Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

A Wraith dully groaned around the corner, with the support of three Brutes, with four grunts a piece.

“Kill them all, Grace, do the honors.” Sky said, Grace lining up a shot on the Wraith while Sky ran toward the enemy with her shotgun in hand.

Kyanna pelted the brutes with a few shots from the ghost, killing one and taking down the others shields

1 Like

“ma’am! What are you doing?!” Kaitlynn called out watching her run, as Blake put his finger on the trigger and lined his first target up on a brute minor, the sight aimed directly at its head, he took a deep breath and fired, blowing the brutes brain clean out the back of its head.

He pulled his knife out and carved a tally into the left side of his buttstock, the First of many tallies to come. “One down.”

Kaitlynn opened fire with her DMR, at a few grunts.

1 Like

Greg hobbled to cover and brought up the spiker firing it at one of the brutes

1 Like

“I have to get close to use this d*mn thing, and I’d rather it be me than you!” Sky called, as she knocked aside two Grunts before killing the Brute with a satisfying thunder from her weapon at close range.

“BUT THAT ISNT A GOOD IDEA!” She called out.

Blake dropped two more grunts with his Sniper, carving two more tallies.

1 Like

Mariana popped up from cover and opened fire with her SMG. Killing one, then the other Grunt that Sky had knocked aside.

1 Like

Celosia charged forward, sliding to a stop behind a concrete barrier. She readied her shotgun, preparing to vault over.

“Time to get started” she muttered, before springing over the cover. She extended her shotgun arm, and delivered a blast to the head of the brute standing behind Sky,

1 Like

Leo jumped behind the car to take cover.

1 Like

Kyanna killed four of the grunts with her ghost. She bumped into a car, giving a grunt the perfect opportunity to climb on, it tried to grab her and she fought back desperately, the ghost drove around the area wildly, running over another grunt, bumping into walls, cars, possibly even team mates. The grunt proved difficult for her, it viciously dug it’s claws into Kyanna’s skin and she only giggled at the pain, she kicked it in the chest, giving her the opportunity she needed to grab her energy sword and before the grunt knew what happened it’s head was cut off. Kyanna was finally able to pay attention and barely got control of the ghost in time to dodge sky

3 Likes

Kaitlynn jumped out of the way of the ghost as it almost crashed into her, she picked herself

Blake watched her through the scope, as he First attempted to shoot the grunt, only to find his gun jammed. “Holy sh*t! That was pretty ■■■■■■.” Blake said to himself as he began to process it took to fix the jam, leaving him unavailable to assist his team at the moment.

2 Likes

“I apologise if I hit any of you” Kyanna said deactivating the 4’ plasma sword and putting it away “hopefully this will not happen again” she took a quick glance at the ghost to see the metal dented from everything she hit. She cleared her throat and fired at one of the last 3 grunts

3 Likes

“It’s fine, I was pissed at first then I saw the grunt you were dealing with at the last second.” Kaitlynn said picking herself up

3 Likes

“Hey um Kyanna… where did you get that sword?” Leo asked in in a private comm.

1 Like

“quick… Come up with a lie…” Kyanna thought to herself as she dodged plasma fire from the grunts “I… Killed a Sangheili for it… On the last mission I did”

3 Likes

“So that’s how I get one… okay… thanks!” Leo said as he fired his SMG at the grunt.

1 Like

Kaitlynn walked up to Kyanna. “Hey that wound looks bad, well that’s just from my point of view, but you need some help with it?” She asked.

1 Like

“not at the moment” Kyanna half shouted as she charged forward and killed the last of the grunts by running them over

2 Likes

“Oh okay…well if you need me, just come get me.” She said watching her run the grunt over with the ghost.

Blake had accidentally left his comms on as he was quietly ranting in German to himself.

“Sind Sie kidding mich ficken? Aus dem all die Zeiten dieses dumme gun Marmeladen hatte es zu wissen! Es mir nicht nehmen drei ■■■■■■■ Minuten wieder leichtgängig. Ich hatte sogar diese Waffe letzte Woche gereinigt und es funktionierte wie es neu war, und jetzt funktioniert es wie es verwendet wurde und zu schlechten Zustand verlassen. Ich meine, für Gottes Willen wie ist das überhaupt möglich?!”

Kaitlynn listened and laughed quietly at his mistake before speaking up. “Hey, you forgot to turn your comms off.” She giggled as Blake realized what he had done, he didn’t say a word and shut them off, embarrassed that this had happened.

(Are you fcking kidding me? Out of the all the times this stupid gun jams it had to be now! It doesn’t take me three fcking minutes to unjam it. I even had this gun cleaned last week and it worked like it was brand new, and now it works like it was used and left to crappy condition. I mean, for god sakes how is this even possible?!)

2 Likes

The Wraith exploded as Grace’s rockets collided, sending it up in flames.

Sky walked over to the others. “Awesome job, Grace!” Sky said, pulling her into a friendly hug. Grace blushed.

“I-I umm, did my b-best!” She squeaked.