Halo: Into The Howling Dark RP

Space above Earth, March 7th, 2554. 17:30 hours

Rear Admiral Jasper was the leader of UNSC Battlegroup Charlie, which consisted of four ships. The UNSC Tranquility, Resolution, Guardian, and Defender. 2 were Paris class frigates, one was a Charon class, and one was a Marathon class cruiser. All were outfitted with shielding technology. The Marathon class, the Tranquility, was modified to have a third MAC cannon on the bow of the ship. This ship was where our Spartans were currently being briefed on their next mission by the Admiral himself.

“Spartans, you’ve been selected by the Office of Naval Intelligence to rebuild this unit. You don’t know all your teammates quite yet, and not all have been selected for the Foxtrots. But, it’s time for you all to meet the veterans. This, is Jarrod and Axle. They survived the battle of Installation 06, which you all have heard of.” As Jasper said this, two slightly taller soldiers entered the room. “They will join you in your missions.” Jasper said, reading from a datapad. “You all must be wondering who your leader is, Fireteam Foxtrot, and that is Skylor 5839. That brings us to your first operation, Spartans. I’ve received orders to clear out Insurrectionists that have sabotaged the operations going on currently at Kholo. We don’t know if they have hostages or not. We do know they have commandeered at least two Stalwart class light frigates. Long story short, we want those ships back, as well as any other stolen equipment. Our plan is to use our Paris class vessels to hold the enemy long enough for the Charon class to dock with one vessel, and we’ll destroy the other. From then on, we’ll secure Kholo from the ground. Move to the Hangar, and a Pelican should be waiting for you all to go to the Charon class. On the Resolution, the Charon class, is an armory that has your preferred weapons. Then, we’ll jump to Slipspace. Good luck.” Jasper nods at the team as he leaves. A woman in green and blue armor turns to the group.

“I’m Skylor. But you all may call me Sky. Before we go, I’d like to know more about you all.” She said. Her HUD displayed the names and tags of the other Foxtrots, but she would need to know who she was working with to lead them.

@Middlefingerstudios
@EvilLobsterKing
@RECspiriah
@ToaPyren
@Xevins
@Bigthwomp

“Darn he already introduced me now I can’t do what I was planning”. Axle grumbles as he began heading to the hangar.

2 Likes

The red and black Oceanic spartan stood up and yelled. “Time to introduce myself. My real name is reserved for my mother, you can call me Lobster. Okay? If you wanna be a wise guy and call me anything else, I’ll rip out your spine and beat you to death it”

He then turned and strolled out to the hangar…

3 Likes

The blue and green Raider spartan slowly stands up. “I am Leo, I have barely any true combat experience but can use covenant weaponry to it’s full potential. I am very honored to be serving on this team.” As he heads to the hangar he removes his helmet to wipe off a smudge on the visor, while distracted he almost trips but remains standing and walks on.

2 Likes

A black and green recon spartan stepped up: ‘My name is Elius, I’m gonna be your sniper for this time. It’s an honor to be in the Spartan IV program, and I think we are all gonna be a good team.’

He then turned around and walked out of the hangar.

2 Likes

“well, I’m Jarrod, fought with a few Spartans and blew up a halo ring, good to see you again Axle. I rejoined the military not too long ago, and well, that’s really all there is to know about me, spent a bit of time with a group of Sangheli, but that’s a story for another time, glad to be working with spartans again, nice change of pace for me”

1 Like

Sky decided that the mission would begin shortly, so she began walking with the others.

“Nice to meet you all. I look forward to leading you into battle.” 5839 said. She was being positive to try and hide that she was scared. Kholo was her home planet, where her brother Joseph was lost.

Jarrod had been working with humans and sangheli for years, he could tell something was up with her “is uh, something wrong? you seem a little shaken up”

1 Like

“What’s up? The name’s Rebecca. Hope I can be any assistance.” Said the uninterested Spartan in Silver and White Venator Armor sitting on a bench. While sitting on the bench Rebecca was preparing her equipment.

1 Like

“Well, I was born at Kholo during the war. I lost my family there. It’s why as soon as I could, I signed up.” Sky said. “I’d rather not say anymore about it.” 5839 quickly said afterward. She turned to the white Spartan. “Welcome to the team, Rebecca.” Sky said. “Let’s move to the Hangar then, people.”

Jarrod understood the pain of loosing a planet, but not his own homeworld, he could tell that something else was bothering her, but he decided not to say anything and turned towards the other spartan “Rebecca huh? sounds similar to another spartan I served with”

1 Like

When Sky welcomed Rebecca to the her new team. Rebecca did not care but when she heard they’re going to the hangar. Rebecca stopped preparing and stood up. Until Jarrod mentioned her being some what similar to a friend of his. Which Rebecca was oblivious to. Because the friend Jarrod was talking about is her Cousin Ramona. Whom she admired before joining the Military. “You mean Ramona? I’m sorry about what happened to her. Requiescat In Pace Ramona.”

2 Likes

OOC: I thought Ramona survived?

1 Like

OOC: She did. I’ve decided to kill off Ramona off-screen. Ramona died of a disease.

1 Like

OOC: well dang that’s depressing

2 Likes

Lobster hummed a tune as he walked to the hangar. He caught up to Axle as he walked. He turned to the other spartan and said "so, what exactly where you planning back there? "

edit: I forgot to reply to @Xevins when I made that post, so I tagged him here and yeah…

1 Like

OOC: Requiescat en pace then. R.I.P.

“I’m sorry for your loss.” Sky said to Rebecca “Is everybody ready to go?” Sky asked the Spartans.

1 Like

OOC:[quote=“squeaverking, post:17, topic:11203”]
Sky said to Ramona
[/quote]
*Rebecca

“Ready at your command Ma’am.” Said Rebecca saluting her.

1 Like

“No worries” Axle said to lobster “I’ll be sure to do it later” he said with what mischievous tone to his voice. (he also had a mischievous grin but that was hidden under his helmet.)

2 Likes

“Cool man” replied the Oceanic Spartan with a laugh.

1 Like