Generation 3 Art: Toa, Environments, and Colors [Larger Images]

Looking good!

You are now one of my new favorite people.

2 Likes

They look great but not too fod of kopaka being lightning or lewa being pronounced loo-ah. Just seems a bit odd, but the art is really good

The amount of vibrant color and cultural markings make the Toa feel so tribal and natural, like the Maori. They definitely have a more island look to them than either g1 or g2 ever did.

Also, I see nothing wrong with your water environment- It looks gorgeous, and the idea of constant heavy rain allowing coral to grow on land is amazing.

All in all, THIS seems like the direction system Bionicle should go. The colors and culture have a very Lego feel to it, and not because the Toa are in minifig form. 10/10, and I’ve got to praise the Bionicle community for picking itself up after g2’s cancellation and working together on this massive project. True dedication and fans, you all are.

4 Likes

They’re some beautiful bonkles : D

Work at LEGO please.

I had another thought, though it might be a bit late.

Tahu- Fire (duh)
Lewa- Vegitation
Gali- Water
Kopaka- Ice
Onua- OG Earth+Stone
Pohatu- Wind.

While the previous environments would be self explanatory, Pohatu is a bit different. His environment could be a sweeping prarie, and his power of wind gives him incredible foot speed.
Lewa would stay mostly the same, save for any forms of powered flight. He could continue being the most agile of the bunch.

4 Likes

A couple suggested this over in the main topic, but people seem to be really set on Lewa being air, and TTV has stated that their almost guaranteed to go Var’s changes to earth.

I thought so, and I kinda feel the same way. Still thought I should throw it out there.

Yeah, the idea was mentioned a few times throughout the week in the chaos that is the polls, but it never really gained much traction.

On a different note, will you be drawing an island of Mata Nui to go with these?

Perhaps later, as soon as we determine the elements and such. I already have a shape idea, which is a cross between the two Gens.

(Truth be told, Im working on a novel called Islandfall that is vaguely inspired by Bionicle. I’ll try my hardest not to use my Islandfall concepts throughout this project… which includes island shapes.)

3 Likes

I am suddenly equally interested in this as I am TTV’s G3 pitch…

2 Likes

Once I build up to “master” rank I’ll throw a link in self-promo. Til then, I think TVV has a good thing going here with G3, so I’ll be contributing artistically to that first and foremost. That said, the IPs are different enough conflict of interest shouldn’t be a problem for me.

1 Like

Good luck, it’s not a simple feat.

1 Like

Off topic: How do I claim a patron badge?

I wish I knew.

I personally wouldn’t mind that lineup either; however I think mixing Onua’s earth with jungle seems to be a good idea as well. Hmmm… Another possible lineup could be:

Tahu - Fire
Lewa - Wind
Gali - Water
Kopaka - Ice
Onua - Plantlife+Dirt/Earth
Pohatu - Lightning

3 Likes

I love all of them (except Kopaka, only because of the element though), if those were real minifigs I’d buy them in an instant!

0.0 These drawings are p phenomenal! I especially agree Kopaka being Toa of lightning but think maybe Pohatu should be a different element, maybe Sonics or gravity? Still all amazing though, keep it up!
I was wondering if I could ask you to make some art for me? You can DM me here or my Facebook is Ollie Lynass. I have this game I’m making called elamentals, partly inspired by MiNi Ninjas, Bionicle and Kingdom rush. If yeah, message me and ill tell ya what I’d like done and we can maybe sort out a price?
Thanks and AWESOME PICTURES!!!

Are there gonna be updated pictures from the comments of the new podcast with the finalized elements?

I’m probably gonna start moving towards environments for the time being. As I’m sure you’re now aware, the upcoming podcast was pretty heated about these designs (As I suspected it would be). Gali for instance is going back to the drawing board, and a few others names omitted will need touch ups. The problem is balancing cast oppinions with fan oppinions with my own personal taste.

I think got a little ahead of themselves when looking at these, taking them as final designs. Honestly, I just wanted to feel out the terrain a bit… seeing what stuck to the wall.