Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“What will we do to help both our wounded?” Mariana asked Sky.

1 Like

Alex kept careful watch over Vanessa, and by extension the rest of the team. Every noise could be an attacker, any flash could be gunfire. He took a deep breath, hoping his nerves would fade.

2 Likes

Sky frowned. “We’ll find a medical kiosk for them.” Sky said.

Admiral Lynch, Howard and Thompson, with several others, were huddled aboard the FTC Shepard, within a base in Africa. As Lynch took a sip from his wine, he spit it out as several Covenant Elites burst through the windows, plasma rifles blazing. The entire room had been gunned down in a matter of seconds.

Chief Ensign Jasper curled up beneath his desk. He heard the stomping feet reverberate throughout the room as the Elite moved through.

Foxtrot Command was in the middle of a celebration, for they found a solution to their problems in the Outer Colonies, when the Covenant showed up. They must have known, because a special group was sent to dispatch them, explaining the red hues of their armor.

The door burst open, and Jasper could almost feel the rapid turning of the Elite’s head.

“Hey there, I’m looking for an Ensign Jasper, you seen him?” Butch asked, lining his rifle up with the Elite, who roared as his shield dissipated. “Guess not.” Butch said, finishing it with a second shot.

“Thank god you’re here.” Jasper said, springing up from below his desk.

“I’ve been told that you are the commanding officer here, since all other Navy personnel have fallen.”

“Wait… What?”

“Directive 3 of protocol states that Navy officers are trained with leadership, and are fit to lead. Subsection 2 states that should a superior fall, it goes to the next rank, all the way until Ensign.” Butch explained.

“This is actually happening…” Jasper muttered.

1 Like

“There should be one not to far from us, they are usually all over the place.” Kaitlynn said, looking around seeing a kiosk in the far distance to the east, it’s light was small, but it shined bright. “I’ll be right back, Blake.” She said as Blake grabbed his Sniper and walked over to a concrete barrier, he readied his bipod, and gave a thumbs up. As Kaitlynn quickly ran to the medical kiosk, not as worried knowing her brother was watching her.

1 Like

“You want to run, like a weakling” Celosia said, addressing Sky.

2 Likes

“Live to fight another day…” Alex replied, snapping back to reality.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn came back a few minutes later with two MediGel kits. “Alright, who needs them?”
She asked

2 Likes

Leo approached a car that had its door open. He used parts to make a handle inside. He held onto the door as he unattached it from the car. “This isn’t to bad.”
“What are you going to use that for?” Samuel asked a bit annoyed.
“A shield obviously. What did you think a sled?” Sarah asked Samuel.
Samuel sighed, “All you need is a sword and you can be a knight.” He joked.

3 Likes

“Better make it count Leo. Because I’m sure Plasma is gonna burn right through that.” Blake chuckled.

3 Likes

“I will, if anything I’ll get a new one later down the line.” Leo said as he pulled out his SMG.

3 Likes

“Be careful then, but I’m sure everyone will have your back.”

3 Likes

“So where are we moving to?” Mariana asked Sky.

1 Like

“preferably out of the streets” Kyanna said “I believe I hear covenant coming our way” she said as she heard the sound of vehicles moving towards them from around the corner

2 Likes

“Oh goody, I could use a fight. Considering my last one was boring.” He said, readying his Sniper rifle as he ran back to the concrete barrier and took aim.

“Hey, what’s your name?” Blake asked Kyanna.

Kaitlynn ran over to his side and prepared for a firefight taking aim with her DMR.

1 Like

“you can see my name already, or do you not know about the identification technology we all have?” She said as she drove the ghost into cover

2 Likes

“I don’t pay attention much to it…Kyanna. It’s just really gets in my way when I’m trying to shoot.” He said, turning the snipers safety off. “I can hear them coming.”

1 Like

“understandable” she waited silently for the covenant to come, like a predator waits for their prey

1 Like

Blake went quiet as he held his breath to keep the aim still. He waited paitently for the time to strike. He began whispering something to himself to help him focus.

“What do you think we’ll deal with?” Kaitlynn asked quietly.

“I’m not sure sis, just make your shots count.”

1 Like

Mariana took cover. And went with her silenced Submachine Gun. Waiting patiently for any covies who may try to rush their position.

1 Like

Blake looked around until he saw a building with a perfect snipers advantage. “I’m changing spots.”
He said quickly running into the building and up its floors, attempting to get a higher view along with better shots.

2 Likes