Female Toa Team

So, its been awhile. Once again it is a female moc (or in this case 4 females). The last time I tried to make a female moc, it didn’t go over too well. So here is attempt #2. I had to dismantle my previous 2 mocs to make these 4 as I am very strapped for parts. I am not too happy with the arms which are just basic Metru arms (perhaps I could have used Inika arms, but I’m too lazy to find the elongated forearm piece I would need). At any rate, I’ve learned I suck at building arms (Any specific help on custom arms that still look good would be a major help)…

I think this is a lot better than my last attempt, which I was told looked gappy and awkward. So I went with a complete overhaul and made 4 of them just cuz I could. They figure still do have an exposed ball joint (as you can see) on their knees, but with my limited parts that was all I could do. Perhaps I could place some type of armor pieces to cover the ball joint, but I am afraid that will make the knees way to thick.

Story Time: This is a team of four female Toa, and that’s really it. They protect the Matoran, combat the shadows, and whatnot. I’ve eliminated two Toa from the traditional six as I felt having both ice/water and earth/stone was far too repetitive. In my Bionicle Universe, there are only 4 Toa in a team: Fire, Water, Earth, Air. Get used to it.

NOTE: They do not need the bases to stand (unless they are in a one legged pose), but they are a little unstable because they have no real feet.

Picture in order Left to Right:

Rika (Toa of Fire), Lekuva (Toa of Air), Nikki (Toa of Water), Rekuna (Toa of Earth)

Personalities:

Rika: She can’t take anything seriously. She is always joking around, for better or worse. She sees Lekuva as her little sister, and the two are best friends. They often annoy the two other members of the team, and they get delight from doing so.

Lekuva: Fun and playful, not too serious. By far the quickest of the group (Unless underwater,that goes to Nikki). Very childish and overly trusting of strangers. Has a lot to learn, but still carries quite a few surprises. Often underestimated by opponents, giving her an upper hand.

Nikki: Surprisingly, the hot headed one of the group. She is a masterful tactician, and while she is probably the weakest of the group, she can still put up a fight, often using her opponents weaknesses to her advantage.

Rekuna: Brave and fearless leader of the Team. Extremely strong, yet level headed. She knows how to play her cards, and isn’t afraid of a tactical retreat if the need be, but she isn’t a coward either. She cares for all of her teammates safety above her own, and is respected by all.

I’ve gone ahead and posted pictures of all of them, keep in mind they all have nearly identical builds as is typical Toa fashion.

I gave Nikki a few more picture Because she’s my favorite of the lot.

Anyways, tell me what you think.

21 Likes

I like the build of all of them, very complex.

But oh boy… Prepare for lots and lots of Nuva breast posts.

16 Likes

XD

I know… I am prepared. I honestly couldn’t care less though. The reason everybody hates them is because people misuse the style all the time. I feel (and hope to God) that I used it right here…

OK, so I don’t understand the point of all these nuvaboobs and nuvabutts etc because Toa do not reproduce and therefore do not need any organs vital to reproduction

They look good I guess

10 Likes

It is mostly hated because it oversexualizes female MOCs, when there are more ways to achieve the female vibe without using such obvious things like the breasts and the butt.

However I don’t think they are too bad on this MOCs but still a bit bothersome.

Regardless these are great MOCs, they do look like a team.

9 Likes

Probably should have made this more clear, but all my mocs belong to my own Universe of Bionicle. And in my Universe, they actually do reproduce (hence, BIO-mechanical). Toa are actually “built” in a sense that they are given enhancements by some unknown ritual that I’ll come up with at some point, but they are still born.

Anyway, thanks for the comment, sorry for such a long reply. :wink:

While they look like a team, they kind of all look the same. They lack individuality.

4 Likes

So Basically Glatorian with elemental powers

5 Likes

Yeah, I guess that sums it up.

So Glatorian who have met Mata Nui, basically?

2 Likes

So basically Kiina with deifferent elements?

1 Like

OK.

Time to tear in.

Toa 1:
Open balljoints on the knees
tacky nuvaboobs
lack of feet
oversexualized pose
nuva shoulder armor in the bum
random bits of sand blue sprinkled in.

Toa 2:
Open balljoints on the knees
lack of feet
tacky nuvaboobs
tacky and bad use of the great Huna in the bum.

Toa 3:
Random white only present in the thighs
barely used mata green breaking up the colorscheme badly
tacky nuvaboob
open knee balljoints
mask who’s color doesn’t fit with the rest of the moc (Seriously, just use the Stars form of the mask. it’ll fit better.)
lack of feet]and the use of metru shoulders for a bum.

Toa 4:
random brown in the thighs
2 shades of brown only ever used in the thighs
open knee balljoints
tacky nuvaboob
lack of feet
metru shoulder armor used as a bum.

all in all, closes that are overly sexualized, semi-haphazard colorschemes, and are just eh.

5.5/10

13 Likes

That actually seems like a very good summary of this…

I have to agree with this. They just look kind of strange, and don’t seem much like warriors to me.

2 Likes

Oh!

and 1 more thing:

they all have gappy legs.

Ya bothered the throw in bums, but not actually fill in the legs.

6 Likes

My biggest issues are the knees.

I appreciate creativity, but the execution leaves awkward angles and exposed balljoints.

After further inspection I really don’t like the red one’s neck, it looks really long and super awkward, specially with that tiny mask.

But what has to be probably a worse con than the nuva armor blah blah blah has to be the fact that there are no eyestalks.

Does the lack of eyestalks have anything to do with the story?

3 Likes

looks back

holu crap, you’re right!

+1 to the sins against them.

5/10.

4 Likes

I thought there was something missing…

4 Likes

I usually don’t like feminized MOCs, but this looks really good!

2 Likes

Lack of eyestalks is entirely because, as I said, I have very few pieces to work with. I should probably invest in more pieces if I really want to make better mocs, because right now I am operating on a very low level of parts.

2 Likes