Halo:Demons in the Night RP

Blair checked her Battle rifle and SMG. “Everyone loaded up?”

1 Like

“Make our best attempt I suppose.” Catina said. “At least we’ll be ready when & if someone gets spotted.”

“yeah but I’ll probably get caught” Kiana said then looked to Blair “ready ma’am”

“Ready” Deacon said

1 Like

“Ready Ma’am.” Catina said.

Blair nodded as the prowler landed in the marshy area, it was lightly raining as the ramp lowered the run down pelican was in front of them as equipment was all scattered across the pelican.

Blair walked over and began investigating. “Thats…odd. This was the last place Fireteam Solar was seen, but…they wouldn’t have lost contact with them when they landed. Everyone look around for clues as to where Solar would have gone.”

1 Like

Deacon and Kiana checked the area. Kiana walked into the run down cockpit of the pelican, searching for a black box while Deacon covered her

“Find anything?” She asked the two

Aries decided to not do anything, electing to sit down and watch Catina. She was a sniper, not some go-getter.

“no signs of… Ah… there it is” Kiana said pulling out the pelican black box, she headed over to Blair “still intact… Let’s see what we can learn” she said as she played it

[three months ago]

“Are you seeing this?” A male voice asked.

“Yeah, Martin what do you think of this?” A female asked.

“Covenant seem to be in a rush to find the tech.” Martin said quietly.

“O’Brian, Connroy try and get closer, Marnini your with me.” The male said in a deeper voice, as the black box began acting up, skipping over conversation before and after the current one they had all heard.

Kiana kept her rifle ready, looking for movement while Deacon climbed a tree to get a vantage point, while listening to the black box

"Maybe we can find their IFF tags? Deacon suggested

It all sounded like gibberish as it kept malfunctioning, until suddenly a few phrases were heard.

“THEY GOT O’CONNOR! FALL BACK! FALL BACK!” Marini yelled, gun fire could be heard until a female scream could be heard in the background along with Covenant gunfire. “THEY’RE COMING OUT OF THE TUNNEL! TO ANYONE WHO CAN HEAR THIS! DONT LET ANYONE NEAR THIS PLANET BEFORE ITS…NO-NO-LET ME GO! PLEASE G-ARGHHHH!” He shouted before the sound of something muffling him as he still screamed in horror, another screaming could be heard, but It wasn’t close to the sounds of a human, or any of the Covenant.

1 Like

“Any idea what that scream could be?” Catina asked. “It’s not flood is it!?” Catina also asked.

1 Like

Deacon fell from his tree with a loud thud, he dropped 20 feet but didn’t care as he slowly got up “no… No no no no no please tell me that sound wasn’t what I think it is…” He sounded genuinely scared

“What the hell’s wrong with you Deacon?” Kiana asked

“I just… I hope I’m wrong… I hope to god I’m wrong…”

1 Like

“What is the sound?” Catina asked. “If it is Flood, we have no idea what their numbers could be compared to ours. And I would suggest not just waltzing in looking for a shootout.”

Deacon looked around rapidly for any signs of movement “I think that was flood” he said

“What the hell is the flood?” Kiana asked

1 Like

Aries suddenly didn’t care for what Catina had to say, feeling that she’d ignored her enough. She toyed with the idea of killing Blair and leaving them all behind.

2 Likes

Blair shot Deacon a look. “We can’t afford for people to go into panic. Don’t tell them, if they are here, we will retreat immediately.” She told him on a private comm

Deacon cleared his throat “understood ma’am”

Blair looked at the group. “Come on, I have an idea where they went.” She said pointing to the small lights in the distance.

1 Like