Elisia: City of the Storm [pitch] [MOC] [Lightning Tribe Lore]

So first I’d like to apologize for any spelling or grammer mistakes. This is the first time I’ve written a fanfiction.

I wanted to write a backstory for the lightning tribe which fits in with the Brickonicle storyline. I left Voriki out on purpose.

Elisia: City of the Storm

The great being Ekimu created 6 sentient Matoran races based on 6 of the many elements.
Brother Makuta who did not like the fact that Ekimu created sentient beings wanted to clear the Matoran of the island of Artakha. However Ekimu stopped Makuta, To appease Makuta Ekimu created the sacred law that no Great Being or any other being could create sentient life. But Ekime made Makuta promise that he would not further harm the Matoran.

(pre Karzahni reveal lore)
however in secret a 7th tribe the tribe of lightning was created

wip

After this the Brothers started to battle each other.

None of them payed any attention to the destruction they were causing they were only focused on each other. The ground started to shake and crumble due to the battle.

The battle ended when the sacred Toa spirits who were sworn to protect the Matoran sent all 3 brothers into a deep stasis from which they couldn’t wake.

(post Karzahni reveal lore)
however Karzahni the 3d brother fascinated by the Elusiveness of the Element of Lightning wanted to create a 7th Matoran race. In secret Karzahni created the Tribe of lightning. Matoran who could bend lightning and electricity to their will.

When Makuta found out about the 7th he became furious at Ekimu thinking he had created this new Matoran race. Ekimu dumbfound told makuta that it wasn’t him who created this new Matoran race but Makuta wouldn’t listen. Ekimu angry and distressed because Makuta wouldn’t believe him started to shout at Makuta. Meanwhile Karzahni had joined Ekimu and Makuta. He confessed that he had created the Tribe of Lightning.
An argument broke out between the brothers. which ended when Makuta took a big swipe at a close by Lightning Matoran village killing many Matoran.

After this the Brothers started to battle each other. Ekimu was furious at Makuta for not trusting him and breaking his promise of never hurting Matoran. he also was angry that Karzahni had broken their sacred law of not creating any new sentient beings. Karzahni was angry at Makuta for attacking his Matoran and Makuta was enraged at both of his brothers.

None of them payed any attention to the destruction they were causing they were only focused on each other. The ground started to shake and crumble due to the battle.

The battle ended when the sacred Toa spirits who were sworn to protect the Matoran sent all 3 brothers into a deep stasis from which they couldn’t wake.

10 years later.
The six Matoran tribes blamed the Tribe of Lightning for the destruction caused by the great battle to which many Matoran of all tribes lost their lives. It became forbidden to speak of the Lightning tribe. The 6 other tribes even started to witch hunt the Lightning Matoran.

Lightning Matoran go into hiding. They wished for a safe place they could call home. They started to experiment with their elemental powers. They used their powers to build machines.
later they discovered a way to make engines powered by electricity. Having discovered this technology they knew the only way forward was to build a floating city. however they were in search of a powersource strong and reliable enough to power their city.

the solution was found when a Matoran pioneer discovered the Endless storm.
A storm located to the north of the island. A creation of Karzahni. Other islanders didn’t dare to go near it. And so the Tribe of Lightning started to build their city. The city became known as Elisia City of the Storm

Current time (many decades later)
The Lightning tribe rarely travels to Arthaka. Only when they are in need of supplies will they send groups of disguised Matoran to the surface. The history of the lightning tribe has mostly been wiped and hardly any Matoran of the other tribes know of their existence.
Elisia to this day is still located in the safety of the Endless Storm.

TLDR
karzahni creates the lightning matoran. The 3 brothers get in an argument because of this and start to battle each other killing many matoran in the proces.
The 6 tribes blame the lightning tribe for the destruction caused by the battle and start to hunt them. Lightning matoran seeking safety discover The Endless Storm. They engineer jet engines powered by electricity and use this technology to create small floating platforms. They connect the platforms together forming a city which they called Elisia. Elisia has ever since hovered in The Endless Storm.

onto the MOC.
its simply a consept of what the city could look like. I don’t have amazing drawing skills like @Oomatu.

The towers are living spaces for the Matoran. the big spiked rod structures are to catch and gide lightning, to collect and store the energy. The Nuva symbol of lightning is present on some of the structures.

Colorscheme:

• Primary: purple
  • Secondary: light yellow
  • details: pink highlights
62 Likes

That looks straight outta ratchet and clank or somethin.

Real neato burrito/10

1 Like

This is beautiful… the moc, the story… everything. This all would work really well. Nice work.

2 Likes

Its clear enough that it fits in our narrative but vague enough that it doesn’t conflict with anything we want to do with our characters or story.

Honestly, this is a perfect pitch. I love this. Some things may need to be tweaked ever so slightly but I really like this idea a lot and the MoC is amazing.

We will definitely have to discuss this on the podcast.

17 Likes

This is actually pretty genius.

2 Likes

This is amazing. I want this!

1 Like

This is exactly how I invisioned the Lightning Empires city design…but I would add in just a few more pagoda elements to the towers.
http://www.kew.org/sites/default/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=HbQhklBH
https://rampages.us/garstai/wp-content/uploads/sites/14992/2016/04/china-pagods.jpg

Also storywise I would make it so that some parts of the structures (the oldest) are constructed on floating rock like found in Kauae region, and that the floating hover tech for the artificial islands was designed later on once they learned how to create it from the inspiration they got from Airships and the floating rocks themselves.

Their current vehicles would look like something out of the Matrix series.

With lightning rods and electromagentic hover generators.
http://orig10.deviantart.net/c73b/f/2011/031/6/7/shadow_broker_ship_hd_by_dowmodder-d38gysr.jpg
Or ships from Mass Effect (imagine seeing this popping out from the Everstorm)…or the entire Lightning Empire could live on moving ships like these with cities on top of them, constantly following the everstorm which circles the whole land area. The ships move between where the hot and cold air colide (or the eye of the Storm, completely unditected from the outside of the storm).

This would be a great way the Lightning Empire to attack any region at any point without detection since its very mobile, and has that storm doing most of the front line offense and defense.

6 Likes

Yes, this is amazing, it needs tweaks (like the pink, I’m not sure I would associate it with lightning), the pagoda styling is awesome and the spines(?) are a cool detail.

I think a purplish blue or some similar colour would be a suitable replacement based on the environment the lightning is in, lightning is bluer if it is hotter and more energetic and is more red or orange if the environment is cooler. It can also have other variations if there are certain gases present. Given it’s in The Endless Storm we can assume that it’s energetic and the gases that would cause these variations would most likely not be present.

That’s just my suggestion but everything else is amazingly done.

2 Likes

Wow.

Good job on this.

That is pretty amazing.

1 Like

This is cool :slight_smile: I like it.

1 Like

10/10 Columbia vibes arrived on time

and I dont know, but I wanted to make that bridge on the far right side impossible
so here you have it

2 Likes

Dude, I love everything about this! You really nailed the lightning motif, while working well within the pre-existing environments. Home run concept!

11 Likes

Ahh that messes with my head xD

im personally not really into the idea that there would exist a seventh ribe of Matorans on the island with a seventh elemental god. Personally i think Voriki should be a stranger to the island who comes from a far away land, plus i also think that she should not be an actuall toa, but come from a species that looks similar to them. Also her elemental powers i think should not be elemental powers, but be based around the technology she have with her which is tied to her people and their culture who use technology to manipulate the elements (but other than that can’t control them like the Matorans nor the Toa).

This is a beautiful MOC and an equally epic backstory to go with it.

1 Like