Halo: Enemies to Allies

“I thought the war was over, so why bring Sentinels in here?” he asked as he stopped, cleary not in the mood for a fight. He would then wonder around, hoping something was not either guarded or else.

The exterior of the library was unguarded. Marines wielding battle rifles keep watch from the structure’s many catwalks and platforms.

O’Connor explored the exterior of the library, walking pass by the Marines. Maybe if the Marines payed attention they would recognize by his reputation.

“Noted,” responds Briggs, his gaze trained on the quadruped that kept guard over the Covenant camp.

The marines did indeed take notice of him. Spartans tended to draw the attention of more ordinary folk like that.

As the party going to the covenant camp drew nearer, the four legged machine went into an offensive stance.

"Hostiles detected! Engaging enemy!
Said the giant machine in what might have been the most intimidating mechanical voice imaginable. Though none of the covenant troops were fazed. It was a voice they heard often.

“Stand down Spot! Humans are friends now! No more fighting!”
Shouted Flapflap, waving his arms over his head.

Affirmative.”
Said the machine, resuming its prior stance.

1 Like

As he walked he noticed the Marines, he simply nods slowly and makes his way towards the UNSC Camp.

After Jaxwell finished working on his DMR, he moved on to his Shotgun, cleaning and checking the amount of ammo. He also checked over the condition of the gun, making sure there wouldn’t be any miss fire or jam. He was a bit of a loner in a stray corner of the library.

The marines and ODSTs accompanying Briggs are silent, perhaps a little stunned.

“…O-kaaay…” reacts one green-clad man with a white-knuckled grip on his weapon.

“So, uh, how goes the spartan-ing?” one marine offhandedly inquires.

“Relax. Spot may seem intimidating, but he’s perfectly under our control. Like one of those animals you humans keep for companionship and hunting. What do you call it again?”
Said Syro.

O’Connor stopped, he turned his body gesture towards the marine.

For a moment there was kind of an awkwardness between the two but he speaks.“For the moment, alright I suppose…” he said, maybe the Marine could notice that his voice could cause his him to shiver as it was quite dark and tone down, he wasn’t his intention but that’s his voice and he can’t change it even if he wanted to.

“…Dog?” the marine offers.

The marine was indeed a little unnerved.

“O-okay,” he replies. “That’s… good. That’s good…”

1 Like

O’Connor noticed he was a bit unnerved. “At ease Marine, I know my reputation does not pursue me of being the quite conversationalist.” he said.

“Yes. That’s it. Dog. Now come along.”

Syro 'Zavum lead the party into the camp. There were many grunts walking around doing various jobs. Though they all screamed and ran at the sight of the humans.

Jackals stood and glared, not doing much of anything.

By one of the buildings, two brutes stood.

“Finally! The commander has brought us food. I hear humans taste quite nicely.”

“I call the demon. I’ll rip out his spine and feast on his bones!”

"No, I’ll eat the demon! You get the smaller one!

The two of them broke into a fight.

“I sometimes wonder why I haven’t executed the both of them.”
Syro said.

1 Like

Rick eyed the hunters warily. “So, uh… Ya ever had pizza before?” He asked Syro .

Chu’ck walked away from the group and sat on a crate and began fiddling with his fingers.

1 Like

“What is a pizza? I’ve never heard of such a thing.”
The elite replied genuinely.

Donovan K. Torrent, typically referred to by his nickname of Doktor, was currently waiting in the Library’s entrance hall, having arrived to join Brigg’s and their new ‘allies’ a tad too late. Armour on, face hidden behind his helmet visor, a large bag thrown over his shoulders, a red cross crudely stitched across its back, and a small datapad in his hands.

Currently he was looking down at the datapad, giving the tactical UGPS strapped across his arm quick, seemingly irritated glances (going by his matching foot taps) on a quick, semi-scheduled pattern.

“Curses, now I have to wait for Brigg’s to come back if I wish to get anything relating to our newfound allies done.” He muttered irritably. Vocal wise he was… gruff. No really identifiable accent, a bit deep in tone, and just a touch of the raggedness underlying one’d typically gain from loud yelling to his voice.

“And here I was so hoping to finally have the chance to get some hands on study of their biology and its differences to our own. I might even be able to put being trained for two different species biology on my medical license.”

1 Like

“You ain’t eatin’ sh-” Thomas begins to retort. Briggs, however, is quick to interrupt the Spartan.

“Sure is quite the setup you guys have, here,” he compliments to Syro.

“Uh… yeah. Guess it doesn’t,” replies the marine, relaxing.

“Where are the others, surely I was called for a meeting but I was to late for it.” O’Connor said.

Rick rubbed his hands together. “Oh-ho-ho… We’ll have ta teach ya some things.”

Jaxwell sighs. He finally finished his task. He jogs over and grabs a dry towel, after taking off his helmet he wipes the sweat of his face. S-7777 uses the small towel and wipes the inside of his helmet as well. After he returns the small towel, Jaxwell walks to the Library entrance and stands outside the entrance gazing out of it.