Like

I think it would be cool if Half Life 3 announced this year (since this year the twentieth anniversary of the first Half Life game) But I doubt it’ll happen.

In fairness, EA have taken some of the necessary steps to fixing it as far as I can tell.

CLONE WARS

That is all.

Sony will knock it out of the park as per usual and Ubisoft will be enjoyable, if maybe a tad too long. That’s all I care about when it comes to E3, basically so I’m ready for Monday!

Dennis is my fav.

i’m just hope’n that we might see some more metroid prime.

1 Like

CLONE WARS CONTENT?! WHERE IS THIS ANNOUNCED?

ea play
here is a Reddit post from the community manager Reddit - Dive into anything
also announced was a non liner game mode that involves capturing command posts and destroying capital ships ( may be a separate thing, the way he said it was unclear) and a road map for future content at the end of this month

I’m sad.

Also Oof that image upload, what the heck

That DMC5 trailer legitimately gave me chills.

So, Forza Horizon 4 got announced. Me and @BearerOfBricks are pretty excited for it. I unfortunately probably won’t be able to play it (unless I build a gaming PC over the summer) because it comes out after I go back to college :cry:.

This is what I was waiting for.
PC Halo please.

7 Likes

Heck Yeah!

1 Like

They EXIST

1 Like

This has gotta be a prank.

The Nintendo Direct just ended. Smash Brothers was, of course, the main course of the presentation.

• Daemon X Machina launches on the Switch in 2019.
  • Torna releases on 9/14 as DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
  • Every Pokeball Plus accessory for Pokemon Go ____! includes an exclusive Mew.
  • Super Mario Party launches on the Switch on 10/5.
  • Three Houses, a Fire Emblem game, launches in spring 2019 on the Switch.
  • Overcooked 2 launches on the Switch on 8/7.
  • KillerQueenBlack launches on the Switch later this year.
  • Octopath Traveler has a new demo available on the eShop and launches on 7/13 on the Switch.
  • Fortnite: Battle Royale is available for free on the eShop starting today. I don’t think it’s available just yet.

As for Smash…

• 20 minutes were spent on Smash.
  • It is referred to as Smash Brothers Ultimate.
  • Every single character that has appeared in Smash history is playable.
  • Many characters have been slightly or significantly reworked. These include alterations to moves, different movesets, or aesthetic changes.
  • Daisy has been announced as an echo fighter of Peach. Echo fighters are clones with special characteristics. Echo fighters include Dark Pit and Lucina.
  • Ridley is now a fighter.
  • Don’t expect many newcomers this time around.

Personally, I’m quite pleased with the direct despite not being a major Smash fan. While I did enjoy it, I will say that other E3 presentations probably beat Nintendo’s. Objectively, there wasn’t much there despite mostly Nintendo titles and some have the right to be displeased with the lack of coverage on already announced games other than Smash. I however, don’t understand why people get mad over games that aren’t even in development yet.

A lot of people were for some reason expecting an Animal Crossing announcement and were furious that it wasn’t there. I think that getting mad over realizing that a game you wanted isn’t being made anytime soon is ridiculous. No one’s entitled to a video game and if your enjoyment hinges solely on one announcement that that’s a problem. Just my opinion.

3 Likes