Halo: Into the Howling Dark Definitive Edition RP

Catina swapped her Rocket Launcher for her DMR while cloaked, and started peering through the scope up in the general direction she knew he was hiding, ready to send agroup of semi-auto shots in his direction. And hoping that Aries was silently lining up a shot on him with her Sniper Rifle.

“C’Mon Baby Kicker Batallion. Show yourself.” Catina said as she aimed her DMR up at his perch. “Kick up some dust, or knock some dirt and rocks over the side of the canyon.”

2 Likes

“Where are you hiding my precious prey? Where could the rabbit run to to avoid the fox?” He asked picking up a rock next to him and throwing it low to the left side far from him as it kicked up dust when it landed.

2 Likes

Catina noticed the dust in her peripheral vision. And moved her DMR to that spot. Then waited for a visual of this Spartan before she fired, not unlike the numerous Jackals with Beam Rifles Catina had faced. But he is likely more formidable than they ever were.

She also hoped to keep him preoccupied until someone else could deal with him. “Particularly the big modified Knight.” She thought., remembering it could still see her when she cloaked, and Ana saying it could teleport quickly enough to keep up with her while she flew. “I’m cautiously optimistic he could teleport & get right in that Sniper’s face, and start off by screaming at him.” She said in her mind.

2 Likes

“Holograms not ready yet, maybe I can use it to lure her out of hiding. But this is about patience. Not who can shoot the fastest.”
He said digging the sniper into his shoulder, slowing his breath. Ready to take that next shot. “I shouldn’t contact Deacon either… they could be hacked into our comms. Sorry Deacon, but I’ll try and pull you out.” He told himself.

2 Likes

“Eren, we will lose this area, pull back to support Michael.” Joan said to Eren.

“I’m not giving up on this point. We don’t need to lose more brothers and sisters!” Eren protested.

“They’re damaging your ship.” Joan said.

“Does it matter?” Eren asked.

“Yes, the people at the entrance need you.” Joan said.

“D*mmit…” Eren replied. “Tom will tell me where to go.”

“This is Spartan 2466 to 4728, the King Vulture has sustained damage. We recommend it to be pulled back to support Michael.” Joan said.

“Joan, stop.” Eren said.

“Concern acknowledged. Eren, fall back.” 4728 replied.

“No, sir.” Eren replied.

“Okay, fine. Abandon the fort. Pull back to the entrance. There’s going to be a reckoning.” Tom said.

“Yes sir.” They finally agreed.

Sky burst into the base, killing Foxtrots as she came across Rynn, who raised dual SMGs at her. Sky sent a punch in his direction, which cause him to drop an SMG to catch the hit.

2 Likes

The sniper took notice. “Where the hell are they going!” He said watching as he saw this could be a fatal error.

2 Likes

Wil and Hannah entered the base shortly after Sky had, and followed the trail of bodies to her location, seeing Sky holding onto Rynn’s SMG, as he held her fist in his hand. Wil ran up, and ducked low to deliver a punch to Rynn’s stomach. All the while Hannah was behind a corner, popping out to take shots at Foxtrot’s with her Battle Rifle.

(I am off to work soon. RIP me.)

2 Likes

Joan grabbed Catina and threw her off.

2 Likes

“Joan! What’s the situation right now?” He asked over a private comm

2 Likes

“We’re falling back, cover us, please!” Joan said

2 Likes

“Confirmed, I got your six, Tell me when drop someone.” He said readying the sniper. “One way ticket to hell coming right up dogs.”

2 Likes

Leo follows in after Sky. He fired his carbine at foxtrots.

1 Like

Sky laughed as he tried to crush her hand, firing up a thruster. Rynn used the opportunity to fire off his remaining SMG into Sky’s face, causing her to throw him off

2 Likes

The sniper knew that things weren’t going well inside, it was a feeling in his gut. “Joan, I’ll stay behind to make sure they stay off your tail. So I might not make it back.” He alerted her.

2 Likes

“Idiots, follow me.” Ambrose growled, before firing himself from the lift. One of the other Foxtrots yelled something about not leaving anyone behind, as the group followed him through the lift.

“I will destroy that… monster.” Lobster said darkly. He turned back to the foxtrot, and kicked his helmet off.

Santiago chuckled, and readied his knife “Now, left eye, or right?”

Void couldn’t scowl, but if he could, he would.

“He made some good points, about decimating humans” Omnicus said.

“He still wishes only to carry out his own agenda” Void replied “The others are fools to follow him”

2 Likes

Five drop pods scream down from the sky. Rasp is first out, and sprays what he’s expecting to be center mass at Catina, but he hits her stomach, the other’s hop out and fire too, breaking her shields, and managing a decent amount of penetrating shots

1 Like

Catina started taking rounds, and pulled her legs up to her stomach, being kicked while she is between four and five months pregnant was more than enough. As her shields popped Catina activated her bubble shield, but not before taking some more rounds from the rest of Rasp’s team, mostly her arms and legs, a few lodging in her chest plate. “Snipe them!” Catina said to Aries over the coms, hoping a sniper round or two would break their concentration, and she could drop her shield and hipfire her DMR at them. Or especially Midnight and Arrikay taking big strides and running up on them surprisingly fast.

Right after Joan had thrown Wil 036 off of Rynn, he picked his head back up and looked at her. Before running to her, grabbing her, and slamming her into the wall, before flipping her over his shoulder by her arm, and suddenly pulling back on it. Popping her arm out of her shoulder socket.

3 Likes

(Rasp’s drop pod landed within 15ft of her, kicking up dust, which renders her camo pretty useless)

(I edited my post)

OOC: Before Winter’s premature use of warhammer crossover dudes:

IC: “Rasp, my people are dying out there, can you get off your fcking as and do something, and quit being a piece of sh*t!” Tom shouted.

“The Inquisition acknowledges.” Rasp replied, since he is a blatantly crossed over character Winter put in this RP.

OOC: Currently…

Sky’s fist slams through Rasp’s visor, grabbing on to his face and crushing it. In a swift motion of her hand, she ripped out his head, along with his spine. A little bonus for her efforts. “Cat… Got your back…” Sky said. Two of Rasp’s men ran at Sky, to be killed by Aries.

“Still got it…” Aries said to herself.

The members of Ambrose’s Foxtrots had been launched far. A little too far.

“F*ck! Ambrose!” Eren called, but it was too late. All but one of his squad stepped on to the lift, and was sent flying off into the distance.

By luck alone, Ambrose landed near Lobster, as well as his additional Foxtrots.

The one that hadn’t stepped on to the gravity lift, had fallen from the King, landing in Rynn’s arms as they retreated.

1 Like