Empire of Insects (signups)

Name: Cheviot
Species: Rhinotia hemistictus (long-nosed weevil)

Capabilities:
-As a weevil, he is able to fly, though not particularly far, quickly, or elegantly by any means.
-Cheviot is of a smaller build than most insects (though large by weevil standards). He isn’t strong at all, nor is he particularly fast. It doesn’t take much to sustain him, though.
-He’s very dexterous with his first his middle pair of legs, and he’s skilled at financing and accounting.
-He can scale walls rather well, though he’s not particularly adept at it.
-He’s self-taught in use of a dagger.
Appearance: Cheviot is bipedal and quite large (for a weevil, who are usually just over the size of houseflies). He doesn’t appear too distinct from most of his species, though his exoskeleton is an ever-so-slightly lighter brown. He wears a sand blue shemagh-style scarf around his neck, purchased from and woven by The Weaver.
Bio: Cheviot is sly and something of a coward. During the reign of Emperor Hoshu, he worked for some time (and amassed a good bit of wealth) as a tax collector, and later a tax farmer. He grew distraught by the Emperor’s death, and quit his job. At that point he was more than set for the rest of his life, and he didn’t want to deal with the complications of a regime change. Cheviot’s been laying low ever since, wearing his blue scarf out in public rather than his elaborate tax collector’s uniform. He can feel the social tension brewing, and seeks not to be involved in the inevitable storm (and to fuel his pollen addiction.)

it’s more than likely i’m not gonna be too active but this rp looks top

1 Like

@Ghid Finished editing the sign-up sheets.

So, he has wings but can’t fly?[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:146, topic:49830”]
Capry
[/quote]

Approved.[quote=“MaximusPrimal, post:186, topic:49830, full:true”]
So how long has the emperor been dead as of now?
[/quote]

About two weeks.[quote=“HewksDKowlihad, post:187, topic:49830”]
(and to fuel his pollen addiction.)
[/quote]

Oh, here we go[quote=“HewksDKowlihad, post:187, topic:49830”]
Cheviot
[/quote]

Approved.

1 Like

Wings like “wings”.
Don’t really know how to call them firebugs can’t fly.

Just making sure.[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:146, topic:49830”]
Vachy
[/quote]

Approved.

1 Like

I’ll enter the game in the following one/two hours. Have I lost anything important?

Not much.

1 Like

@Ghid

Did some Fan art of Wei Mu hope you like it

5 Likes

This RP isn’t even a week old and there’s already fanart

Excellent work, and thank you

1 Like

No problem man, you wrote interesting characters that inspired me to draw.

Edit: Here’s my take on Yuburu (May do the Weaver at a later date)

4 Likes

So I have some questions, specifically about a few potential insects.

One: would a ladybug be okay? Seems like one people haven’t tried yet.
Two: what about a firefly?
Three(last one): or an antlion?

I probably only play one or two of the three, but I wanted to know just in case, since I had ideas for all three.

These are amazing! Could you do one for Goliath?

Also heads up, I’m leaving for a scout camp and will be gone for about a week.

1 Like

Certainly!

1 Like

Awesome! I can’t wait to see it.

I don’t want to swamp you, but could you do Lilith?

1 Like

Yeah, a ladybug is fine.[quote=“Runa, post:197, topic:49830”]
Two: what about a firefly?
[/quote]

They’ve been introduced as the Capitol’s royal servants. But that’s just because I’m lazy. You’re welcome to create an independent one.[quote=“Runa, post:197, topic:49830”]
Three(last one): or an antlion?
[/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean. The adult antlion and the juvenile are vastly different.

1 Like

I was thinking the larval stage. The idea would be to make him a “master of traps” in a way. That is, if I decide to go with an antlion.

That would end up in a character who changes between forms in-game, which I’m really iffy on. Plus your larval antlion would be landlocked most of the time, wouldn’t he?

Yeah, he’d be on/in the ground most of the time.

I could make it so his growth has been somehow stunted, and he would be unable to grow into the adult form of the average antlion somehow. Like, he’d die of old age before he was able to metamorphasize.
I’m not sure how much scientific backing that explanation would have, but it sounded good in my head.

Because their sentient perhaps have him refuse to cacoon, despite how much his instincts are telling him otherwise

2 Likes