Gali 2001

It’s been a while since I’ve done on of these, hasn’t it? Well, here’s my take on Gali Mata.

So, thoughts? Do you like it? Dislike it? Hate it? Let me know!

And if you haven’t already, check out the others.

Kopaka will get done eventually, don’t worry. :smile:

79 Likes

I really enjoy the style of this. Nice work!

2 Likes

She looks great, but different.

I dunno if it is just my memory potating out on me, but this image feels different. I dunno. Maybe it’s the background…

1 Like

Looks pretty sweet. I how clean it is, this feels like art for an “official” BIONICLE cartoon or something.

1 Like

For me, this is easily the best one you’ve done so far. Great job!

2 Likes

Oh yeah, absolutely without a doubt. I’m very happy with this one.

1 Like

Definitely one of the better drawn overall. The background looks a little odd, though, I kinda liked the more hazy effect you had with the other four.

2 Likes

Very interesting take on a classic model.

1 Like

Amazing as always.

1 Like

That Kaukau is very well done- great work!

1 Like

Background’s a bit lacking, but I know you don’t usually do that.
Looks good!

1 Like

Love all of your work, good job!

1 Like

Ayy.

This is cool beans m8.

1 Like

Yet again, you’ve made another I credible piece of artwork!

1 Like

Looks great!

1 Like

Looks good, but why is she in the desert

1 Like

That’s a beach.

Looks fantastic!!!

1 Like

Very nice! Love your take on the Kaukau and the Mata torso. Her hooks look nice and mechanical and the sun has nice glowy feel to it. She’s looking really solid overall. What program did you use to draw this?

A few critiques:

• I really dig how you did the claws though I think they would benefit from some pommels.
  • Her left foot looks a bit awkward. The ankle seems a bit too skinny.
  • The blobby background feels a bit out of place in contrast to the smooth, crisp lines of the Toa.
  • The white outline around Gali’s silhouette, while consistent with the other Toa in this series, looks awkward up against the very dark rock. Have you tried removing the outline and seeing what she would look like?
  • That cross hatching technique you used for the water looks good though it almost makes it look like ice. How about using more flowing lines, like this?
2 Likes

Firealpaca.

I originally had like, little bips on the end of the handles, but I didn’t really like how they looked.

Yeah, the idea was that it’s viewed from the side, so it’s different, but idk.

Well, as usual, i didn’t even really try with the background.

The white outline is just supposed to separate her from the background, 'cuz she’s the main point of the drawing.

Idk I thought it made the water look sparkly.

2 Likes